Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

EGGcellent!  Thanks for the update!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Eltur tìtxen si! :D :D
Irayo!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ftiafpi

From the 2013 meetup on the east coast we can confirm that JC is getting close to finalizing the script.

We can also confirm that Karyu Pawl will be involved with Avatar 2 and 3. :)

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Blue Elf

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 27, 2013, 11:17:40 PM
From the 2013 meetup on the east coast we can confirm that JC is getting close to finalizing the script.

We can also confirm that Karyu Pawl will be involved with Avatar 2 and 3. :)
Very good! That's what we needed to hear.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

moonbeam

One step closer. Hurzah.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Ftiafpi

Taronyu Leleioae

From the LA Times online today...

By John Horn

August 1, 2013, 11:54 a.m.

James Cameron's "Avatar" project just got even bigger — so large that Cameron is no longer going it alone.

The director and 20th Century Fox announced Thursday that they are now making three, not two, sequels to Cameron's 2009 blockbuster, the highest-grossing movie of all time with global sales of $2.78 billion.

Rather than writing the sequels himself, as was Cameron's original plan, the filmmaker has brought on a team of screenwriters to collaborate on the follow-ups: Josh Friedman ("War of the Worlds"); the team of Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver ("Rise of the Planets of the Apes"); and Shane Salerno ("Savages").

The three sequels will be filmed simultaneously, with production commencing in 2014.

But fans will have to wait a long time to see any of the new editions.

The first sequel is set for December 2016, with the other two films following in December 2017 and December 2018. The movies will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau's Lightstorm Entertainment, with Joe Letteri and Peter Jackson's Weta Digital running visual effects.

"In writing the new films, I've come to realize that 'Avatar's' world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen," Cameron said in a statement. "And to help me continue to expand this universe, I'm pleased to bring aboard Amanda, Rick, Shane and Josh -- all writers I've long admired -­- to join me in completing the films' screenplays."

Added 20th Century Fox Chairman Jim Gianopulos: "We at the studio have no higher priority, and can feel no greater joy, than enabling Jim to continue and expand his vision of the world of 'Avatar.'  The growing breadth and scale of Jim Cameron's plans for his magnificent fantasy worlds continue to amaze us all."

Tìtstewan

December 2016........in two and a half year...
Tìmweypey lu lì'u atsawl...

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 29, 2013, 12:15:17 AM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 28, 2013, 06:18:46 AM
Hell yeah!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Where is the "like" button?
A syaksyuk has stolen it. ;) :P

Vawmataw

Did you see the news I posted earlier? We have the screen writers for the next 3 movies.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Ftiafpi

Also, check out naviteri.org. I wont spoil the Na'vi translation but Dr. Frommer has some (small) good news that's not in the article.

Blue Elf

Another source of news: http://variety.com/2013/film/news/avatar-to-get-three-sequels-foxcameron-hire-screenwriters-1200570515/ (you probably already noticed it, today it was announced in national radio channel here)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

CyanRachel

Irayo to those who posted all this recent news about the sequel films! Can't wait to see how all this develops over the next 3 yrs. 2016 can't come soon enough! And good to know Karyu Pawl will be involved with the sequels too (no surprise there)!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So, when can we expect the first trailer of Avatar 2? I would say in the summer of 2014 we will see something of the next EPIC adventure on Pandora.
And i would say maybe the 2nd trailer in December 2014. If there will be a teaser trailer, that one might be in the summer of 2014 and the official 1st trailer in December 2014.

archaic

Ìì, I suspect fall 2015 for the teaser and spring for the official trailer would be more realistic at the earliest, maybe even a spring 2016 teaser and a summer 2016 official trailer. :-\ :o

If he's hiring writers just now, then filming/performance capture is likely some way off. :'( >:(
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ftiafpi

Now, here's the question. Do we actually watch the trailer or do we just go in blind since we know we're going to see it anyway? I'm really on the fence about that one.

archaic

Let me see, do we watch the first new material from Pandora since 2010?
Or not?
I can't wait, I'll watch the teaser trailer, I'd consider going to a movie just for this trailer, which will be a first for me.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 11, 2013, 01:00:09 PM
Now, here's the question. Do we actually watch the trailer or do we just go in blind since we know we're going to see it anyway? I'm really on the fence about that one.

As much as I'd like to go in blind I lack the self control. Honestly, if it wasn't for the first trailer being beaten into my head because it was the only ad on TESNexus.com for months I probably STILL wouldn't have seen this amazing movie. I expect the ad campaign will be just as big for Avatar 2 so not watching the trailer will practically mean no media until it releases.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE