Neytiri and Jake's child

Started by Ean Hufwetulyu, June 03, 2010, 06:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gender will Jake and Neytiri's be?

girl ('ite)
boy ('itan)
girl and boy ('ite ulte 'itan)

archaic

It's a rain forest, there's plenty of water around, but what is and isn't drinkable IDK.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: archaic on January 14, 2011, 03:33:09 AM
It's a rain forest, there's plenty of water around, but what is and isn't drinkable IDK.

Lol well if the Avatar body is unconscious... they're going to die from dehydration because they can't obtain water for themselves... thats all I'm saying. (This is in the case that the Avatar driver decides to leave and the Avatar never wakes up again)
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I thought we were talking about Jake and Neytiris child?

A cute blue little bundle of blue stripes and stuff....

NotW#82

ExLibrisMortis

In terms of the original question, it'll be a girl. Why? Cause Cameron is all about strong female characters.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 16, 2011, 02:44:40 PM
In terms of the original question, it'll be a girl. Why? Cause Cameron is all about strong female characters.

To be honest, I think to solve the issue between boy/girl children in Avatar..
They will have BOTH boy and girl.
tsmukan sì tsmuke!

I think having two children would provide for many chances of adventure to add to the movie. Rather than just one.

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Na'vin on January 16, 2011, 02:52:04 PM
Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 16, 2011, 02:44:40 PM

To be honest, I think to solve the issue between boy/girl children in Avatar..
They will have BOTH boy and girl.
tsmukan sì tsmuke!

I think having two children would provide for many chances of adventure to add to the movie. Rather than just one.

Hm, that's an interesting possible theory! I shall meditate on this eventuality ;D

Txura Rolyu

I heard somewhere that it is not normal to have twins in the Na'vi culture. If Jakes human DNA brought that into the genepool that would be cool and make sense. It would be hard to figure out about who would lead the tribe after Jake and Neytiri no longer can. I mean they wouldnt just pair the up and coming Olo'eyktan and Tsa'hik who would be brother sister. There might be a rift in who follows the spiritual leader and who follows the clan leader if they werent a mated pair.

So with that all out I think that there will be one child. possibly a girl because watching Neytiri run around in the forest was a lot of fun for the male audience  ;).

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Human No More

Twins are 'not normal' for humans either. Any species with internal fertilisation which usually has a single child at once has the potential to have twins or more, it is just very rare. The birth rate for twins was 32.7 per 1000 births in 2007 although in humans that is significantly increased by IVF and certain fertility treatments, which can significantly increase the chance. The Na'vi would have a lower rate, in addition to a lower overall population meaning fewer births so correspondingly fewer twins, but they would not be unheard of.
PS. The incidence of twins is determined by the mother (chance of two or more eggs being released and implanting, or one splitting into two distinct embryos for identical twins), not the father (who releases millions of sperm but only one manages to reach each egg).
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

ToktorGrace

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

first of all, ma Tìvawm'ia, that is freaking adorable :D

second, everyone has brought up some very interesting points. as in, how *do* the Na'vi reproduce? it is very plausible that they do not actually have a uterus and 'get pregnant'. it's an interesting thing to ponder.

I definitely wonder what human traits Jake and Neytiri's child would have as well.

ma Txura, oel mllte; I don't think two children at once would be possible- however, that makes me wonder on how it worked when Sylwanin was still alive- was Neytiri chosen as the next Tsahìk before her death? and how would they choose?

interesting things to ponder, ma tsmuk. ;)
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

nawma skxawng

Neytiri was first born, hence the whole tsahik thing

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Allow me to provide some known facts.
In the Avatar GAME (PC, PS3 etc) there was information on all species including the Na'vi.

Because the game was made in the image of the Movie, everything in the game is relevant.
They provided information in the game about the Na'vi, pertaining to selecting a mate and reproduction.

However they did not go into detail about reproduction, it was stated that "The mechanics of reproduction are similar to humans and other Earth mammals."

Connecting the queue together with their mate provides a level of intimacy that is unknown to terrans (us) however connecting their queues does not lead to reproduction.
Connecting the queue creates an emotional bond that lasts a lifetime. It's highly erotic and profoundly spiritual.

That is all the information that we know. Hopefully they can/will elaborate more in the upcoming sequels!

NotW#82

the Na'vi, I believe, most likely have the same... ahem.... 'set-up' that we humans do, considering the loincloths. ;)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Na'vin on March 01, 2011, 09:24:30 AM
Allow me to provide some known facts.
In the Avatar GAME (PC, PS3 etc) there was information on all species including the Na'vi.

Because the game was made in the image of the Movie, everything in the game is relevant.
They provided information in the game about the Na'vi, pertaining to selecting a mate and reproduction.

However they did not go into detail about reproduction, it was stated that "The mechanics of reproduction are similar to humans and other Earth mammals."

Connecting the queue together with their mate provides a level of intimacy that is unknown to terrans (us) however connecting their queues does not lead to reproduction.
Connecting the queue creates an emotional bond that lasts a lifetime. It's highly erotic and profoundly spiritual.

That is all the information that we know. Hopefully they can/will elaborate more in the upcoming sequels!

oh no no no.  don't ever, EVER, trust the game to give you reliable facts, even the pandorapedia.  However, that exact passage is found in the Avatar Wiki which means its probably true ;).  Supposedly, in an interview with james cameron he said that they were "hung like donkeys" (if you haven't seen a donkey wang then go outside get some fresh air and find yourself and donkey and wait ;)) I also agree that they also have loinclothes to make sure that that is not seen.  if they had nothing to hide, they wouldn't wear those loinclothes.  However, there are several scenes where the loin clothe is... out of place, and nothing is shown which always begs the question, do they have anything?  I would like to think they have the stuff, but until he answeres why he didn't put it in the movie (obviously to keep it PG-13) but until it comes from his mouth, then i won't believe it.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

they would not put something in the game that wasnt true.
Everything in the game, the "pandorapedia," has help true in the movie.
So why would the mating/sex facts be the only thing wrong?

I personally like the idea of the Na'vi being relative to our system of mating.
However they have a wing up on us with the queue connection. (Something I wish we had)

Yes, in the movie you dont see the "parts" for that very reason...PG-13...thats a good thing. seeing "it" wouldnt be relavent to the movie.
If you hadnt noticed, the Na'vi females (Pardon my medical field terms) posses mammarys just as Earth females.
I think its safe to assume they are used the same ways as on Earth (feeding your child/children).

The Male Na'vi are larger in form and more aggressive, which is from testosterone.
Testosterone is created in the "testes", Males genitalia produce around 95% of the males Testosterone.
Testosterone encourages muscle growth and the aggressive nature, that we all know so well. (Dominance)

Im aware that many of you (if not all) already know these facts, however I brought them up to prove my point.
The Na'vi are almost exactly like us (in the reproductive aspect). Or so it appears in the movie/game etc.

James Cameron probably wouldnt literally say "The Na'vi have the same genitalia as we do" because it wouldnt really matter.
the only reason I am going on the limb and describing how I see it, is because me being a science and medical guy, I enjoy the idea, and possibility.
I would give anything to study the Na'vi for real...

NotW#82

ma Tsuksìm, I believe that they do have the same 'things' humans do; whatever scenes that didn't show anything, that was the CGI operator making sure nothing was seen even though the loincloth was slightly moved.

ToktorGrace

As I've mentioned on some thread or another... there are a few scenes where nipples are visible!

As for the loinclothes - that's to cover the soup-drinker!

Anywho - can't wait to see their fayevi :3 I'm sure they'll be pretty special.

Human No More

Sylwanin was actually older than Neytiri, and was originally going to be tsahik before her death.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman