Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 27, 2011, 05:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human No More

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 03, 2012, 11:45:31 AM
Cha-ching!

Well, everyone wins. Cameron gets to go out with a bang (he's stated that this will be his last major motion picture series). Fox gets a couple hundred metric tons of money. And us fans get 4 films to fawn over.
Once you've made the best film ever, not much left to do.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

came out today on NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/movies/avatar-director-james-cameron-builds-in-new-zealand.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

'Avatar' Director James Cameron Builds in New Zealand:

James Cameron has bought a house on land around Lake Pounui on New Zealand's North Island.

THERE is no Pandora. But Pounui Ridge, roughly 20 miles from this Wairarapa Valley wine town, comes close.

There is the 3-D Imax-scale view for instance. Toward the south is the open Pacific, stretching 2,000 miles, straight to Antarctica. The choppy waters of Cook Strait lie to the west, with the jagged mountains of New Zealand's South Island rising in snowcapped splendor in the distance.

Pandora, James Cameron's mythical "Avatar" planet, overflows with odd wildlife, and so does Pounui. Consider the eels. After living in a freshwater lake here, they slither to the sea and spawn near the faraway island of Tonga. In a life cycle rooted in Miocene times, their elvers — leaf-shaped offspring — ride the currents back to Lake Pounui.

And when the next eels arrive, oddly enough, they may spot Mr. Cameron. "I'm anxious to throw on a scuba tank and get down there," he said by phone the other day.

This year, shortly before his solo trip to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, Mr. Cameron, the filmmaker-adventurer, spent an estimated $16 million to buy 2,500 acres of farmland around Lake Pounui (pronounced po-NEW-ee). Now he expects to absorb its magic while creating some of his own in a pair of sequels that will build on the story of Pandora and on an ecological mythos that helped make "Avatar," released by 20th Century Fox in 2009, the biggest-selling film of all time.

In a country that is now strongly identified in the world's imagination with Peter Jackson and his "Lord of the Rings" films, Mr. Cameron arrives with the promise of not just an outsider's eye but also a new national brand and a next wave of employment for hundreds of New Zealanders who are expected to work on "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3." (News media reports of "Avatar 4" are premature, although Mr. Cameron hasn't ruled it out.)

CyanRachel

Irayo for posting this news about JC and New Zealand -- very interesting!
Sounds like he got himself a beautiful new home there.

Now, on to the sequels...  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

ToktorGrace

When Jon Landau was visiting us at AvatarMeet someone asked about Avatar 4 and he said it was a rumor. Maybe they want to but havent secured it for 100% yet, but according to the PRODUCER of the movie, it isn't going to exist.

Just a heads up for you all.
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So, Jim is heading to New Zealand with his family

it is also said that Weaver is also heading to NZ to shoot the three sequels

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13069414-where-are-those-promised-avatar-sequels?lite

How many sequels?
At least two, but probably three. The original plan was for a trilogy, but Cameron told the Times he hasn't ruled out the possibility of "Avatar 4," and star Sigourney Weaver told Showbiz 411 she's heading to New Zealand to shoot three sequels.

I first didn't noticed that she will be in all the three sequels, that is new for me :)

Swoka Ikran

I was just about to post that exact article. I ran across it while reading the news over my lunch hour today, and got blocked by the office web filter trying to post it (LN was classified as "Message Boards/Forums", which is well...accurate).

Anyway, I'm still wondering about Avatar 4...producer says 2 sequels, Sigourney says 3, JC hasn't said either way. Guess the only way to find out for certain is to wait. :(
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on August 01, 2012, 05:26:08 PM
I was just about to post that exact article. I ran across it while reading the news over my lunch hour today, and got blocked by the office web filter trying to post it (LN was classified as "Message Boards/Forums", which is well...accurate).

