Avatar 2 may already have a crew being hired

Started by bagget00, February 11, 2010, 02:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tsa'räni

Oy, comments like those in the article always worry me when dealing with sequels.

bagget00

Yeah. I get the feeling of foreboding. But it may just be rumors like everything else about Avatar.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Technowraith

I tend to wait until i see it to make my opinions. Hopefully Avatar 2 will be just as enjoyable as the original we know and love right now.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I wonder what they mean by the "second movie will be faster".

It's still funny to see all the haters in the comments section though. Yup, keep hating, your movie ain't gonna make $2 billion plus.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Kìte'eyä Aungia

the hard part was designing the technology in the first place to make Pandora and the motion-capture characters real. Now that those elements are in place, a sequel will go much faster

Well, the reason Avatar took so long to produce (15 years was it?) is that a whole lot of stuff has to be done before you can even start filming on a movie like this. The 3d objects and physics have to be modeled by animators, and I understand a lot of work goes into 'fitting' an actor to the character they play through motion capture to make sure that the character's movements match the actor's perfectly. Then, on top of all that usual stuff, they actually invented several new technologies and methods specifically for this movie. Sequels will go much faster because all that stuff is already done.  

Nìftxavang Sreu

Any news on weather or not they've actually started working on Avatar 2? Avatar will be leaving theaters next Thursday, so I'm desperate!

proud member of the NSFC!!

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

they confirmed that they will start doing the second one, thier just waiting for a green signal from FOX to start producing.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

jasgor9

That's great news! Can't wait till number 2 comes out.

Technowraith

Quote from: Nìftxavang Sreu on February 24, 2010, 05:46:41 PM
Any news on weather or not they've actually started working on Avatar 2? Avatar will be leaving theaters next Thursday, so I'm desperate!

The next sequel is due out by 2012 apparently. I believe Cameron is working on a another brief project before he returns to the business of working on Avatar again.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

c**p! and i thought it would take a shorted=r time to do the 2end one

Nìftxavang Sreu

Dangggg. I mean, it's shorter then 15 years, but still, I was hoping/wishing it would be out a little sooner, all though I knew realistically any faster then two years would be amazing. oh well, now, it's just a waiting game!

pbhead

I was really actually kinda hopeing it would take longer to start on it... avatar was a runaway because it was a technical marvel... I want them to wait a few years till they can figure out the next technology that will blow everyone away.  (Personally, I am thinking cameras with adaptive optics so that everything in the frame is always in perfect focus)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I think it would lessen the experience having everything in focus, if you've seen Avatar in 3-d you can definitely tell that they intentionally blur some things to divert your attention to more important things.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

pbhead

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on March 04, 2010, 10:38:05 PM
I think it would lessen the experience having everything in focus, if you've seen Avatar in 3-d you can definitely tell that they intentionally blur some things to divert your attention to more important things.

ya, I realize alot of film makers use focus to direct attention... I am just not very fond of the seemingly double not-in-focus that seems to happen in the 3d version (or at least the perception of it) due to the focus of the camera, and the focus of your eyes on the 3d object... if that makes any sence.

and... after the 3rd (or, for some people on this forum... 50th... you know who you are) or so time... you dont want to look at what they want you to look at, you want to look at all the cool details in the background  ;D

Nìftxavang Sreu

I found that I was able to see the things in the background, even if they were slightly blurred, it wasn't so blurred that i was unable to see what was happening, but I have to agree that I would not want everything to be perfectly in focus. It would be too easy to get lost from the story line.

archaic

True.
I've seen it 12 times (atm) and I see new stuff each time I watch.
I'm hoping there will be more of this in the sequels too.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.