Return of Col. Quartich?

Started by Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan, February 06, 2010, 12:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxanìa 'awpo

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 07, 2010, 08:58:44 PM
Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 07, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
Quartich is, as of present, dead. I dont see him coming back and I dont think James Cameron should bring him back. There is no way he survived that and a clone would be the oldest trick in the book. Of course there are always exceptions:
Quote from: MaTe on February 06, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
they only more-less plausible "return of the Colonel" version I've heard or read was on these forums: He is actually using AVTR tech to control this second human body form a safe place.
Which would actually be a cool plot twist if done correctly.

Same with Tsu'Tey, he died and should stay dead. I actualy could see Selfridge coming back though. It stands to reason that if unobtanium is so important, the RDA would return with more powerful weapons and more men and take it. 20 million a kilo is a lot of money to just give up, not to mention solving Earth's energy crisis.

These are only exceptions, though, to my general opinion. As Txontaw so bluntly stated on the first page:
Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.

Ah Selfridge is a mid-core villian can't compare him to Quatrich so I don't really see a reason to bring him back, unlesshe'll be really evil this time. I don't see how getting unobtanium solves energy crsis, isn't RDA a self employed company? meaning they just seek there own profit and not to solve any kind of crisis.
I read somewhere that unobtanium was a "low temperature super conductor critical for soving Earths 22nd century energy crisis" or something like that. I looked for in on the internet a minute ago and I cant find the source so I think Ill edit it out of the original post. Anyway, I could see Selfridge being a person that is really proud. Getting beaten on Pandora would be a massive slap to the face and he would probably be pretty pissed off.
"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" -Juke Sully

'Itan Atxur

But they also went out of their way to show that he didn't like what he was doing. I really can't see him as the bad guy in Avatar II.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 07, 2010, 09:52:10 PM
But they also went out of their way to show that he didn't like what he was doing. I really can't see him as the bad guy in Avatar II.

Yes, he's doesn't exactly fall in the bad guy definition, sometimes he gave an extra shot/chance to solving stuff in a less harmful way and he did look like astonished and sad when Hometree was down.

Tsa'räni

Unobtanium is a high temperature superconductor...it retains the ability up to something like 1500 C.  It's highly resistant to magnetic fields (higher than any other superconductor they've encountered) and also has the unique ability among superconductors to sometimes retain magnetic fields.

We rely on superconductors right now, but we make a lot of compromises due to their limitations.  Having a perfect superconductor like unobtanium would be really, really nice.  The ASG mentions that the RDA already has a global network of mag-lev trains that rely on unobtanium to operate.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Kxanìa 'awpo on February 07, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
Quartich is, as of present, dead. I dont see him coming back and I dont think James Cameron should bring him back. There is no way he survived that and a clone would be the oldest trick in the book. Of course there are always exceptions:
Quote from: MaTe on February 06, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
they only more-less plausible "return of the Colonel" version I've heard or read was on these forums: He is actually using AVTR tech to control this second human body form a safe place.
Which would actually be a cool plot twist if done correctly.

Same with Tsu'Tey, he died and should stay dead. I actualy could see Selfridge coming back though. It stands to reason that if unobtanium is so important, the RDA would return with more powerful weapons and more men and take it. 20 million a kilo is a lot of money to just give up.

These are only exceptions, though, to my general opinion. As Txontaw so bluntly stated on the first page:
Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.

Yea, it'd be nice, but even in the '07 script, Tsu'tey is dead at the end. Albeit he dies in a "different" way that he did in the movie.

But also, as far as the 20 million a kilo for unobtanium thing goes, its so unrealistic they HAVE to come back and try and get it, so that'll be sure to figure into one of the next two.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

magne

In my opinion:
Quartich should be dead, yes he was a great villain but far easier to make a new one than make some complicated setting to resurrect him.

Parker might be back but he is not a great villain just a corp. rat. 
Trudy died; no ejector seats, yes they could be installed but no other used them in the battle.
Tsu'Tey could survive, in the cut he was alive then hitting the ground but later killed. He might be alive to create a conflict or plot inside the Omaticaya Clan, if not it's simpler if he is dead.

One dead character I believe we will run into in some form is Grace, she is mostly joined with Eywa, and Sigourney Weaver has been very hard to kill :)

'Itan Atxur

If they decide to make an Avatar 4, there's a chance it could be a prequel. Then they could use Quaritch again.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: magne on February 08, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
In my opinion:
Quartich should be dead, yes he was a great villain but far easier to make a new one than make some complicated setting to resurrect him.