Anyway, I'm still wondering about Avatar 4...producer says 2 sequels, Sigourney says 3, JC hasn't said either way. Guess the only way to find out for certain is to wait. :(

Maybe we will hear something, little after JC has starting to film the sequels. He starting next month to film
It would be outstanding if he will film a fourth Avatar :)

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on August 01, 2012, 05:53:46 PM
It would be outstanding if he will film a fourth Avatar :)

Word from Jon Landau says that's just a rumor.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

'Onatxan te Skxawng Tìrey'itan

I would love to have 4 movies, cuz that just means more movies... duh. but at the same time, i'm kinda hoping there isn't a 4th, cuz then it would be cool to say that one of my favorite movie series is the avatar trilogy. basically, i wanna be able to call it a trilogy, and put that up there with other 3-movie series that i've enjoyed (ie star wars, back to the future, and amazing spiderman... when the next 2 come out).

it's a cheesy reason, but hey. :D

also:
Quote from: the articlePandora, James Cameron's mythical "Avatar" planet, overflows with odd wildlife...
Pandora isn't a planet. it's a moon  ;D get your facts right, nbc. GOD! ;)
Nga txo ke flä nìsngä'i, rä'ä kivä Eywa'evengne! ;)

'Oma Tirea

Your hope might be true.  Look at my other post above yours.  I heard that at the Meetup in Seattle :)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Taronyu Leleioae

I think it's a distinct possibility too (Avatar 4) and I think that JC/JL have already planned for that possibility?

Movie studios sign contracts with investment bankers to help fund the films.  They want to see results and paybacks on the investment.  So by leaving #4 a rumor, no one commits to anything.  Thus reducing expectations and disappointments if the income generated by 2 and 3 does not meet expectations.  Avatar 2 & 3 are under signed contract, thus funding for startup, facilities, union fees, etc are all covered.  With the production costs of Avatar (1) being approximately $300M USD, and that movie studios have many projects (not all successful) going at the same time, there is the business and financial management side to this production commitment.  We all know it will be a great success.  But it is still a business to earn the movie studios (and investors) money.  [Sounds a bit like the RDA, doesn't it?]  Keep in mind that they initially spent $100M USD to develop the technology used in Avatar (1) and weren't even sure it was going to be a success at that point!

Possible good news...  Is that I read somewhere that the contract for the new filming facility was 5 years.  (Correct me if I'm wrong...)  So JC has time to factor in Avatar 4 if it comes to fruition.

Possible other news...  Is that a number of articles are popping up this week saying that Avatar 2 may not be out until 2015!   :'(
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/avatar-2-won-t-be-released-until-at-least-2015

However here's hopeful news.  That in another interview, JC has mentioned that there "probably" will be Avatar 4. 
http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13069414-where-are-those-promised-avatar-sequels?lite
So...  Nothing promised.  But I think Avatar 4 has a fair chance of being made.

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

i was just thinking - Grace is dead, keyfak?

so even if she appears in the second one in flashbacks, how many flashbacks can JC really get out of it? we saw everything important that grace said/did in AVTR 1. what will sigourney weaver do in three sequels?

...unless one of the films is a prequel.....or unless Jake gets in more direct, visual contact with Eywa and Grace is used as her embodiment/mouthpiece...i dont really see Grace as an Eywa, though  ;D
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

Taronyu Leleioae

Quotei was just thinking - Grace is dead, keyfak?...     ...unless one of the films is a prequel.....or unless Jake gets in more direct, visual contact with Eywa and Grace is used as her embodiment/mouthpiece...i dont really see Grace as an Eywa though

Srane!  Well... sort of.

I don't think the following is really a spoiler as it's just speculation.  But reader beware...  And this isn't news.  Again, just speculation.  Maybe there should be a thread for this???  Anyway...

If we accept that Mo'at was speaking absolute fact that "All that she is" would be transferred to Grace's avatar via Eywa, then we can reasonably accept the possibility that Grace is completely within Eywa.  Now, her human body has passed although there is no mention in film or original script of any burial ceremony. 

