Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Message to Endgame .....
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Toliman

Toliman

archaic

Cool, thanks for sharing.

:D  8)

Toliman

Kea tìkin :)

It's nice, Avatar back on top

archaic

Toliman

Although I didn't too care which film actually is the highest-grossing film (because Avatar is the best movie for me, independently on this 8) ), it's nice that it's back on top :)

archaic

How much I like Avatar didn't change, when Endgame too top spot.

Also, I am not a member of any MCU forums/fan sites.

Toliman

Toliman

archaic

So, basically, what Brynne Ramella is saying, is that Avatar1 was a lousy movie because it looked good, and that Avatar2 risks being another lousy movie, because Cameron will make it look good too?

Also, "It's only Dances with Wolves / Pocahontas in space" was old and thread bare in 2011, ten years later it hasn't got any fresher or more original. I still stand by the point I made in 2010, that Dances with Wolves, Fern Gully and all those countless other movies Avatar is supposedly the same as, are also the same as each other, and bottom line, since Pocahontas is actually based on a true story, the whole lot (including Dances with Wolves) are basically the same as Pocahontas. Big deal, Hollywood re-tells and re-imagines stuff the whole time.
If Brynne Ramella wants to belittle Avatar, that's up to her, but can she please either find something new to say on the subject, or just not bother.

Avatar is not perfect, there are things wrong with it, but the same is true of every single movie I've ever seen. And no, Avatar isn't Inseption, if you want a movie like Inseption, go watch Inseption. Oh, and FYI, Inseption is only a live action Paprika.

Edit:- Gender reassignment, Brynne is female.

Toliman

Oare

Quote from: archaic on March 23, 2021, 04:50:06 PM
Oh, and FYI, Inseption is only a live action Paprika.

YES! I've been waiting for someone to say this lol. Literally still shots and scenes of the film are exact replicas of still shots and scenes of the anime.

But anyway. That article made me roll my eyes lol. I guess I'll just never understand the hate Avatar gets. If you don't like it, fine, you don't have to. But saying that the story has already been done before is the most tired excuse in existence. This is Hollywood we're talking about. They remake and retell EVERYTHING. Almost every movie that comes out is based off of something else.

Like what you like. Don't like what you don't. Why waste your time writing a whole article belittling a movie and bashing its sequels that aren't even here yet? I don't get it.

Toliman

Toliman

Oare

Quote from: Toliman on March 30, 2021, 10:05:48 AM
Avatar 2's Villain Arc Is Already Avoiding Star Wars' Palpatine Problem
https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-quaritch-villain-star-wars-palpatine-mistake-avoid/

I might be a major minority with this feeling... but am I the only one that has no interest in seeing Quaritch in the rest of the movies? And I have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing his character become a good guy/hero or whatever arc they are trying to give him.
Like any other Avatar fan, I'm sooo freakin excited for the sequels. But ever since I found out that Quaritch is the villain for all the movies that "has a lot of growth" as Lang put it, my apprehension has moved to the forefront  :/

trdrpxplds

Why does the name Quaritch sound so much like Quidditch?

Toliman

Quidditch ;D

Quote from: Oare on March 31, 2021, 11:39:58 PM
Quote from: Toliman on March 30, 2021, 10:05:48 AM
Avatar 2's Villain Arc Is Already Avoiding Star Wars' Palpatine Problem
https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-quaritch-villain-star-wars-palpatine-mistake-avoid/
I might be a major minority with this feeling... but am I the only one that has no interest in seeing Quaritch in the rest of the movies? And I have absolutely ZERO interest in seeing his character become a good guy/hero or whatever arc they are trying to give him.
Like any other Avatar fan, I'm sooo freakin excited for the sequels. But ever since I found out that Quaritch is the villain for all the movies that "has a lot of growth" as Lang put it, my apprehension has moved to the forefront  :/
Yeah, I understand... anyway I am curious how Quaritch will be in rest of the movies and then I will see

archaic

So, I'd probably best stay out of that discussion.