Parker might be back but he is not a great villain just a corp. rat. 
Trudy died; no ejector seats, yes they could be installed but no other used them in the battle.
Tsu'Tey could survive, in the cut he was alive then hitting the ground but later killed. He might be alive to create a conflict or plot inside the Omaticaya Clan, if not it's simpler if he is dead.

One dead character I believe we will run into in some form is Grace, she is mostly joined with Eywa, and Sigourney Weaver has been very hard to kill :)

I like the idea of Grace, sounds interesting and gives quite a broad area to write/play/produce with.

dky.tehkingd.u

Maybe Quaritch could return in a short flashback showing how screwed up Earth is.  :)

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"
"Keye'ung? FÌTSENG. LU. SPA'TAAAAAAA!!!"

'Itan Atxur

I have no problem with flash backs either. He just can't be an actual character in the story IMO.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 08, 2010, 09:43:47 PM
I have no problem with flash backs either. He just can't be an actual character in the story IMO.

Yep that's too much, I really doubt Cameron will go tha route of brining him back. His actor was great, and as a villian he was great , but recycling him again just doesn't fit it well, doesn't sound good.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I don't see why so many people have a problem with Quaritch coming back, if there is any man on this earth who can pull it off that man is james cameron.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

dky.tehkingd.u

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 08, 2010, 09:53:02 PM
I don't see why so many people have a problem with Quaritch coming back, if there is any man on this earth who can pull it off that man is james cameron.

Because the Terminators send Quaritch forward in time.....

oh wait

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"
"Keye'ung? FÌTSENG. LU. SPA'TAAAAAAA!!!"

'Itan Atxur

Miguel APG

:-\ I think that Quaritch is dead, because neitiry used 2 bigger Na'vi arrows to kill he, Remember? Quaritch said that Na'vi uses some :) like a neurotoxine in their arrows  ;D that make you dead minutes after the shot  :-[.

And about Trudy, the scene is subjective; In the movie, is trudy in the scorpion, trying to shot masempul Dragoon(Quaritch), then there is a missile heading toward trudy, when trudy was avoiding the shoots behind iknimaya :-\, then the take(of the movie) changes, and some scorpion is hited by a missile :o, but if you be carefoul, the scorpion of trudy was pinted with Na'vi colors ::), White and blue, and the scorpion that xplodes, dont have these colors ;D.

Rutxe txoa by the grammar, and my english,
eywa ngahu ;)

Pd:
and about Parker what? he is another company in the paradise!
oh think twice
Trudy have more options to " :D"resurrect" :D" or something like that
ìlä ikran, oe uniltìranyu lu toruk makto

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Miguel APG on February 09, 2010, 08:12:01 AM
:-\ I think that Quaritch is dead, because neitiry used 2 bigger Na'vi arrows to kill he, Remember? Quaritch said that Na'vi uses some :) like a neurotoxine in their arrows  ;D that make you dead minutes after the shot  :-[.

And about Trudy, the scene is subjective; In the movie, is trudy in the scorpion, trying to shot masempul Dragoon(Quaritch), then there is a missile heading toward trudy, when trudy was avoiding the shoots behind iknimaya :-\, then the take(of the movie) changes, and some scorpion is hited by a missile :o, but if you be carefoul, the scorpion of trudy was pinted with Na'vi colors ::), White and blue, and the scorpion that xplodes, dont have these colors ;D.

Rutxe txoa by the grammar, and my english,
eywa ngahu ;)

Pd:
and about Parker what? he is another company in the paradise!
oh think twice
Trudy have more options to " :D"resurrect" :D" or something like that
*Neytiri! :D
I don't think there's a question about Trudy, she's pretty much done there in the sky fight.
I didn't quite get your point about Parker? do you suggest that he is some sort of a spectator of this whole opeation?

Mako

Actually, s/he might have a point. I don't think I noticed the white/blue on that Samson/Scorpion when it went down...

'Itan Atxur

Well there's a good chance that would have just been a mistake by the creators. That was still Trudy, as much as I want her to be alive.  :(

Mako

Yeah, I have to admit, she was hot and a BA :P

'Itan Atxur

Funny thing is (and yeah, we're off topic again) I really didn't like her the first 2 or 3 times I saw the movie. But over time she really grew on me. Heck, I liked the random red clan leader on the coast better than her the first few times  :P