Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamlight

It means that Trudy Chacon will not be resurrected or otherwise making an appearance at least in Avatar 2, which seems to make sense to me.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

archaic

The crash may have been survivable. If you assume prompt medical attention, plus 140 years of medical advances. She might have been in med bay for weeks, but still survived.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Dreamlight

Possibly (okay, plausibly), but I kind of imagined her dying like the heroine that she was.

archaic

Confession:

She survived in all my Avatar based fanfics. Partly because without her, who's gonna fly the tiltrotors?

BlueHusky2154

This reminds me of a piece of fanart I saw on DA a few days ago. It was Trudy lying wounded, but alive, in the bushes. And there was text that read "Sorry Jake" in Papyrus font. Maybe the artist knows something about the sequels...
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

archaic

Or maybe they read my fanfic? Maybe they are just a Michelle Rodriguez fan.

Anywho, link?

BlueHusky2154

I unfortunately saw some hopefully fake spoilers while surfing the web. I will not post them here. They made me want to curl up in the corner and cry.  :'(
But things are looking good for the franchise. With the Toruk show and Avatar Land coming in 2017, it's looking great.
Didn't JC say about the sequels:

Warning: Language
My life summarized.

Dreamlight

Yeah, all of the spoilers and trailers I've seen so far are seemingly fake or obviously parodies.  If the (real) sequels are half as good as the first one, they'll be worth seeing.  Multiple times.

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: Dreamlight on November 29, 2015, 02:26:24 PM
Yeah, all of the spoilers and trailers I've seen so far are seemingly fake or obviously parodies.  If the (real) sequels are half as good as the first one, they'll be worth seeing.  Multiple times.
Yeah. Usually the movies that take a while to make tend to be better.
My life summarized.

Blue Elf

I hope in this too, but twice better would be fair. Too often second/third/whatever parts are far from first one. That's what I'm still afraid of....
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Dreamlight

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 03, 2015, 12:32:18 PM
I hope in this too, but twice better would be fair. Too often second/third/whatever parts are far from first one. That's what I'm still afraid of....

Yeah, the sophomore curse.  The second installment of any series tends to be the worst--buuut, we can hope that Avatar will defeat this.  ;D

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Dreamlight on December 04, 2015, 03:19:31 PM

Yeah, the sophomore curse.  The second installment of any series tends to be the worst--buuut, we can hope that Avatar will defeat this.  ;D

I hope so. It's Cameron, he cannot simply make it worse. :)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Toliman

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on December 04, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: Dreamlight on December 04, 2015, 03:19:31 PM

I hope so. It's Cameron, he cannot simply make it worse. :)

Yes, I hope too  :) He cannot ...

Dreamlight

Yes, it must be as awesome as the first.  Any less would be an outrage.   Yes, we're counting on you, Cameron.   8)

Kemaweyan

Avatar 2: Director James Cameron shares latest production update and talks about high expectations from the film

Director James Cameron is leaving no stone unturned in making sure his Avatar sequels match up to the high standards set by the first movie. The director has been hard at work developing the scripts for three Avatar sequels with screenwriters Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Shane Salerno. All three scripts were expected to be completed in the first half of 2015, but in a recent interview Cameron stated that they still need polishing.

"I'm in the process of doing another pass through all three scripts right now," Cameron told Entertainment Weekly. "Just refining. That's in parallel with the design process. The design process is very mature at this point. We've been designing for about a year and a half. All the characters, settings and creatures are all pretty much [set]."

Talking about living up to the ridiculously high box office and audience expectations from the sequels, Cameron said, "Obviously, expectations are going to be very high on these films, especially on Avatar 2, to make sure it wasn't just some big fluke the first time," Cameron admitted. "So we've got to deliver. I've created a nice rod for my own back, so they say."

Back in June, a report from Variety had revealed just how much work Cameron has to do in order to complete Avatar 2. "It's a room ... which is covered floor to ceiling with images, characters, worlds, settings," said 20th Century Fox chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos. "It's the most amazing, breathtaking thing you've ever seen. His challenge is to put all of that in a movie."

Avatar 2 is expected to release in December 2017.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/avatar-2-director-james-cameron-shares-latest-production-update-talks-about-high-expectations-1533019
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Thanks for update ma Kemaweyan.

I see that Cameron will finish polishing soon and finally start filming the next Avatar movies. :D

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Toliman

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on December 12, 2015, 12:24:15 PM
I see that Cameron will finish polishing soon and finally start filming the next Avatar movies. :D

Yeah, finally ...  :D

archaic

Irayo ma Kemaweyan, thank you for sharing this.

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on December 12, 2015, 12:24:15 PM
And ,at the moment, I'm most afraid of StarWars because they can beat Avatar as most profitable film and i hope it will not happend.
Force Awakens just might beat Avatar as most profitable film ever, but then Avatar 2 might beat Force Awakens too.

Dreamlight

And so the pendulum swings, Avatar, and then Star Wars, and back--but Avatar 4 will have the final word and if the trend goes this way then it will be the biggest film in the history of history itself!  Muahuahahahahahaha!  Um, yeah, it'll be good, right?   :D

Toliman

Quote from: Dreamlight on December 12, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
And so the pendulum swings, Avatar, and then Star Wars, and back--but Avatar 4 will have the final word and if the trend goes this way then it will be the biggest film in the history of history itself!  Muahuahahahahahaha!  Um, yeah, it'll be good, right?   :D
;D
I agree, it will be good  :)