In the following editions of Avatar...

Started by Swok Txon, January 05, 2010, 12:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Étienne

I'd imagine it would end more like this,

Earth is destroyed so they go war of the worlds style and attack Pandora and Tom Cruise Na'vi fights back then at the end of the movie the humans open the suits and they all die because they can't breathe. Wait...that would make a good prequel.

Txura Tirea

Oh well, at least the Na'vi willl have more than 10 years time to prepare for a human assault on Pandora because of the time it would take for the distress call from the humans leaving Pandora to reach Earth plus the travel time to Pandora.  ;)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Swok Txon

That is very true

i wonder if the trilogy will end up like LOTR

1 - Storyline with 1 epic battle

2 - Less storyline, a few twists  HUGE battle

3 - More storyline, more twists, multiple epic battles, awesome new features, heartfelt and sad but happy at the same time ending

that would be perfect :-)

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Well, that would be interesting. James Cameron said he wanted Avatar to become like the Star Wars Trilogy during an interview when the movie first came out.

Rain

Quote from: Eywal ngaru teing oeti on January 20, 2010, 01:26:50 PM
Well, that would be interesting. James Cameron said he wanted Avatar to become like the Star Wars Trilogy during an interview when the movie first came out.

The Star Wars of our generation...wow
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tsteututan

Quote from: Rain on January 20, 2010, 01:48:07 PM

Just imagine, what will watch our children :) Where was technology for example 20 years ago? Our children will say: "You watched just 3D? It had to be boring..." :)
Krrpe ole tayerkup, oe neu ne Pandora.

Swok Txon

LOL!

omg there has to be a point in the clarity of TV that it SURELY cannot progress?

oh well

if it does become the star wars...well that's kind of bad news for me

i want it to be more unique!

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

Well. He wanted it to be a trilogy like Star Wars, but that's all. He said it will be unique in it's own way. The first movie is already more unique than Star Wars, maybe even so for Lord of the Rings. So, can you imagine how it will be when the second movie comes out, even the the third one.

They've already came out with a 3D tv. So, our children's time they would have a halograph tv.

TorukMakto!

I think that Avataris bigger then Star Wars or at least will be bigger.
Star Wars considered to be a trilogy? hmm thought there are 6 movies or more (can't remember all of them right now).

Swok Txon

Yeah there were 6 movies but they were release as trilogy's with like a 20 year gap in the middle

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

The first Star Wars Trilogy was Episode 4, 5, and 6. The second trilogy is Episodes 1, 2, and 3.

Swok Txon

Tsteu Tsmukan

I've been a LOTR and Star Wars fan for a long time but the minute I watched Avatar, I turned Avatar fanatic right after the movie and that's just watching one movie from the "to-be trilogy". So I wouldn't really mind Cameron make as much Avatar movies as possible as long as he keeps it in it's awesome level like the first movie and not end up destroying it like how Lucas destroyed Episode 1 2 and 3.

Tsamsiyu uniltìranyu

Quote from: Tsteututan on January 20, 2010, 02:37:10 PM

Just imagine, what will watch our children :) Where was technology for example 20 years ago? Our children will say: "You watched just 3D? It had to be boring..." :)

lol you are taking this to a whole new level like jake ;)
I'll give you the wings to fly high, will you pull me along whilst you flying high?

ShadowedSin

Tolkien took 12 years to write LOTR.

Cameron took 15 to design Pandora. I have a feeling he has already written a good chunk of the story and is condensing it down into the appropriate scripts.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Rain

I agree with ShadowedSin. With a trilogy in the works, it's possible that Mr Cameron may decide to include the things he was forced to leave out of the movie. There is so much I would love to see, like daily Na'vi life, building a new Kelutrel, maybe even Neytiri finding a new Ikran. Wasn't it just the Ikran who bonded with one rider only, therefore being possible for a Na'vi to bond with more than one Ikran? After all, Jake was able to ride Toruk and then return to his old ikran.

I'm not so sure though that Jake should return to Earth. I guess I just have this thing against "you screwed up so we'll fix everything for you just so you can do it again"  :P

One thing's for sure, I just went and saw Avatar a second time and I understood about 40% more than I had originally gotten with my first viewing. Therefore I really hope that more dialogue in the second movie is in Na'vi.

I'm still upset that Grace died, though  :(
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Tsteu Tsmukan

Quote from: ShadowedSin on February 01, 2010, 02:17:17 PM
Tolkien took 12 years to write LOTR.

Cameron took 15 to design Pandora. I have a feeling he has already written a good chunk of the story and is condensing it down into the appropriate scripts.

I believe so too. Cameron and Frommer created the whole Na'vi language from scratch, same thing how Tolkien created the Elvish language. I do believe there'd be more to pack into future Avatar movies and such since Cameron spent over 10 years writing up the story.