Avatar 2 Will take 3 years to produce.

Started by neosis666, March 07, 2010, 06:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roiki

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on April 16, 2010, 07:14:30 PM
Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on April 16, 2010, 02:23:29 PM
Quote from: Roiki on April 13, 2010, 08:09:32 PM
It certainly would be a pretty snappy pace to do a complete major movie in just 4 years since they don't even have a script. I say that's completely bogus but you can always hope right?.

George Lucas wrote Star Wars II in a few months and then started filming. Of course, since Ep. II wasn't the best, i would call that more of an example of what COULD happen if Cameron rushes the project.

While that is true, the most remembered Star Wars quote will still come from that movie

"No, Luke.  I am your father."

I think he meant Attack of the Clones(Empire Strikes Back was film no.5 and Lucas didn't direct it) which was quite a low-blow to the franchise(i even liked Revenge of the Sith better). Maybe it was caused by the quick pace that it was written, who knows.

And i don't think we have to fear that Cameron butchers the sequel because he wants it out fast, he waited 14 years for the technology to develop so he could shoot the first one, i think he can wait till he comes up with enough material that carries it's own weight.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Roiki on April 16, 2010, 08:56:52 PM
Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on April 16, 2010, 07:14:30 PM
Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on April 16, 2010, 02:23:29 PM
Quote from: Roiki on April 13, 2010, 08:09:32 PM
It certainly would be a pretty snappy pace to do a complete major movie in just 4 years since they don't even have a script. I say that's completely bogus but you can always hope right?.

George Lucas wrote Star Wars II in a few months and then started filming. Of course, since Ep. II wasn't the best, i would call that more of an example of what COULD happen if Cameron rushes the project.

While that is true, the most remembered Star Wars quote will still come from that movie

"No, Luke.  I am your father."

I think he meant Attack of the Clones(Empire Strikes Back was film no.5 and Lucas didn't direct it) which was quite a low-blow to the franchise(i even liked Revenge of the Sith better). Maybe it was caused by the quick pace that it was written, who knows.

And i don't think we have to fear that Cameron butchers the sequel because he wants it out fast, he waited 14 years for the technology to develop so he could shoot the first one, i think he can wait till he comes up with enough material that carries it's own weight.

I subconsciously list them chronologically, so that's my mistake.

I think we all can agree that we don't want Cameron to rush Avatar 2, but we don't want him to take too much time either.

I'll wait a max of 5 years.  He should, for sure, have it in theaters by then.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Rain

"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Nifty

:-\ I honestly don't think it'll take him that long. He spent about 10 years waiting for the technology needed to make the film or was it 8 years. (forgot). But the actual production and filming only took around 3 years, including making all the models, CGI, etc.

For the second movie he's most likely going to use some of the old models used for the first one. So I reckon it'll be in 3 years wether he's rushing or not.

Although he might wait for newer technology once again and so be  prepared for a long wait
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

Eltusiyu

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEmaSorvW8d6pq

Tewti! Avatar 2 can be in cinemas 2012 :D
Cameron said that he needs about 1,5-2 years to make Avatar 2 :)
Probably  in this year the date of premiere will be announced :)

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

bommel

He sould take the time he needs to make a worthy sequel, that's my opinion.

Rain

Take your time, Cameron, take your time. Truly loyal fans can wait.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Txantslusam Skxawng

Cameron is really getting busy, doing Titanic again in 3D, making the second part of Avatar, is it confirmed that it official isn't Avatar 2.... I have read alot about it, but I'm still not sure and I still say Avatar 2 when I talk about it to my Non-Avatar-Related-Friends :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Eana Tanhì

that is a cool name for the ordinary people who aren't cool as we are  :D - NARF  ^^

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

bommel

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on June 15, 2010, 08:56:57 AM
that is a cool name for the ordinary people who aren't cool as we are  :D - NARF  ^^
Agreed! No NERDS but NARFS ^^

Ftiafpi

Well, as CCH Pounder said in an interview I read recently, "James will find some reason to make it take longer." :)

He's like Valve, delay upon delay but, if anything, it just makes the final product all the sweeter.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 15, 2010, 09:25:16 AM
Well, as CCH Pounder said in an interview I read recently, "James will find some reason to make it take longer." :)

He's like Valve, delay upon delay but, if anything, it just makes the final product all the sweeter.

Wow, we almost set another record for the longest necropost  ;D ;D
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Txantslusam Skxawng

Almost all my friends are NARF, maybe two or three did like, but I'm the only one who is learning the language and all, ofcourse learning the language is your own choice, but they are not a fan of the movie.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on June 15, 2010, 12:17:54 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on June 15, 2010, 09:25:16 AM

Wow, we almost set another record for the longest necropost  ;D ;D
Well, this was a valid necropost.

Txura Rolyu

I dream big and hope to get noticed as a singer for the film. "Plz pick me!"  ;D

I really loved all of the music in there and having a singer who knows the language and has good talent might be an interesting draw...
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

'Oma Tirea

It's in Txanslusam Skxawng's sig, too.  A nifty invention.

Quote from: Txopu on June 15, 2010, 03:10:27 PM
I dream big and hope to get noticed as a singer for the film. "Plz pick me!"  ;D

I really loved all of the music in there and having a singer who knows the language and has good talent might be an interesting draw...

...and hopefully not Leona Lewis again with "I See You" unless it is remixed and features Na'vi lyrics ;)
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: lapo lesxkxawng on June 16, 2010, 01:08:28 AM
...and hopefully not Leona Lewis again with "I See You" unless it is remixed and features Na'vi lyrics ;)

Ok, As I Lay Dying will do a mix and scream it.  ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Quote from: 007 Toruk Makto on June 16, 2010, 09:20:55 PM

I don't think so....

LearnNavi Forums:

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on June 17, 2010, 11:07:36 AM
Quote from: 007 Toruk Makto on June 16, 2010, 09:20:55 PM

I don't think so....

that will not end well, i can see it now...

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

I think just getting Leona to do it in Na'vi would be enough for me.

LearnNavi Forums: