Started by Ean Hufwetulyu, June 03, 2010, 06:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gender will Jake and Neytiri's be?

girl ('ite)
boy ('itan)
girl and boy ('ite ulte 'itan)

Dreamlight

Quote from: Tifnu Fipo on November 20, 2010, 09:42:45 AM
Jake IS the savior of the Na'vi so they will most likely honor the child.

The child will likely need to live up to expectations as such.  That's a heavy burden for a child to bear.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Tifnu Fipo on November 20, 2010, 09:42:45 AM
My honest guess in this matter pertaining to a Child of Neytiri and Jake:
The child will be born in some way we obviously dont know yet...Although I doubt it will start as a "seed."
However, the child will be born, have five fingers as Jakes DNA will most likely be the dominant gene choice.
Could be a boy or a girl. IMHO it will be a boy.

I believe that part of the New Movie will wrap around the Child and the years it grows.
The childs place among the Na'vi, I doubt the child will be shunned because its the spawn of Jake.
Jake IS the savior of the Na'vi so they will most likely honor the child.
Jake and Neytiri will teach the child, raise him/her to be a warrior.

things like this would make the Sequel so very interesting and new.
New life, new purpose, new customs and culture as to how children are born, raised and brought up in the Na'vi culture.
How exciting would it be to learn completely new material on the Na'vi culture! Set in Stone by the Sequel!
Not to mention the third Movie! I believe they will give us a taste of the Na'vi way of life more so than we saw in the first film.

Im getting carried away, sorry lol.
Thoughts?

If I was going to place bets, I'd say your idea seems closest to what would be the winning idea. Cameron is less concerned with developing integral plot, more about showing us the world, and a relatable "coming of age" story is always a good one. I would love to see it be a girl though...
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

A Boy or a Girl would be great!

The thing is, Avatar 2 wont come out for another 4 years!!! (Dec. 2014)
They are going to start Filming in late 2011 (Next year)

I hope they give us little tid bits of info as the filming goes on!

-=Back to the Topic=-
We should start a poll on whether it should be a boy or a girl, and discuss why you think so.
In ways that the child will have an effect of the plot and the movie.
I can think of numerous ways either Girl or Boy would be a good choice lol.

NotW#82

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Tifnu Fipo on November 20, 2010, 08:46:57 PM

-=Back to the Topic=-
We should start a poll on whether it should be a boy or a girl, and discuss why you think so.
In ways that the child will have an effect of the plot and the movie.
I can think of numerous ways either Girl or Boy would be a good choice lol.

Either of course will be good -I just see a lot more male lead characters in coming of age stories than female leads - would be nice to see something different is all :)

Yeah - that might be a good thread... Im not sure if it'd be too similar to this one or not.
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

lo!! I just had an Idea....
What if they had twins! A girl and a boy?!

Although that might be to excessive.
lol Oh ya, I ordered mt Extended Special Edition this morning.
Wont be in until Monday  :-\

Moving on..

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

lol smuk i agree it that cameron going to show more of our homeland and the different na'vi tribes. Plus i think i would go with a them havin girl myself.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Aytanin

Hey guys, with the whole Jake and Neytiri child thing. i would love it if they had a kid in the next movie. Personally, i want it to be a girl. there's not enough  girl heroes in movies now-a-days.   ;)

Actually i've come up with a story  for Avatar 2, where Jake and Neytiri's daughter falls in love with a human boy. lol, it's a long story. but i actually love my idea.  ;D

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Aytanin on December 29, 2010, 12:03:05 PM
Hey guys, with the whole Jake and Neytiri child thing. i would love it if they had a kid in the next movie. Personally, i want it to be a girl. there's not enough  girl heroes in movies now-a-days.   ;)

Actually i've come up with a story  for Avatar 2, where Jake and Neytiri's daughter falls in love with a human boy. lol, it's a long story. but i actually love my idea.  ;D

*Gasps!!*

Tell me the story rutxe!!!!!
*Sits down grabs popcorn and listens  :)*

NotW#82

Aytanin

Quote from: Na'vin on December 29, 2010, 12:25:38 PM

*Gasps!!*

Tell me the story rutxe!!!!!
*Sits down grabs popcorn and listens  :)*

Relax. i haven't exactly sat down and had time to write it yet.  but it's about Jake and Neytiri's daughter, who wants to be called Kayla but Anyway she falls in love with the Humans and wants to be one. come to find out that there's a base of humans there researching  Na'vi behavior and stuff. (not like the last movie where they were at war with the Na'vi, these people are actually interested in them) and they set up Avatar's for the Na'vi. Human Avatars. so the Na'vi get to feel what it's like to be human. so. Kayla, curoius as she is, wants to try out this Avatar thing. Her mother (of course) says no. but her dad says it's her decision.  that's kinda how far i got in the plot.

Ean Hufwetulyu

awsome smuk that would be epic turnaround

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Syaron

Quote from: Dreamlight on June 08, 2010, 07:51:30 PM
That's an interesting thought.  According to the wiki they are not placental mammals, but that doesn't rule in marsupialism, necessarily.

I thought I saw the non-placental Na'v' had belly buttons. Why? I am very sure I saw one on each Jake and Grace's avatars. Could we assume the non-placental na'vi genes are only viable with earth creatures if they ARE placental because we are? Also, unless she is like a platypus which feeds milk to its young then why does Neytiri have breasts? So does Grace's avatar and Jakes' has nipples. Maybe they ARE marsupial in the way kangaroos are with tiny unfinished fetuses that crawl out of the birth canal to live in a pouch until fully formed. Maybe her breasts are "pouches"? It is a very effective way of reproducing since the young can be ejected if the mother needs to flee. But then as the na'vi were leaving the destroyed Hometree, there were some clutching infants to their breasts much like humans do.

Syaron
Shara

Syaron

Oh please tell us more!!! (My wonderful darling border collie is named Kayla so the name is great!)
Shara

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: Syaron on January 05, 2011, 01:45:25 PM
That's an interesting thought.  According to the wiki they are not placental mammals, but that doesn't rule in marsupialism, necessarily.

I thought I saw the non-placental Na'v' had belly buttons. Why? I am very sure I saw one on each Jake and Grace's avatars. Could we assume the non-placental na'vi genes are only viable with earth creatures if they ARE placental because we are? Also, unless she is like a platypus which feeds milk to its young then why does Neytiri have breasts? So does Grace's avatar and Jakes' has nipples. Maybe they ARE marsupial in the way kangaroos are with tiny unfinished fetuses that crawl out of the birth canal to live in a pouch until fully formed. Maybe her breasts are "pouches"? It is a very effective way of reproducing since the young can be ejected if the mother needs to flee. But then as the na'vi were leaving the destroyed Hometree, there were some clutching infants to their breasts much like humans do.

Syaron

explain more please

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Syaron on January 05, 2011, 01:45:25 PM

Syaron

To make matters worse, in the original script Neytiri is supposed to be obviously pregnant at the end of the movie... that coupled with the presence of both belly buttons and nipples on the pure Na'vi, I feel like JC should just rescind his decision regarding the "they're not placental mammals" thing...  ::)

archaic

If it helps, there's a thread discussing the question here. :-[
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: archaic on January 06, 2011, 07:22:50 PM
If it helps, there's a thread discussing the question here. :-[

Lol yep.. Ive contributed to that one too  ;D

Amaya

And don't forget there are animals which have live birth and "pregnancy" without being placental, or even mammals, such as perch, or some species of sharks like dogfish, some species of snakes...

>.> yeah I know, I'm just a font of information today, hope I'm not bugging anybody :-*

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Amaya on January 06, 2011, 07:50:26 PM
And don't forget there are animals which have live birth and "pregnancy" without being placental, or even mammals, such as perch, or some species of sharks like dogfish, some species of snakes...

>.> yeah I know, I'm just a font of information today, hope I'm not bugging anybody :-*

Haha yeah you mentioned the sharks on that thread yes? *yay for uber-nerdiness*

Amaya

*grins* well I've caught both those types of...well, I suppose you could say "water-dwellers" and as a child, wiht a child's curiosity, "encouraged" the shiner perch to give birth.  Yes I know, perhaps not the best thing to do but children do these things when they are young and scientifically curious.  As for the dogfish, although you cannot eat them, there is almost no way to get a hook out of their mouths safely when fishing from a small boat, so in a couple of cases of "bycatch" (we were fishing for rockfish and lingcod) we were forced to kill the dogfish we caught instead, and although we didn't eat the flesh we did "autopsy" them and save the skin to use as sandpaper, and one of those was pregnant, unfortunately not far enough along to save the babies, but...

In any case, back to the actual topic, I wonder if Neytiri would end up having twins?  Or if the Na'vi even have such a thing as twinning...