Return of Col. Quartich?

Started by Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan, February 06, 2010, 12:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

scroll down to the sequels section and note Stephen Lang's quote:

"You think those two arrows in my chest are going to stop me from coming back? Nothing's over so long as they've got my DNA."

This could be interesting if they re-signed Lang to play yet another role in Avatar 2.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Txontaw

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Tsa'räni

I will be very sad if he comes back.

Txonyä'ite

Kehe, bringing characters back from the dead is not a good plot device

Txontaw

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.

^^^ This. All though I wouldn't mind if Tsu'tey came back. There are a few semi-reasonable ways he could still be alive.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Agreed, its not a good plot device, but this is a what if post.

It seems to me it would be hard to work him back into the plot without ending up like the now defunct TV series Lost, where it seems that people die only come back to life anyway.

James, don't go the way of Lost.

LearnNavi Forums:

Quote from: Itan Atìtxur on February 06, 2010, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 12:33:44 PM
NO.

^^^ This. All though I wouldn't mind if Tsu'tey came back. There are a few semi-reasonable ways he could still be alive.

Not particularly easy, 3 shots to the chest at close range and THEN falling off the Dragon....it would be a stretch. Of course you could play it as he fell off, only to be caught by his ikran and since the battle recovered and wishes to reclaim his spot as 'eyktan of the Omaticaya

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

Well Na'vi are supposed to be hard to kill. There is the chance that the bullets didn't damage any vital organs and that he managed to "leaf" fall to the ground once he hit the trees like Jake did. I know it's still a stretch, but it's one I'd be willing to accept. To me, Quaritch is dead though and bringing him back is just bad. Even if it's a clone.

Yeah, as far as I am concerned, Quartich is dead, even if they have his DNA. Two arrows with the Na'vi's special neuro-toxin in his chest, I'd say he's dead.

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

Wow. I even forgot about the toxin! Yup, he's done. (But PLEASE don't use a clone in the sequel! That's such a cop out!)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 06, 2010, 12:37:40 PM

He's James King-of-the-World Cameron, he could cast a piece of elephant dung as a main character and still make and awesome ass movie.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

ShadowedSin

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 06, 2010, 03:32:42 PM
Quote from: Txonyä'ite on February 06, 2010, 12:37:40 PM

He's James King-of-the-World Cameron, he could cast a piece of elephant dung as a main character and still make and awesome ass movie.

People already complain about Avatar being a bit cheesy. We do not need to turn this into resurrection I can't create a new storyline syndrome.

Tsu'Tey I believe DIES in the old script, and I'm pretty sure that we are not going to see him come back.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

^Yes, even in the original script, Tsu'tey dies. I would have prefered the way he died over the way he did in the movie.

In the Original Script: Wainfleet, a Marine driving an AMP, cuts off Tsu'tey's queue ("Chief, I hear this is worse than death for you" and leaves him for dead. Other Na'vi find Tsu'tey and bring him to the Tree of Souls, where, after the battle Jake is brought to. Tsu'tey appoints Jake as Olo'eyktan and orders Jake to kill him, as he can no longer make tsahelyu with anything. Jake obliges him and the movie then goes over to the expulsion of the humans from Hell's Gate.

In the Movie: We all know. Tsu'tey lands in the Valkyrie shuttle, whoops a$$, only to be shot by a Marine that wasn't quite dead, and falls off the shuttle's ramp to the forest below.

LearnNavi Forums:

MaTe

they only more-less plausible "return of the Colonel" version I've heard or read was on these forums: He is actually using AVTR tech to control this second human body form a safe place.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

^Now that would be a very creepy movie.

Jake: Didn't you die already?
Quartich: Yes

LOL, go from there

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Tukru Tsamsiyu on February 06, 2010, 06:41:22 PM
^Yes, even in the original script, Tsu'tey dies. I would have prefered the way he died over the way he did in the movie.

In the Original Script: Wainfleet, a Marine driving an AMP, cuts off Tsu'tey's queue ("Chief, I hear this is worse than death for you" and leaves him for dead. Other Na'vi find Tsu'tey and bring him to the Tree of Souls, where, after the battle Jake is brought to. Tsu'tey appoints Jake as Olo'eyktan and orders Jake to kill him, as he can no longer make tsahelyu with anything. Jake obliges him and the movie then goes over to the expulsion of the humans from Hell's Gate.

In the Movie: We all know. Tsu'tey lands in the Valkyrie shuttle, whoops a$$, only to be shot by a Marine that wasn't quite dead, and falls off the shuttle's ramp to the forest below.

I've been wondering what would happen if somebody lost their queue. That death does seem like it would have been better.

In the '07 script, Tsu'tey orders Jake to 'perform his duties as Olo'eyktan' and kill him, saying basically that he is already dead, having lost his connection with all that makes him truly alive.

LearnNavi Forums:

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tukru Tsamsiyu on February 06, 2010, 08:33:44 PM
In the '07 script, Tsu'tey orders Jake to 'perform his duties as Olo'eyktan' and kill him, saying basically that he is already dead, having lost his connection with all that makes him truly alive.

Not a bad scene as well maybe Cameron thought it'll be too much emotional ? I don't know.
Quartich revival is indeed too much, but Tsu'tey isn't that impossible after all he was the best Na'vi fighter, had carbon based bones , his Ikran seemed to be alive, plenty of trees to block/stop his fall like the Na'vi do. But it is written in the wiki Avatar place that he died. Who knows maybe Cameron brings him back due to those reasons, he can do whatever :).

dky.tehkingd.u

No Quaritch please. Selfridge MAYBE. (And that's a VERY big "MAYBE".)

Tsu'tey returning wouldn't be so bad actually. It would be very justifiable in-story too.

Though IMO it would've been better if Trudy survived.  :(
I mean, seriously... why didn't the aircraft manufacturers take advantage of the dual tiltrotor design of the Samson and add ejector seats?  :-\

"Fì'u keye'ung lu!"
"Keye'ung? FÌTSENG. LU. SPA'TAAAAAAA!!!"