I certainly do NOT want to see Grace return as a zombie Na'vi and just stagger into camp...     :o

A question that has never been answered, is with regard to what happens to an avatar when it is not occupied.  It's a living "body" that can be killed.  (IE Norm)  During the development from the flight out from 'Rrta, it's in the growth tank and is plugged in, stimulated by simulation programs.  Thus there has to be a mechanism for feeding and regulating the body.  But we have a mystery as to what happens during unoccupied states.  For the short term, it could survive.  But for long term, it needs care.  (Water, sanitation, etc.)  It's a great unanswered mystery for an organic life form.  When Jake transfers to his avatar body after the destruction of Kelutral, he just "wakes" up and walks off.  Um...  It's been probably 24 to 36 hours.

So... just for pondering..., I would wonder where Grace's avatar is now and how is it cared for?  Was it taken back to Hell's Gate after the battle for Max to look after?  I could see a whole bunch of creative plot sequences, none of which are probably remotely close to what JC will surprise us with.  But it does lead to wondering and speculation for the next 3 years!  Maybe Grace will call out and ask for her avatar to be brought back to ayVitrayä Ramunong?   :-\

It's only my opinion, but I can't see Grace as an Eywa either.  Eywa is the image of calm, balance, and patience.  Everything Grace isn't!  So the possibility even exists that Eywa might "arrange" to finish the process of Grace's transference to her avatar just to get some peace?  (I have this image of Grace's spirit saying... "Pelun?"  "Pelun?"  "Pelun?"   to Eywa from inside...)    ;D

What I do believe, is that if Grace has any role to play, and we know she does, then Grace (inside Eywa) is in an ideal place to understand Pandora and be able to use her scientific knowledge and curiosity to explore the "network".  Go anywhere.  Even to the deep.  Granted understanding Pandora in a spiritual form vs a physical one is full of options and certainly should be its own topic.  But JC clearly has many directions he could explore should he chose to.  Maybe she'll call out to Jake / Neytiri to alert them?  Or maybe Jake / Neytiri will call into Eywa asking for her?  All sorts of creative plot lines are possible! 

/of speculation...   :D

Blue Elf

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on August 05, 2012, 05:31:16 PM
So... just for pondering..., I would wonder where Grace's avatar is now and how is it cared for?  Was it taken back to Hell's Gate after the battle for Max to look after?  I could see a whole bunch of creative plot sequences, none of which are probably remotely close to what JC will surprise us with.  But it does lead to wondering and speculation for the next 3 years!  Maybe Grace will call out and ask for her avatar to be brought back to ayVitrayä Ramunong?   :-\
This! That problem didn't allow me to sleep for  some time. Still wondering if Grace can be transferred back from Eywa to her avatar.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Seze Mune

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 06, 2012, 02:25:27 AM
Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on August 05, 2012, 05:31:16 PM
This! That problem didn't allow me to sleep for  some time. Still wondering if Grace can be transferred back from Eywa to her avatar.

I think you guys are on to something.  Before the advent of avatars there wouldn't be any way to d/l someone back from Eywa into a body - they were all already occupied!  In the original avatar, apparently her 'signal' (for lack of a better term) was too weak to make the transfer.  They would have to find some way to boost that signal strength to effect the transfer, imho.  How they could do that without making a hole in the plotline, I'm not sure.

Taronyu Leleioae

QuoteIn the original avatar, apparently her 'signal' (for lack of a better term) was too weak to make the transfer.  They would have to find some way to boost that signal strength to effect the transfer, imho.

I've thought quite a bit about this and I don't believe so.  I think there is another part to such a direct transfer.  What I find interesting is that Mo'at believed (as if fact) that such a transfer could be done.  Perhaps again her faith.  But how could this have been previously accomplished?  I think Mo'at's words are the key.  "She must pass through the eye of Eywa, and return."  And remember in the film that Neytiri immediately looked up with a certain concern but understanding with her expression.  (My interpretation admittedly.)

Now I agree that Mo'at said that Grace was very weak.  And then that "there wasn't enough time".  But was Mo'at referring to a physical weakness IE damage to Grace's physical body as we are perhaps incorrectly assuming?  Or was Mo'at actually referring to Grace's spirit?  Thus I think there is a part of this transfer that we aren't "seeing", meaning understanding...

Here is that scene from the original registered script before it was edited.  As a bonus, you'll discover a bit more to the scene.  I wish they'd left it in the film...

