Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 10, 2014, 05:34:08 PM
the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017, and the third a year later.
Oh man, that gives us two years to prepare, then we're gonna have waves of people coming here over three years!
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Vawmataw on November 10, 2014, 05:40:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation. :)
Kea tìkin. :) I think, that article was only written to generate some more clicks on their page... It's not a good article when they recycle already mentioned and some old stuff, and release it as a "new" article.

Quote from: Kame Ayyo'koti on November 10, 2014, 07:32:28 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 10, 2014, 05:34:08 PM
the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017, and the third a year later.
Oh man, that gives us two years to prepare, then we're gonna have waves of people coming here over three years!
Yeah, we should use that free time, also for "beta testing" new stuff. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

So as we say - nothing new under the sun. All we know for sure is we must wait  :D ;D
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tìtstewan

I have stolen that from the German section. :P :P :P
Quote from: Bakteyo on December 03, 2014, 01:57:32 PM
While Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Fives Armies hogs the New Zealand limelight, a quiet corner of the North Island houses James Cameron as he beavers away on the scripts for his next two Avatar films, currently known as Avatars 2, 3  and 4 but soon no doubt to be furnished with sexier, more descriptive titles. 'Eywa Hard With A Vengeance', that kind of thing.

"I can tell you one thing about them," Cameron laughs when Empire nonchalantly enquires about storylines. "They're gonna be b****'. You will s*** yourself with your mouth wide open."

Despite early rumours of a move to 60 frames per second, 48 is Cameron's choice of frame rate for the sequels. "My thinking at the time was that 60 [FPS] might be a better segue to the video market," he says. "I'll be plugging into a system that's a little more mature, so it makes sense for me to do 48 frames at this point."

The writer/director has divided the two scripts across a writing team that includes Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman and Shane Salerno. "I think we met for seven months and we whiteboarded out every scene in every film together," Cameron explains, "and I didn't assign each writer which film they were going to work on until the last day. I knew if I assigned them their scripts ahead of time, they'd tune out every time we were talking about the other movie," he laughs.

As part of January's Peter Jackson-edited issue, Cameron also chatted about his burgeoning relationship with the Kiwi filmmaking doyen. As it turns out, Jackson and his writing team, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, made a significant contribution to Avatar. "When Neytiri is holding Jake and she's just brought him back to consciousness, the 'I see you' line was suggested by them," remembers Cameron. "It might have been Peter who said that."

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42852

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

CyanRachel

Irayo for posting this bit of news from Empire Magazine. Good to hear JC will be sticking with 48 fps for the HFR for the sequels, as that's what we've seen in the Hobbit trilogy. And that's a cool little bit of trivia re: PJ, Fran and Philippa contributing to Neytiri and Jake's scene in Avatar. Nice!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ricardo

I REALLY hope that those 120 fps get real because 48 fps still look disgusting to me!

Tìtstewan

Well, 48fps is waaay better than 24fps... And 60fps would be even enough, though. :)

Ftiafpi

I actually got a chance to finally see the Hobbit at 48 FPS and, while it was something I really was looking forward too, I actually ended up deciding I didn't like the high framerate.

Without derailing this thread I wont go into details but if there's a topic on this already made someone point me too it as I would be interested in debating this.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 06, 2014, 01:16:01 PM
As part of January's Peter Jackson-edited issue, Cameron also chatted about his burgeoning relationship with the Kiwi filmmaking doyen. As it turns out, Jackson and his writing team, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, made a significant contribution to Avatar. "When Neytiri is holding Jake and she's just brought him back to consciousness, the 'I see you' line was suggested by them," remembers Cameron. "It might have been Peter who said that."

WHAT?!! Really? Wow, that's like one of my favorite lines in the movie (and probably many other people's as well). Nice detail.

Wllìm

NOOOOOOO :'( :'( :'(

Well, it is probably better to delay it, if that means the script will be better. But still... :(

Tìtstewan

MEH :( :( :(
....tam :(

Quote from: Wllìm on January 14, 2015, 10:05:47 AM
Well, it is probably better to delay it, if that means the script will be better.
This.

Wind12

:( :( :( :(

I know it is not good to rush something like the Avatar franchise, but it is still a bit of a gut punch hearing that it has been officially pushed back. I know in the end it will make for a better experience, but I'm still  :(.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Wllìm on January 14, 2015, 10:05:47 AM
NOOOOOOO :'( :'( :'(

Well, it is probably better to delay it, if that means the script will be better. But still... :(

My thoughts exactly.

Oe zene mawey livu...

archaic

Quote from: archaic on March 25, 2010, 01:00:46 PM
I can wait, for another masterpiece I'd happily wait 10 years, but I kinda hope I won't have to.

You can't speed up inspiration and you so can't rush genius.
^This, still.^
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I just heard about this today where it was posted on Jim's official FB page that it will be delayed another year. Then i guess Avatar 3 and Avatar 4 will also be delayed by 1 year. It's sad to hear that. We are now in the beginning of 2015 so almost 3 years of waiting until Avatar 2 is coming. It takes time to make movies, especially a movie like Avatar.

Toruk Makto

This is more than just a bunch of movies. Avatar is Jim Cameron's legacy. It has to be perfect.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 15, 2015, 07:11:08 PM
This is more than just a bunch of movies. Avatar is Jim Cameron's legacy. It has to be perfect.

and according to Cameron, Avatar sequels shill be b**** and we will all s*** ourselves with mouths wide open. I sure hope that the sequels are slightly less that literally that good for having taken a decade to complete the saga. But yeah, I totally second all the posts here. Bummed about YET ANOTHER bump back year, but hey. If it yields better results, all for it. Last thing we need is these sequels to suck as is typical of sequels and be a flop follow-up to the best film in human history.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan on January 14, 2015, 10:03:45 AM
... is not what you'd like...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30817048
That's no news, that's bad news. :( But coin has two sides, and second ones has some positives, I think:
- there's change new movies will be better. I have feeling that first part of multipart movies/books/whatever is often the best of the series. But I prefer Avatar 2,3.... to be even better than first movie. So delay can help in this, James wants to be perfect - and we want it too.
- we can be thrilled for a longer time while waiting
So, if it made you sad, drink your favorite drink - you'll feel better :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

CyanRachel

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 15, 2015, 07:11:08 PM

^Yep, this.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)