Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyanRachel

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 11, 2013, 01:00:09 PM
Now, here's the question. Do we actually watch the trailer or do we just go in blind since we know we're going to see it anyway? I'm really on the fence about that one.

Yeah, I'm on the fence about this too. It's going to be tough to resist watching trailers for the sequels, but I think I'm going to try my best to not watch them/avoid them if at all possible. Before I had seen Avatar the first time, I had only seen the teaser trailer once, and maybe one TV ad for the movie -- that was it. So I went into the movie pretty much "blind" for the most part, which was good.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tìtstewan

Eltur tìtxen si! Irayo! :D

Quote"There are going to be many battles, both above and below Pandora. Other solar bodies in the system will be explored too and will have interesting inter-connectivity. Big ideas, epic in scope, hard science, and the future military getting the green light to teach those naughty natives a lesson, only to stumble onto something far more valuable than unobtainium. It's going to be 'big' in all senses of the word, and that's just 2."
- Hello. Something more valuable than Unobtainium ($20 million a kilo)! What physical properties will THAT have? What fantastic environment will that create for us to explore? I love the hard science Cameron puts into his stories too. Of particular note here is the inter-connectivity between worlds! So an extension of Eywa? Something more sinister or a greater defense possibility against humans? A lot of questions. "Big" in quotes? Perhaps larger fauna for humans to deal with...

More when I get it! AVATAR 2 is slated for a December 2016 release.

Now I'm interested what that will be. :) :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsawl Layon

Thats cool, but Cameron said, that there are so many great things to do at Pandora, that there is no need for an expedition to other solar bodies at Alpha-Centauri.
Ref: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15887918/

pack: Pumu- alpha, Train-omega/head of security, Fenrirdarkwolf-member, X_Joshi_X security in training, FoxyCat1108-member/ sniper
Add me on Skype: drago48282 Or Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drago055
Ja, comrade let us leave petty American squabble and return to vodka and sex.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Hmmm.... expanding out might be the only way to top the original 'Avatar'. But to his credit, James Cameron's record of success in unmatched in the movie world.

As far as something being more valuable than Unobtanium, there are others ways something can be valuable besides monetary value.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

archaic

More valuable that Unobtainium, well lets see ..... Eywa, Nantang, the Na'vi, the forest, the plants and animals who live there, the fact that this is the first first contact humanity has made, etc, etc, etc.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ricardo

Or, if they love irony, a copy of Avatar with a worth bigger than 100 kg of Unobtanium.  ;D

Tsawl Layon

There are still so many things to do and to discover at Pandora, I think, you can top the first Avatar and still be on Pandora.
Ref: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15887918/

pack: Pumu- alpha, Train-omega/head of security, Fenrirdarkwolf-member, X_Joshi_X security in training, FoxyCat1108-member/ sniper
Add me on Skype: drago48282 Or Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drago055
Ja, comrade let us leave petty American squabble and return to vodka and sex.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Sigourney Weaver talks about the future of her role as Dr. Grace Augustine in the Avatar sequels

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/avatar-sequels-will-transform-sigourney-weaver.html

Avatar 2, 3, and 4 are in pre-production, and director James Cameron plans to shoot all three at once, so when we caught up with returning cast member Sigourney Weaver two nights ago at a Peggy Siegal Company-hosted event honoring Jerry Bruckheimer and his new book When Lightning Strikes: Four Decades of Filming, we asked if she was ready for the three-film challenge. "It's going to be an adventure!" she said. "It will be awesome. I can't even imagine what I am taking on —  and what James Cameron is taking on — with filming three Avatars at once, but ... Peter Jackson did it with the Hobbit films, so we have that to look to." Though her character didn't survive the first film, Weaver will still appear in all three sequels, even if that appearance might evolve throughout the series. "It will be challenging for me. I can't talk about it, but my part is a little different in each one," she teased. "I'll transform somewhat. We'll have to talk again when I survive this. For now, I'm going to skittle around and enjoy this leisure time."

baritone

When I saw the movie, I thought that when Grace Augustine student, she participated in student riots.
And suddenly I found out that Sigourney Weaver in his youth wanted to join the Maoist party, a little lived in a commune in Israel, and not only played Dian Fossey in "Gorillas in the Mist", but became honorary chairman of Dian Fossey Fund.
It turns out that playing the role of Grace Augustine she actually plays herself. It's amazing, is not it?

archaic

I wasn't sure about starting a new thread, eventually decided to resurrect this instead.