SCRIPT SCENE
TIME CUT -- AVATAR JAKE carries Grace's HUMAN BODY, lightly in his arms like a child. Jake walks through the crowd to the dais, followed by NORM, who carries GRACE'S AVATAR.

JAKE
Look where we are, Grace.
Her eyes flutter open. She looks up wonderingly at the Mother Tree.

GRACE
(with a wan smile)
I need to take some samples.

Mo'at directs them to lay both bodies among the roots on the altar-rock.

Mo'at touches Jake's shoulder and he steps back.

MO'AT
(QUIETLY)
The Great Mother may choose to save all that she is --

Mo'at's hand indicates Grace's AVATAR --

MO'AT
-- in this body.

CU JAKE, realizing the enormity of what she's saying.

JAKE
Is that possible?

MO'AT
Possible, yes. She must pass through the Eye of Eywa -- and return. But Jakesully -- she is very weak.

Jake kneels next to Grace, taking her tiny human hand in his avatar hand.

JAKE
Hang on, they're gonna fix you up.

Grace is barely conscious.    She grips his hand.

GRACE
I -- always held back. But you gave them your heart. I'm proud of you, Jake.

Jake feels his throat close with emotion.

Grace's eyes blaze with intensity though her voice is faint.

GRACE
Help them.     You do whatever it takes. You hear me?

JAKE
I will.

/SCRIPT SCENE

Now, I'm going to focus on Mo'at's "Possible, yes" answer.

So is it Eywa who determines to allow "the return"?  I think there's an additional factor to this.  I think... that the spirit entering Eywa HAS TO BE DETERMINED to return.  It's just a theory.  But Jake was successful.  Why?  Because he was driven with a pure spirit to transfer himself into his Avatar.  Thus his spiritual determination to "return".  He wanted to be Omatikaya and with Neytiri.  Not within Eywa.

Grace, in my opinion, did not.  She was amazed that "She's real" (referring to being in direct contact with Eywa) in the film.  Thus I have to wonder if Grace's nature in wanting to explore that connection and experience Eywa, somehow blocked/altered/prevented/determined the outcome that Grace's spirit did not "return", thus not transferred into Grace's avatar body.

So...

I'm not thinking that her "signal strength" needs to be boosted to effect a transfer to her avatar body at a later time.  I think it could simply be a combination of the transfer process (meaning the combined spiritual power of the Omatikaya clan with Eywa's blessing) with Grace's spiritual determination to transfer into her Avatar.  Thus, I maintain that I think the plot option exists where Grace could somehow contact Jake, Neytiri or even Mo'at to perform the transfer ritual.  This is still dependent, of course, on her avatar body being maintained by the avatar link system (to keep the avatar body active), and her avatar body "maintained" (water, nutrition, skin circulation, stimulation, sanitation, etc.) while in storage.

Again, I want to also re-point to Mo'at's "Possible, yes" reply.  How would she know this if a transfer from one body to another hasn't been done?  Or has it in legend?  There may be another combination to this.  That a Na'vi (perhaps a Tsahìk) has somehow connected with Eywa and managed to transfer their spirit into Eywa, and returned a short period later.  Sci-Fi far-fetched perhaps.  But it's still worth considering...

Seze Mune

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on August 06, 2012, 10:18:23 AM
QuoteIn the original avatar, apparently her 'signal' (for lack of a better term) was too weak to make the transfer.  They would have to find some way to boost that signal strength to effect the transfer, imho.

I've thought quite a bit about this and I don't believe so.  I think there is another part to such a direct transfer.  What I find interesting is that Mo'at believed (as if fact) that such a transfer could be done.  Perhaps again her faith.  But how could this have been previously accomplished?  I think Mo'at's words are the key.  "She must pass through the eye of Eywa, and return."  And remember in the film that Neytiri immediately looked up with a certain concern but understanding with her expression.  (My interpretation admittedly.)

