All three Avatar Sequals to be made in New Zealand

Started by Alan, December 16, 2013, 03:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Read all about it....Read all about it!

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11173287

Interesting.  Sooo...who's up for a trip to the premiere in New Zealand then...although there will be three of them!

here's a video too:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-YrVLHLq4o

Alan

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Toruk Makto

"20th Century Fox is going to have a hard time backing out of these films now..."

I love how Cameron just comes out and says it.  :D

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Alan

baritone

20th Century Fox twisted hands of New Zealand to get tax benefits. I do not think it was for the benefit of the people of New Zealand.

Alan

Well I guess the tax benefits are for Lightstorm and Fox, but I'm sure the government side will have made sure they wouldn't completely miss out as a country.  It will hopefully help make it a centre of cinematic excellence which hopefully in the long term will bring more revenue to the country and help maintain jobs.  Who knows?

Alan

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

CyanRachel

Irayo, Alan, for posting this news (along with the video). Glad to hear the sequels will be filmed in NZ (aka Middle-earth)!  :D
And I wouldn't mind going to NZ for the premiere -- count me in.  8)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

This is indeed interesting news.

Just a few weeks ago, I saw something that suggested that Lightstorm was steering away from New Zealand as a place to do the Avatar sequels.

New Zealand has a huge film business now. All the Tolkien films, Narnia, and now Avatar. And of course, WETA Workshops is located there. I suspect this is because New Zealand has worked really hard to get the film industry to work there, and it a relatively unspoiled land of great beauty. It fits into much of what James Cameron believes in.

If the premiere is going to be in New Zealand, I woud love to go there and see it. But I suspect the premiere will be here in the 'States. If in New Zealand, I would also take the LOTR/Hobbit tour, as well as the Narnia tour.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]