In the following editions of Avatar...

Started by Swok Txon, January 05, 2010, 12:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swok Txon

I just came back from watching Avatar for the second time i realized i understood ALOT of the language they were speaking and also i got a very sore right eye because it was in 3-D and the right lens made it blurry...

Well anyhow that's a bit off topic.

I told my friend who saw the movie with me that James Cameron said that it be part of a trilogy and my friend was like "I reckon it will end like this.."

This is basically his idea

In the third installment of avatar, they Na'vi go to earth and give them some kind of seed (like the home tree or something) and give it to the people on Earth who then plant it and wait for earth to rebuild itself. He got this idea because when Jake Sully says to Eywa in the tree of ancestors (or whatever) that the Sky People have detroyed their planet and lost its greenery. So he concluded that maybe the Na'vi give the greenery back.

Just his theory which i thought was quite intriguing...

Thanks

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Lots of ideas in the "avatar sequels" thread. Lots of fun tidbits, I'd bet you'd enjoy.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txontaw

I dunno about that. It seems like everyone who stayed wanted nothing more to do with Terran, so I don't think we will be dealing with them much more.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Tanhì Tireafya'o

I really like it that way. I hope James goes through this forums and reads this. Than you've been part of creating someone's fantasy and also income.

Well, I can't wait to see it. Too bad it won't be there 'till a few years.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Txontaw

Well, since they have all the equipment and everything already set up, it will take way less time than it did for the first. So expect the next in only around mune years.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Sezе

It would be better if James was not hurry with Avatar 2.

Like he said: A man who can wait, making a masterpieces. :)
Наша Родина планета Земля, а не маленькие клочки земли под разноцветными тряпками.

Zalorticus

I'm not sure if that seed would work on earth though, seeing as it was on a planet with a whole 'nother atmosphere.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Quote from: Zalorticus on January 14, 2010, 05:35:08 AM
I'm not sure if that seed would work on earth though, seeing as it was on a planet with a whole 'nother atmosphere.
Well, it's also a whole other time than now. With all the commotion about global warming and CO2 gas, it's possible that in 140 years, the environment on earth is about the same as it is on Pandora. Except for the forests. I mean, they had to make those masks somehow to be able to breath, but it would be weird if they just come over to pandora.. "Crap, we can't breathe, quick invent a mask to let us breathe." So there must've been a big history behind it. ;)

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Swok Txon on January 05, 2010, 12:45:45 AM
I just came back from watching Avatar for the second time i realized i understood ALOT of the language they were speaking and also i got a very sore right eye because it was in 3-D and the right lens made it blurry...

Well anyhow that's a bit off topic.

I told my friend who saw the movie with me that James Cameron said that it be part of a trilogy and my friend was like "I reckon it will end like this.."

This is basically his idea

In the third installment of avatar, they Na'vi go to earth and give them some kind of seed (like the home tree or something) and give it to the people on Earth who then plant it and wait for earth to rebuild itself. He got this idea because when Jake Sully says to Eywa in the tree of ancestors (or whatever) that the Sky People have detroyed their planet and lost its greenery. So he concluded that maybe the Na'vi give the greenery back.

Just his theory which i thought was quite intriguing...

Thanks

I think that would make avatar to much of a fairy tale, I don't think Cameron would do that to his most successful movie.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txur’Itan

I think that ideas about a sequel are fun.

I would love to work on a script with James, I think he could have fun with a different narrative for each of the sequels, to give some added dimension to the films.

Like having a Neytiri or Mo'at centric perspective for Avatar two.
私は太った男だ。

Unila kelkuyu si

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 14, 2010, 10:27:36 AM
Well, it's also a whole other time than now. With all the commotion about global warming and CO2 gas, it's possible that in 140 years, the environment on earth is about the same as it is on Pandora. Except for the forests. I mean, they had to make those masks somehow to be able to breath, but it would be weird if they just come over to pandora.. "Crap, we can't breathe, quick invent a mask to let us breathe." So there must've been a big history behind it. ;)

Considering the diverse atmospheres even inside our solar system, it is likely that they would have just assumed that the atmosphere would be toxic and made the masks.  The masks aren't spesific to pandora's atmoshere however (disregarding pressure etc) they just create a earth like atmosphere, aka oxygen, etc.

Txura Tirea

Quote from: Unila kelkuyu si on January 14, 2010, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 14, 2010, 10:27:36 AM

Considering the diverse atmospheres even inside our solar system, it is likely that they would have just assumed that the atmosphere would be toxic and made the masks.  The masks aren't spesific to pandora's atmoshere however (disregarding pressure etc) they just create a earth like atmosphere, aka oxygen, etc.

From the Activists Guide:
QuoteDeveloped from civilian rebreather technology, the exopack is a lightweight atmosphere filtration system that allows humans to survive on Pandora with minimum equipment. Pandora's atmosphere would be easily breathable - if it wasn't contaminated by a pungent mixture of carbon dioxide, xenon, and hydrogen sulfide. The additional gases cause a variety of unpleasant reactions, including choking and burning of mucous membranes, followed by unconsciousness within twenty seconds and death within four minutes.
Nevertheless, the partial pressure of oxygen in the Pandoran atmosphere is similar to that of Earth's atmosphere. In order to breathe, it is only necessary to filter out the toxic components.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Unila kelkuyu si

Ohhh...sorry i dont have the survival guide yet...  :-[

Why then is there a sound when the mask is activated as though compressed gas is being release?

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Unila kelkuyu si on January 14, 2010, 03:33:38 PM
Ohhh...sorry i dont have the survival guide yet...  :-[

Why then is there a sound when the mask is activated as though compressed gas is being release?

It could be the toxins being thrown back out into the atmosphere.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Seze

There may actually be a small air tank in the unit, whose sole function is to purge the lines and mask of the toxins.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Motxokxen

sounds like a good ending but i doubt that will be it

shiaru

Quote from: Seze on January 14, 2010, 06:11:28 PM
There may actually be a small air tank in the unit, whose sole function is to purge the lines and mask of the toxins.

That or a vacuum forming for a split second as the air is purged and oxygen is pumped in? I guess.. My major is biology not engineering so that's my idea and it might not be a good one...
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Atan´eko

The exopack actually contains a small filter which, you guessed it, filters out the toxins.

Full article http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Exopack
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

Rain

Quote from: Niv Caudate on January 14, 2010, 05:09:51 AM
It would be better if James was not hurry with Avatar 2.

Like he said: A man who can wait, making a masterpieces. :)

Nihawng ngay, ma tsmukan (Fu tsmuke? Oel ke omumti txo nga lu poan fu poe, tsapxalute s<eng>i Oe!)

***Feel free to correct my grammar!***
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Swok Txon