Now I agree that Mo'at said that Grace was very weak.  And then that "there wasn't enough time".  But was Mo'at referring to a physical weakness IE damage to Grace's physical body as we are perhaps incorrectly assuming?  Or was Mo'at actually referring to Grace's spirit?  Thus I think there is a part of this transfer that we aren't "seeing", meaning understanding...

Here is that scene from the original registered script before it was edited.  As a bonus, you'll discover a bit more to the scene.  I wish they'd left it in the film...

SCRIPT SCENE
TIME CUT -- AVATAR JAKE carries Grace's HUMAN BODY, lightly in his arms like a child. Jake walks through the crowd to the dais, followed by NORM, who carries GRACE'S AVATAR.

JAKE
Look where we are, Grace.
Her eyes flutter open. She looks up wonderingly at the Mother Tree.

GRACE
(with a wan smile)
I need to take some samples.

Mo'at directs them to lay both bodies among the roots on the altar-rock.

Mo'at touches Jake's shoulder and he steps back.

MO'AT
(QUIETLY)
The Great Mother may choose to save all that she is --

Mo'at's hand indicates Grace's AVATAR --

MO'AT
-- in this body.

CU JAKE, realizing the enormity of what she's saying.

JAKE
Is that possible?

MO'AT
Possible, yes. She must pass through the Eye of Eywa -- and return. But Jakesully -- she is very weak.

Jake kneels next to Grace, taking her tiny human hand in his avatar hand.

JAKE
Hang on, they're gonna fix you up.

Grace is barely conscious.    She grips his hand.

GRACE
I -- always held back. But you gave them your heart. I'm proud of you, Jake.

Jake feels his throat close with emotion.

Grace's eyes blaze with intensity though her voice is faint.

GRACE
Help them.     You do whatever it takes. You hear me?

JAKE
I will.

/SCRIPT SCENE

Now, I'm going to focus on Mo'at's "Possible, yes" answer.

So is it Eywa who determines to allow "the return"?  I think there's an additional factor to this.  I think... that the spirit entering Eywa HAS TO BE DETERMINED to return.  It's just a theory.  But Jake was successful.  Why?  Because he was driven with a pure spirit to transfer himself into his Avatar.  Thus his spiritual determination to "return".  He wanted to be Omatikaya and with Neytiri.  Not within Eywa.

Grace, in my opinion, did not.  She was amazed that "She's real" (referring to being in direct contact with Eywa) in the film.  Thus I have to wonder if Grace's nature in wanting to explore that connection and experience Eywa, somehow blocked/altered/prevented/determined the outcome that Grace's spirit did not "return", thus not transferred into Grace's avatar body.

So...

I'm not thinking that her "signal strength" needs to be boosted to effect a transfer to her avatar body at a later time.  I think it could simply be a combination of the transfer process (meaning the combined spiritual power of the Omatikaya clan with Eywa's blessing) with Grace's spiritual determination to transfer into her Avatar.  Thus, I maintain that I think the plot option exists where Grace could somehow contact Jake, Neytiri or even Mo'at to perform the transfer ritual.  This is still dependent, of course, on her avatar body being maintained by the avatar link system (to keep the avatar body active), and her avatar body "maintained" (water, nutrition, skin circulation, stimulation, sanitation, etc.) while in storage.

Again, I want to also re-point to Mo'at's "Possible, yes" reply.  How would she know this if a transfer from one body to another hasn't been done?  Or has it in legend?  There may be another combination to this.  That a Na'vi (perhaps a Tsahìk) has somehow connected with Eywa and managed to transfer their spirit into Eywa, and returned a short period later.  Sci-Fi far-fetched perhaps.  But it's still worth considering...

Very nice post, ma 'eylan.  And I really like the script snip. 

Here's what I think may be possible, and it's a bit of a take off on your ideas.  Grace held herself back.  She did not truly believe, and therefore could not effectively cooperate with Eywa to effect a transfer she did not believe was possible without ketuwong technology.  After experiencing Eywa first-hand ("she's real, Jake!") there is a change in her energy and the blockage that kept her from passing through Eywa's eye no longer exists.  She is primed for a return.