QuoteAvatar 2 Movie Spoilers, Release Date: Sigourney Weaver Alive, Will Play Crucial Role in New Trilogy

James Cameron, the producer and director behind blockbuster movies like 'Titanic' and 'Terminator' revealed that 'Avatar' and 'Avatar 2' revolve around a single plotline and that the former takes place a few years after it first ended.

In a Q&A session with Reddit, Cameron detailed that 'Avatar 2' is up for a trilogy and confirms that Dr. Grace Augustine is still alive and will be present in all three movies, "They're essentially all in pre-production now because we are designing creatures, settings and characters that span all three films. And we should be finished with all three scripts within the next, I would say, six weeks," Cameron added.

He also confirmed that the crew will start filming in New Zealand in December. Cameron said that the next installment will be exploring more of Pandora's oceanic ecosystem.

"I want people to feel that same sense of excitement about that world, you know the fictional Na'vi people and I want them to feel that excitement of discovery of a new world that they're going to see things that they haven't imagined," Cameron told IFC Entertainment, "All that sort of the perk package of the first movie is still going to be there. And the themes will be there and be played out in a way that I think people can accept."

Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Joel David Moore, and Sigourney Weaver will be reprising their roles in the next 'Avatar' film franchise additions. 'Avatar 2' is expected to be released by the end of 2015.
I think they mean 2016!
Found here .....

QuoteAccording to the Hollywood Reporter, the director is hoping to use the high frame-rate system 4K, 3D system with Douglas Trumball's system, which delivers 120 frames per second.

He told the online journal he had talked with Avatar producer Jon Landau about viewing the short film "UTOFOG," which is a showcase for Trumbull's patented process, dubbed MAGI, for capturing and displaying images at 120 frames per second in 4K and 3D on giant screens using conventional digital projectors.
Found here .....

More here .....

Tìtstewan

Quote from: archaic on October 02, 2014, 12:05:43 PM
In a Q&A session with Reddit, Cameron detailed that 'Avatar 2' is up for a trilogy and confirms that Dr. Grace Augustine is still alive and will be present in all three movies, "They're essentially all in pre-production now because we are designing creatures, settings and characters that span all three films. And we should be finished with all three scripts within the next, I would say, six weeks," Cameron added.
This is not really new:
Quote from: Tìtstewan on April 14, 2014, 02:21:57 AM
[...]
EDIT:
Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 13, 2014, 10:18:05 PM
Biggest detail I saw was James Cameron stated he expected to have the scripts for all three films done in about 6 weeks from now.
Quote from: CameronAs of right now, he and I have not discussed it, and I don't see a role as the scripts are coming together that would be appropriate for him, so I would say probably not.

The second, third and fourth films all go into production simultaneously. They're essentially all in preproduction now, because we are designing creatures, settings, and characters that span all three films. And we should be finished with all three scripts within the next, I would say, six weeks.

There's always pressure, whether it's a new film or whether it's a sequel, to entertain and amaze an audience. I've felt that pressure my entire career, so there's nothing new there. The biggest pressure I feel right now is cutting out things I love to get the film down to a length that is affordable. There hasn't been a problem finding new and wonderful things to include in the movie.
Link to that comment, 5 months ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22uz4m/i_am_james_cameron_ama/cgqnd95

EDIT:
As for other news, eltur tìtxen seiyi! :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Blue Elf

Both links are dated by September so they look like new info - in case they do not contain information already revealed.
Seems that 2015 is mistake, but if JC will be fast, nobody will be angry, I think :D

As for 120 fps - I don't think our local cinema has equipment for such technology, so probably for me it is not so important. I think even a few cinemas only in my country can handle it.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

Ma Blue Elf, the first link, and the first part of the text talks about a Q&A on Reddit that was five months ago! The mentioned script should be finished since over 3 months.
There is not only the mistake on the release date, they missed an important text that mentioned that the script should be finished OR that that Reddit Q&A was on April. And exactly this is what I mean.

archaic

And there was little old me, not trying to be controversial!

