Started by Ean Hufwetulyu, June 03, 2010, 06:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What gender will Jake and Neytiri's be?

girl ('ite)
boy ('itan)
girl and boy ('ite ulte 'itan)

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Human No More on March 03, 2011, 06:30:49 PM
Sylwanin was actually older than Neytiri, and was originally going to be tsahik before her death.

I thought that was the case - given that at the time the school was destroyed Sylwanin was one of the "young hunters" that attacked the RDA vehicles while Neytiri was still at the school.
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Na'vin on March 02, 2011, 12:11:43 AM
they would not put something in the game that wasnt true.
Everything in the game, the "pandorapedia," has help true in the movie.
So why would the mating/sex facts be the only thing wrong?

I belive that both the game and the pandorapedia is just for marketing. A separate team worked on them that had very little contact with JC and the movie crew. There is highly possible that both of those crews improvised freely from the information they got from JC and the movie crew.

Sylwaninismasis

Im not really sure, but I think that Neytiri and Jake will definently have a child (or children) at some point durring the second movie. :) 
Nga Yawne Lu Oer, Taronyu.

Kamean

I am sure, they have children. ;)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Txura Rolyu

But will they have a boy or girl?  ;D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ean Hufwetulyu

i can only guess that they will have possibly have twins a boy and girl.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Ean Hufwetulyu

ok after reading about  seven fanficitons most writers are convince that they will have possibly two to three kids. Plus one writer thinks that they will have twins.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I guess we will just hafta wait until 2014

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

ugh, it seems so far away...   :(

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

Txura Rolyu

The same year I graduate from college will be the same year AVTR comes out. Its gonna be one heck of a show, I am sure of it.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Sherilyn

JC has said that the Na'vi are non-placental.  This makes me curious about their navals, though they could be akin to our monotremes or marsupials.

Testosterone is produced in both male and female mammals.  In the female, it is produced in her ovaries.  In both, it is produced in adrenal glands.  Human males produce 10x as much as human females, but females are more sensitive to it.

There are other sex hormones, even on Earth, so it is possible the Na'vi have something like that.  Hell, I'd like to believe they're "hung like donkeys" too, but there are other forms of 'fiddly bits' which are just as effective at reproduction.  Monotremes, for instance (the very name means "one hole"), have a cloaca as do birds, amphibians and most reptiles.  Some mammals have internal testes, and fully retractable penises.  Marsupials have 2 vaginae, and the males have two-pronged penises! (  :o  WOO!)

Na'vi females have breasts, but do they have mammary glands?  Na'vi males have nipples, but do they have mammary glands as do human males (human males can lactate)?

Oh, and "feyvi"?  Was ist das?

Txura Rolyu

I think Cameron will do his best to make sure that we human's can accept the reproductive process as sexually appealing. Otherwise that might throw off a lot of people who are not as big of fans as we are.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Sherilyn on October 16, 2011, 06:11:03 PM
JC has said that the Na'vi are non-placental.  This makes me curious about their navals, though they could be akin to our monotremes or marsupials.

Testosterone is produced in both male and female mammals.  In the female, it is produced in her ovaries.  In both, it is produced in adrenal glands.  Human males produce 10x as much as human females, but females are more sensitive to it.

There are other sex hormones, even on Earth, so it is possible the Na'vi have something like that.  Hell, I'd like to believe they're "hung like donkeys" too, but there are other forms of 'fiddly bits' which are just as effective at reproduction.  Monotremes, for instance (the very name means "one hole"), have a cloaca as do birds, amphibians and most reptiles.  Some mammals have internal testes, and fully retractable penises.  Marsupials have 2 vaginae, and the males have two-pronged penises! (  :o  WOO!)

Na'vi females have breasts, but do they have mammary glands?  Na'vi males have nipples, but do they have mammary glands as do human males (human males can lactate)?

Oh, and "feyvi"?  Was ist das?

There is a human condition known as diphallia...double penis.  Unfortunately it is also associated with a host of other congenital problems.  And there are women who not only have two vaginae, but two uteruses.  I've known such a person.  Matter of fact, in elementary school there were two brothers who looked like twins but were born three months apart.  I believe they were the result of such a mother.

You're right, human males can lactate under certain conditions.  And I too am curious about the appearance of navels in nonplacental creatures...although I did find this interesting information which indicates that at least some marsupials have simple placentas:

"Monotremes (platypuses and echidnas) lay eggs and nutrients are
provided to the embryo from the yolk sac (the direct evolutionary
basis of the placenta).

"Most marsupials (with the exception of bandicoots) have very simple
placentas (choriovitelline placentas) that are more or less yolk sacs
without eggs.

"Bandicoots, (true) placental mammals, and some snakes have more
complex placentas (chorioallantoic placentas).

Yes, some snakes give live birth, in fact "viper" comes from
"viviparous", "bearing live young".  Some people have estimated that
live birth has evolved 75 different times among reptiles.

I really couldn't say how all this fits in with navels, though.  I've
never heard of a snake with a belly button.

My personal favorite site for zoology information is the Animal
Diversity Web:
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/index.html"

Spinning off from this, if some reptiles are viviparous, then there is the potential (at least in my mind) that ikrans can give live birth.  Not eggs.

Amaya

Quote from: Seze Mune on October 16, 2011, 07:12:40 PM

It's my understanding that reptiles, etc. do have a small scar from where their yolk sac was attached but I don't have any direct evidence or anything like that, sorry.

Spinning off from this, if some reptiles are viviparous, then there is the potential (at least in my mind) that ikrans can give live birth.  Not eggs.

There actually is a basic problem with this, although I'm sure you didn't deliberately miss this, you just didn't think about this:  ayikran have to fly, and carrying a foetus in utero (or whatever analagous structure) would both change their aerodynamics and add extra weight which would impact their flight (although of course not as much as a rider on their back, but the rider isn't there all day and all night for months straight)

Seze Mune

Quote from: Amaya on October 16, 2011, 07:32:49 PM

It's my understanding that reptiles, etc. do have a small scar from where their yolk sac was attached but I don't have any direct evidence or anything like that, sorry.

There actually is a basic problem with this, although I'm sure you didn't deliberately miss this, you just didn't think about this:  ayikran have to fly, and carrying a foetus in utero (or whatever analagous structure) would both change their aerodynamics and add extra weight which would impact their flight (although of course not as much as a rider on their back, but the rider isn't there all day and all night for months straight)

Well, when you put it that way, it would make sense for flying creatures to be oviparous unless they could work it like kangaroos and birth the young at such an early stage that weight wouldn't be a factor.  How these young would be nourished at that point is problematic.  However, since these are life forms alien to us, they might also come up with a really unique way to bear and feed the young.

Sherilyn

Seze Mune, RE #23;  I've heard of human males with 2 penises and human females with 2 uteruses as well.

Amaya, true about scars on herps.

I'm interested to see what JC comes up with.

What is "feyvi"?