<< < (143/146) > >>

archaic:
@Gabriel Ponniah .....

--- Quote ---"In 2009, Avatar rocketed its way to all manner of box office records, including becoming the highest-grossing film of all time — Cameron's second film to achieve that milestone. But over a decade since its release, Avatar has been reevaluated in some circles as an effects-driven, largely forgettable blockbuster, unable to engender the emotional connection Cameron achieved with moviegoers seeing Titanic."
--- End quote ---
Except that .....
"'Avatar' retakes box office crown from 'Avengers: Endgame' after China rerelease."
Oh, and plus we're still here.

--- Quote ---"The sci-fi epic plots an environmentalist narrative akin to Dances with Wolves, and was criticized for playing into "white savior" tropes"
--- End quote ---
Except that, and I have said this before, Dances with Wolves, and most (if not all) the other movies Avatar had been accused of ripping off, all basically plagiarized Pocahontas.

I am massively looking forward to Avatar2, and I have high hopes for Avatar3, 4, and 5. But using this as an excuse to repost other people's tired old criticism is just plain lame, IMHO.

edit:- spelling

Toliman:

--- Quote from: archaic on August 18, 2021, 01:48:38 pm [email protected] Ponniah .....

--- Quote ---"In 2009, Avatar rocketed its way to all manner of box office records, including becoming the highest-grossing film of all time — Cameron's second film to achieve that milestone. But over a decade since its release, Avatar has been reevaluated in some circles as an effects-driven, largely forgettable blockbuster, unable to engender the emotional connection Cameron achieved with moviegoers seeing Titanic."
--- End quote ---
Except that .....
"'Avatar' retakes box office crown from 'Avengers: Endgame' after China rerelease."
Oh, and plus we're still here.

--- Quote ---"The sci-fi epic plots an environmentalist narrative akin to Dances with Wolves, and was criticized for playing into "white savior" tropes"
--- End quote ---
Except that, and I have said this before, Dances with Wolves, and most (if not all) the other movies Avatar had been accused of ripping of, all basically plagiarized Pocahontas.

I am massively looking forward to Avatar2, and I have high hopes for Avatar3, 4, and 5. But using this as an excuse to repost other people's tired old criticism is just plain lame, IMHO.

--- End quote ---

Srane, oe mllte!

Toliman:
Avatar 2 Set Photos Highlight LOTR's New Zealand Mistake
https://screenrant.com/avatar-2-new-zealand-filming-lord-rings-mistake-shade/

archaic:
Wow! Irayo for sharing.

Toliman:
Kea tìkin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page