Of course, that creates interesting questions.  It was previously postulated in another thread that personalized energy was uploaded to Eywa similarly to a computer program and that the 'real' mutable personality behind it did NOT transfer.  This is not my perception.  When Neytiri says "They live, Jake, in Eywa", she is not talking about a looping program. (Was this an ad lib by Zoe?  I don't see it in the script.)

Of course, as you say, Mo'at's words are open to some interpretation.  What was weak about Grace?  Surely NOT her spirit!  It must have been her physical body.  But why would the poor condition of her physical body keep her from returning to her avatar  body?  Because IF that's the case, it creates multiple questions about her potential transfer to an avatar body from a spiritual state within Eywa.

Taronyu Leleioae

QuoteWhen Neytiri says "They live, Jake, in Eywa", she is not talking about a looping program. (Was this an ad lib by Zoe?  I don't see it in the script.)
The original script was clearly edited (cleaned up) for language, scenes, etc.  At the time of the script, the technology to create the film didn't exist.  If you read the script, you see minor wording changes here and there compared to the film.  And you can see where some parts of the film (trying to create the dream hunt sequence) simply didn't work out and they dropped it to shorten and tighten up the film.  What I haven't come across, is a revised / production script which would show that line added in.  However does it really matter as the film becomes canon?

I think you make a great point about Grace's doubt in Eywa being real, then her realization.  This actually adds to my thought of Grace's curiosity and wanting to connect with Eywa playing a role in the failed transfer.  Again, a determination of the spirit.

As to the strength of Grace's spirit, I still wonder if it was weakened by her physical condition.  We don't know what Mo'at was really referring to for certain.  Physical weakness is what we would expect.  But I have to wonder about Grace's spiritual strength at that moment.  Had Grace "given up" hope for survival?  She certainly wasn't expecting good results while Trudy transported the link module under the Samson.  No answers...  Just questions...

I look forward with great curiosity to see how Grace makes a reappearance in some form.  Again, probably via a path that we have not even considered...   ;)

Seze Mune

Of course this brings up the question of spiritual strength as though it's quantifiable in some way.  There are lots of ways to play with that thought.

But instead I went towards spiritual valence.  If the valence is correct, then one can pass through the Eye of Eywa, and into something appropriate.  What mitigates valence?  I think perhaps it is a synergy of one's beliefs with one's emotions.  If both are coherent in a particular way, then the transfer can happen.

Just my speculation.  Of course, it's wide open to anyone's best guess.   ;)

Seze Mune

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on August 06, 2012, 07:09:00 PM
QuoteWhen Neytiri says "They live, Jake, in Eywa", she is not talking about a looping program. (Was this an ad lib by Zoe?  I don't see it in the script.)
The original script was clearly edited (cleaned up) for language, scenes, etc.  At the time of the script, the technology to create the film didn't exist.  If you read the script, you see minor wording changes here and there compared to the film.  And you can see where some parts of the film (trying to create the dream hunt sequence) simply didn't work out and they dropped it to shorten and tighten up the film.  What I haven't come across, is a revised / production script which would show that line added in.  However does it really matter as the film becomes canon?

I think you make a great point about Grace's doubt in Eywa being real, then her realization.  This actually adds to my thought of Grace's curiosity and wanting to connect with Eywa playing a role in the failed transfer.  Again, a determination of the spirit.

As to the strength of Grace's spirit, I still wonder if it was weakened by her physical condition.  We don't know what Mo'at was really referring to for certain.  Physical weakness is what we would expect.  But I have to wonder about Grace's spiritual strength at that moment.  Had Grace "given up" hope for survival?  She certainly wasn't expecting good results while Trudy transported the link module under the Samson.  No answers...  Just questions...

I look forward with great curiosity to see how Grace makes a reappearance in some form.  Again, probably via a path that we have not even considered...   ;)

With reference to the red sentences above, perhaps the situation is more Matrix-like.  Perhaps she is weak because human-like she believes that the condition of the physical body dictates the ability and conditions of the spiritual essence...  Once within Eywa, she has an epiphany, and Neo-like she can re-energize her spiritual essence enough to re-embody her avatar - given the opportunity.