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Film production of Avatar 2 starts in 2015, and casting calls open for Native Americans too

http://www.examiner.com/article/avatar-2-filming-begins-2015-casting-calls-open-for-native-americans-too

"Avatar 2" is the much anticipated sequel to "Avatar" & filming begins in 2015. The casting call seeks acting talent for supporting roles. This includes Native American actors & actresses. Background extra casting has not yet been determined & will be announced at the official website "Acting Auditions." Filming will take place in the country of New Zealand as well as at Manhattan Beach in California.

"Avatar 2" will begin where the original movie left off. Jake Sully will transfer his conscious mind to his "Na'vi avatar" to start a new life with princess Neytiri.

The producers of "Avatar 2" include James Cameron, Jon Landau & Ray Santini. Cameron is both the screenwriter & film director. Sam Worthington will return as "Jake Sully." Zoe Saldana will return as "Neytiri", Sigourney Weaver as "Dr. Grace Augustine" & Stephen Lang as "Colonel Miles Quaritch."

Cameron will also serve as the screenwriter & film director of the upcoming third sequel. He is producing "Avatar 2" along with Lightstorm Entertainment.

All acting talent including minors & foreign performers must be eligible to work in New Zealand before filming begins. You can visit "Acting Auditions" on how to gain your working permit for that country.

Here is the physical address at Los Angeles for principle actors/actresses to submit headshots to: Margery Simkin / 4000 Warner Blvd. / Building 138 / Suite 1203 / Burbank. California 91522.

Here is the physical address at New Zealand for principle actors/actresses to submit headshots to: Miranda Rivers / The Casting Company / 148A Park Road / Miramar / Wellington, New Zealand 6022.

All acting talent are encouraged "not" to drop off your actor headshots in person. "No drop-offs!"

According to the website of "Acting Auditions." Below is information concerning your actor headshot submissions to casting directors.

"Your 8x10 color headshot, attached resume & cover letter should be mailed inside a clear full-face envelope window."

"Below is an example of the address that acting talent should submit. It needs to be written on the solid side of envelope. Your color headshot face should be seen through the clear window of the envelope."

Project (Avatar 2)

Role of...,(Principle/supporting)

Casting director name

Casting director address

Casting director city, state, zip code

Tìtstewan

Does I understood this correct: they are looking for acting talents for the movie?
:o :o :o
Hmmm....I have no "real" job yet, and I can some Na'vi...släää...I never played in a movie and I haven't that New Zealand work permission... :(

Blue Elf

QuoteJake Sully will transfer his conscious mind to his "Na'vi avatar" to start a new life with princess Neytiri.
I'm wondering where "princess" come from. I remember the same mistake in Czech tests about Avatar movie. How funny.... ;D
Well, trying to be actor  in Avatar 2 is interesting idea, but... I'm afraid hard to bring into life. Meh, seeing finished movie will be enough :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

"princess" probably comes from this very earthly analogy of what the situation is..

"king" Eytukan and "queen" Mo'at have a daughter, therefore called "princess" Neytiri

"princess" Neytiri was to "marry" "prince" Tsu'tey, but Jake kind of comes in and messes that up.

And what not. It's kind of easy to see the analogy, even though it's probably not the case that the political system of the Na'vi is exactly like that of a monarchy on earth.

Vawmataw

Quoteeven though it's probably not the case that the political system of the Na'vi is exactly like that of a monarchy on earth.
I think that it's the best taronyu that gets the position.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu