Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikxeru

Ngaytxoa, I haven't read all older Posts here... (I am too lazy today  :-[)

Quote from: Seze Mune on August 08, 2012, 12:29:19 PM
With reference to the red sentences above, perhaps the situation is more Matrix-like.  Perhaps she is weak because human-like she believes that the condition of the physical body dictates the ability and conditions of the spiritual essence...  Once within Eywa, she has an epiphany, and Neo-like she can re-energize her spiritual essence enough to re-embody her avatar - given the opportunity.

I like the idea and I would second this... But: wouldn't any Avatar-body die within some days without the Avatar driver, who links up regulary?
It is a living organism and hence it needs food and water. Without the driver, who takes care for that?
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Seze Mune

Quote from: Ikxeru on August 08, 2012, 01:12:46 PM
Ngaytxoa, I haven't read all older Posts here... (I am too lazy today  :-[)

Quote from: Seze Mune on August 08, 2012, 12:29:19 PM
With reference to the red sentences above, perhaps the situation is more Matrix-like.  Perhaps she is weak because human-like she believes that the condition of the physical body dictates the ability and conditions of the spiritual essence...  Once within Eywa, she has an epiphany, and Neo-like she can re-energize her spiritual essence enough to re-embody her avatar - given the opportunity.

I like the idea and I would second this... But: wouldn't any Avatar-body die within some days without the Avatar driver, who links up regulary?
It is a living organism and hence it needs food and water. Without the driver, who takes care for that?

The avatars can be left temporarily, as when Jake 'sleeps' within Kelutral, but awakens within his V-link pod in Hell's Gate.  Presumably there are Avatar-sized pods which will allow linkups with nutrition sources, as when avatars are wounded in the field and must be nursed back to a healthy state so that once again linkup can be achieved.  There must have been facilities for this within the AVTR program, and Grace's avatar was perhaps kept viable within a hospital-type pod.  Just a guess.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Avatar Sequels to Shoot with VFX in Real Time:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/08/avatar-sequels-to-shoot-with-vfx-in-real-time

James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment has teamed up with VFX house Weta Digital and entertainment content software developer Autodesk to develop new virtual production technology for Cameron's upcoming Avatar sequels.

"Creating the virtual production pipeline on Avatar was a groundbreaking process that only enabled us to scratch the surface of what is possible," Cameron said in a released statement. "Together with Autodesk and Weta Digital, we have used the knowledge gained from this first experience to clearly define the ideal process and then develop the technology needed to streamline our workflow. With the resulting pipeline, on the Avatar sequels, I will be able to devote more of my energy to the creative side of the moviemaking process, and dig deeper into all that is possible with virtual production."

Essentially, this new tech means an integrated workflow that incorporates digital assets in an interactive environment that allows Cameron and the collaborators to make quicker creative decisions in real time, live on-set. While versions of this technology have been utilized in the past, apparently this process has been further streamlined for more desirable results.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Jim is starting to film Avatar 2 next year, instead of this month. He said he was gonna do it this month
He says that he is not finished with the script to Avatar 2

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/13/avatar-2-not-filming-until-2013

That was a little bad news, too bad he couldn't start this month

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Not exactly about the sequels

But the studio, Lightstorm Entertainment is going green, James Cameron and Jon Landau talks
Monitoring solar panels to produce Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUU8Zxdao

CyanRachel

Irayo, Tsanten, for posting that vid showing JC and Landau talking about the new solar energy they're using for the sequels -- great stuff! And way to go, JC and Lightstorm, for going green for the Avatar sequels!  8)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Jim will start filming Avatar 2 and 3 by the end of 2013. He is currently working on the scripts.
This is great news :)

He told this while he was at the premiere of "The Hobbit"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-james-cameron-shoot-avatar-2-2013-20121129,0,5892502.story

Ricardo

The end of 2013? :o
Well, I don't see "great" news.  :'(

Blue Elf

Quote from: Ricardo on December 03, 2012, 09:22:50 AM
Not good news for us impatient, but good work needs time. So good news is that JC does good preparations first, so we can expect great result.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 03, 2012, 02:14:09 PM
Not good news for us impatient, but good work needs time. So good news is that JC does good preparations first, so we can expect great result.
Indeed. For me is this news a great news. :) :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 03, 2012, 02:43:52 PM
Indeed. For me is this news a great news. :) :D
For me too. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Yeah. Absolutely right. Good work, needs time. You know, Jim started with Avatar in 95'. And didn't got out Avatar till 2009. That's 14 years. But there was reasons, cause 3D didn't existed then.

Ricardo

As long as he passes by his time with watching progressive movies that might inspire him I have no problems.
Just don't want to wait anymore.  ;D
But it'll better end a bit later than too early.

CyanRachel

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on December 03, 2012, 05:12:13 AM
Jim will start filming Avatar 2 and 3 by the end of 2013. He is currently working on the scripts.
This is great news :)

He told this while he was at the premiere of "The Hobbit"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-james-cameron-shoot-avatar-2-2013-20121129,0,5892502.story

Irayo for posting the link to this article!
Yay, this sounds like good news indeed!
I'm perfectly okay with the filming of Avatar 2 & 3 starting at the end of 2013.  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Good or Bad? What you smuk's thinks?

Shooting Avatar 2 in 60fps?
It sounds really awesome, it says it will be like you are watching it live.
http://www.sohood.com/2012/12/movies-james-cameron-eyeing-60fps-avatar-2-film/

James Cameron Eyeing 60fps For 'Avatar 2'

Ean Hufwetulyu

Think it would awesome to see the movie in 60 fps. it  will feel more real than anything.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Niri Te

Well Aron White may thing that faster frame rates are only for the "Young Viewers" of movies, and that the "older movie fans" appreciate. or even like them, but that is nothing but a bunch of "age related stereotypical BULL" !! I invite HER or ANY of the "young movie watchers" for a ride with me in one of my aerobatic aircraft, or on the back of my Super Bike. I will have them PISSING IN THEIR PANTS.  As for frame rates, if he could pull off a HUNDRED and sixty frames a second, that would be FINE with THIS ADRENALINE JUNKIE who is about to start HER SIXTY THIRD orbit of the Sun.
Niri Tawa
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Blue Elf

Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on January 19, 2013, 09:52:04 PM
Think it would awesome to see the movie in 60 fps. it  will feel more real than anything.
Well, hobbit is available both in HFR and normal frame rate. What do you think you can see in cinemas? In the whole Czech Republic there are just TWO (2, mune)cinemas, which were given version in HFR, although many more cinemas are equipped with HFR technology. I'm afraid result will be the same with Avatar 2 & 3.
Don't know why distribution companies do such stupid actions.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Niri Te

Probably because they want to see if the concept is going to take off with the public before they sink tens of millions into it.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Looks like Avatar 2 is gonna soon start being produced :)

Jim Cameron have been funded by Twentieth Century FoX. He have got 400 million U.S dollars, and that's a good start to produce the sequel :D
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-finds-new-400-million-416447

Avatar 2 is expected to release in 2015, at the earliest(according to Jim himself)