New language in Avatar 2?

Started by Txura Tirea, January 25, 2010, 07:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Muzer on July 24, 2010, 03:18:20 PM
The global Tsaheylu network would probably help to keep language from deviating too much, though there will still probably be the odd bit of regional slang (wou being a prime example)
I remember Kewnya Txamew'itan thought precisely this, and I do too, although a little more loosely.  I imagine the Na'vi have various dialects and slang/idioms per clan, but only the one language we know.  Plus, it's not like we need some more leNa'vitsyìp languages to overwork Frommer ::)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Toruk Makto

Paul said in his OCH talk that dialects may be possible, but no new languages were planned at this point. Of course Cameron may decide tomorrow that he wants one...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

wm.annis

I offer my services if Karyu Pawl has his plate full with Na'vi...

;D

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Markì on November 08, 2010, 06:05:48 PM
Paul said in his OCH talk that dialects may be possible, but no new languages were planned at this point. Of course Cameron may decide tomorrow that he wants one...

I sure hope Cameron decides against a new language altogether.  Honestly, I would love the prospect of dialects.  I mean, it tends to be a pain when learning the language, but knowing them is always a good thing. ;)

Quote from: wm.annis on November 08, 2010, 06:09:01 PM

;D

I'm sure you'd make quite the candidate, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did need another language, he'd consult Frommer for a dependable person to hire for that job.  Of course, he knows a few of us here... ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Toruk Makto

Paul might well recommend Wm if it came to that. I know Wm blows my socks off at this stuff and I don't even know enough about linguistics to be entitled to an opinion to begin with. :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on November 08, 2010, 06:20:48 PM
Quote from: wm.annis on November 08, 2010, 06:09:01 PM

;D

I'm sure you'd make quite the candidate, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did need another language, he'd consult Frommer for a dependable person to hire for that job.  Of course, he knows a few of us here... ;)

Hmm... nìNa'vitsyìp... ::)

I wonder how related it would be to the original Na'vi, similar to how (say) Romance or Germanic languages are related....

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Peynay

Quote from: Txura Tirea on January 25, 2010, 07:53:46 AM
This idea just struck me and I would love to hear your opinions about it.

Nooo!
i even can't the basic language

jakesullyjr

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on April 27, 2010, 12:51:28 PM
yeah, but it might seem really strange to hear Na'vi in a different accent, dialect would be worse though, as words could mean different things entirely when used informally. It would be almost as bad as those damn tones in Mandarin!
Next you'll be telling me you don't understand when I say
ídar îdar īdar y ìdar spraq idá spráq de īda.

this idea has got my interests peaked.