Return of Col. Quartich?

Started by Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan, February 06, 2010, 12:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorukMakto!

Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 07, 2010, 12:55:50 AM
No Quaritch please. Selfridge MAYBE. (And that's a VERY big "MAYBE".)

Tsu'tey returning wouldn't be so bad actually. It would be very justifiable in-story too.

Though IMO it would've been better if Trudy survived.  :(
I mean, seriously... why didn't the aircraft manufacturers take advantage of the dual tiltrotor design of the Samson and add ejector seats?  :-\

Ah Selfridge doesn't produce a great villian like Quaritch, except from a joke here and there he's not that strong of a character. Yes he calls the shots, but he is very easy to influence.

ShadowedSin

Going to disagree bringing Tsu'Tey back creates a lot of convolutions in the plot and it kind of breaks the story.

Bringing back characters in general is not a good idea, Barbosa in Pirates as a MASSIVE stretch.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: dky.tehkingd.u on February 07, 2010, 12:55:50 AM
No Quaritch please. Selfridge MAYBE. (And that's a VERY big "MAYBE".)

Tsu'tey returning wouldn't be so bad actually. It would be very justifiable in-story too.

Though IMO it would've been better if Trudy survived.  :(
I mean, seriously... why didn't the aircraft manufacturers take advantage of the dual tiltrotor design of the Samson and add ejector seats?  :-\

Ejector seats are too expensive maybe ?!?!?!?!?! ???

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Someone on this thread or another one said that the equipment the RDA had on Pandora was outdated on Earth, so maybe the ejection seats are added to the next generation?
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Itan Atxur

Lol. But if we have them now, in modern times, then why not in the future?

TorukMakto!

Ejector seats doesn't guarantee her survival, it was a war zone there, maybe she didn't has one but couldn't use it or didn't use it on time.
In her last scene we see her saying , "I'm sorry Jake", it's either she knows that rocket gonna hit her or she thinks about to use the ejector, it seems like her arm reaches down next to her seat. at least it seemed like that to me. Maybe it's because the aircraft was in an angle it created this imagine for me.

'Itan Atxur

Well, none of the other's used the ejector seats either, so I'm guessing they don't have them.

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 07, 2010, 10:32:50 AM
Ejector seats doesn't guarantee her survival, it was a war zone there, maybe she didn't has one but couldn't use it or didn't use it on time.
In her last scene we see her saying , "I'm sorry Jake", it's either she knows that rocket gonna hit her or she thinks about to use the ejector, it seems like her arm reaches down next to her seat. at least it seemed like that to me. Maybe it's because the aircraft was in an angle it created this imagine for me.

Perhaps the addition of ejection seats was just over looked. In most helicopter designs, the seats are made strong enough to withstand a 250 mph or better crash landing. Another problem with ejection seats is that what ever direction you canopy is facing is the way you eject, so if the top of you canopy is pointing at a floating mountain....guess what, your gonna get rocketed into that mountain.

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

Still better to have it than to not have it.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: ShadowedSin on February 07, 2010, 02:37:57 AM
Going to disagree bringing Tsu'Tey back creates a lot of convolutions in the plot and it kind of breaks the story.

Bringing back characters in general is not a good idea, Barbosa in Pirates as a MASSIVE stretch.

Yet they made it work really well, and you have to remember who we're talking about. It's James KOTW Cameron, he can make anything he wants into something 100000000 better.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: ShadowedSin on February 07, 2010, 02:37:57 AM

Not really, they had his body and since Jack "knew" Tia Dalma was a goddess, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me. You do see his boots when she is getting Jack his jar of dirt in the second movie.

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsa'räni

It wouldn't have mattered if they kept Barbosa dead.  Pirates 2 was a horrid movie and, though it seemed beyond impossible, Pirates 3 was even worse.  So, I guess come to think of it, bringing Barbosa back fit right in.

LOL, going off topic again, sorry guys.

Tsu'tey could happen and not be wierd but a return of Quartich would kill it.

LearnNavi Forums:

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Tsa'räni on February 07, 2010, 11:55:58 AM
It wouldn't have mattered if they kept Barbosa dead.  Pirates 2 was a horrid movie and, though it seemed beyond impossible, Pirates 3 was even worse.  So, I guess come to think of it, bringing Barbosa back fit right in.

Why were they horrid?
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

ShadowedSin

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 07, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
Quote from: Tsa'räni on February 07, 2010, 11:55:58 AM

Why were they horrid?

OFF TOPIC:

What I really want t point out is yes even though Cameron is a good director I suggest we do not over hype any of the new movies. Let's encourage Cameron to work hard and to create another good movie and to think out his movies. By creating a cult of personality and saying he can't go wrong we create a fault in the community. We aren't here to worship a director but to express our admiration for what he can do.

So as I said, I really hope that again that we do not see resurrections. I would prefer characters that are alive to be more fleshed out and given more of a role. Aka Norm, if Trudy is dead we should see more of that connected to Norm. I would also like to learn more about the Na'vi and the people in the RDA. Why resurrect old dead characters when there are plenty already existing who can step up to become the next big bad? Or who can become more part of the story.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Tsepxor

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"

dky.tehkingd.u

Well since the rotors don't obstruct the ejector seat unlike present-day helicopters, shouldn't the manufacturers have seen that and taken advantage of it?

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"
"Keye'ung? FÌTSENG. LU. SPA'TAAAAAAA!!!"

Kxanìa 'awpo

Quartich is, as of present, dead. I dont see him coming back and I dont think James Cameron should bring him back. There is no way he survived that and a clone would be the oldest trick in the book. Of course there are always exceptions:
Quote from: MaTe on February 06, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
they only more-less plausible "return of the Colonel" version I've heard or read was on these forums: He is actually using AVTR tech to control this second human body form a safe place.
Which would actually be a cool plot twist if done correctly.

Same with Tsu'Tey, he died and should stay dead. I actualy could see Selfridge coming back though. It stands to reason that if unobtanium is so important, the RDA would return with more powerful weapons and more men and take it. 20 million a kilo is a lot of money to just give up.

These are only exceptions, though, to my general opinion. As Txontaw so bluntly stated on the first page:
Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.
"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" -Juke Sully

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 07, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
Quartich is, as of present, dead. I dont see him coming back and I dont think James Cameron should bring him back. There is no way he survived that and a clone would be the oldest trick in the book. Of course there are always exceptions:
Quote from: MaTe on February 06, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
they only more-less plausible "return of the Colonel" version I've heard or read was on these forums: He is actually using AVTR tech to control this second human body form a safe place.
Which would actually be a cool plot twist if done correctly.

Same with Tsu'Tey, he died and should stay dead. I actualy could see Selfridge coming back though. It stands to reason that if unobtanium is so important, the RDA would return with more powerful weapons and more men and take it. 20 million a kilo is a lot of money to just give up, not to mention solving Earth's energy crisis.

These are only exceptions, though, to my general opinion. As Txontaw so bluntly stated on the first page:
Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.

Ah Selfridge is a mid-core villian can't compare him to Quatrich so I don't really see a reason to bring him back, unlesshe'll be really evil this time. I don't see how getting unobtanium solves energy crsis, isn't RDA a self employed company? meaning they just seek there own profit and not to solve any kind of crisis.