Stephen Lang will be back

Started by Toruk Makto, October 22, 2013, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Stephen Lang has signed on for all three sequels according to an Avatar FB post. #zombiequaritch ?

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

LOL! One of the most evil guy will be in the next Avatar? Ketsukspaw! :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

James Cameron is performing another resurrection with his sequels to the biggest movie of all time, Avatar. After already revealing Sigourney Weaver's character, who died in the first film, would be returning, it now seems a second deceased character will return in Avatar 2. Colonel Miles Quaritch, played by Stephen Lang, will return not only for Avatar 2, but Avatar 3 and 4 as well.

"I'm not going to say exactly HOW we're bringing him back, but it's a science fiction story, after all," Cameron told Deadline. "His character will evolve into really unexpected places across the arc of our new three-film saga."

Cameron exclusively revealed this information to Deadline. Here's his full quote:

Steven was so memorable in the first film, we're privileged to have him back. I'm not going to say exactly HOW we're bringing him back, but it's a science fiction story, after all. His character will evolve into really unexpected places across the arc of our new three-film saga. I really look forward to working with such a gifted actor, who's also become a good friend.

Since Quaritch is in the next three films, it's a pretty safe bet he's going to be literally resurrected, maybe as some kind of cyborg. That's a little different from how Cameron suggested Weaver's Grace could back:

Have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she shows up, and before Jake shows up to join her. She's there for fifteen years ahead of time. I don't know, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. And I've already said way too much about Avatar 2 and 3 here and there, but people piece it together like those voice cameos and tell the whole story!

In that same interview, though, Cameron said this, which also shines a light on Quaritch:

Okay, here's the deal. When you have a science-fiction series, a science-fiction franchise, you're never dead, unless your DNA is expunged from the universe. And then there's always time travel!

Are you excited for Lang's character to potentially be the villain in all the Avatar movies moving ahead?

http://www.slashfilm.com/stephen-langs-evil-colonel-will-return-for-all-three-avatar-sequels/
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Toruk Makto

Perhaps some "flashback" style story backfill?  Fascinating!   ;)

Or maybe he gets a Jake Sully makeover and becomes an Avatar driver or something...

Taronyu Leleioae

:o

I think Eywa got confused with her "only keeps the balance" tradition...

This makes for interesting speculation as to what role Quarritch might play.  While it wasn't in the film itself, there's an interesting notation on p11 of ASG regarding the AMP suit.  If the operator has been injured or killed, the AMP Suit has an unmanned "walk-back" capability on battery power.  This feature was developed to protect the significant capital investment made in each suit.  Although if he showed up to Hell's Gate, not sure how welcomed for medical attention he'd get if he were still alive...

(ADD:  Was just about to also speculate if this was some sort of flash back...  Ninja'd.)

Tsawl Layon

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 22, 2013, 03:35:46 PM

One of the most deadly-hitted-from-two-arrows-and-was-killed guy :D
Ref: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15887918/

pack: Pumu- alpha, Train-omega/head of security, Fenrirdarkwolf-member, X_Joshi_X security in training, FoxyCat1108-member/ sniper
Add me on Skype: drago48282 Or Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drago055
Ja, comrade let us leave petty American squabble and return to vodka and sex.

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

archaic

OK, so we know Sigourney Weaver/Grace and Stephen Lang/Quaritch will back.

Any news for Laz Alonso/Tsu'tey, Wes Studi/Eytukan, Michelle Rodriguez/Trudy and Matt Gerald/Wainfleet?
I think I vaguely recall a hint long long ago that Cameron was planning on reuniting the family for the sequels.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Niri Te

I am going to wait till AFTER the movie has been out for a while, and then read up on it. If Quaritch is in it, Ateyo and I have already decided, we won't WASTE our money. It will be like all the other blockbusters, the people got greedy for the bucks, and screwed up the sequels BIG TIME. We will watch and watch again and again and again...... and LOVE everything about AVATAR, but as far as we will be concerned, there never WERE any continuing stories.
Niri Tawä
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Tìtstewan, ketsukspaw is a wou! word. Go put that under new word suggestions. Do not pass , do not collect any unobtanium!

Keftxoa fì'u nì'aw! This is not good. This is like the White Witch in the Narnia films. After she was crushed to oblivion by Aslan in the first book, she never reappears in the books, except in the prequal book. But she has been in both of the two films following the events of 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'. (IMHO, they have deviated so far from the original storyline that the moviemakers have killed the franchise. C.S. Lewis is probably spinning in his grave so fast that they had to install water cooling!)

Quaritch should have been syuve aynantangä. His amp-suit was messed up enough that I question if the auto-return feature would have worked. Maybe Eywa accidentally 'digitized' him. I bet when she found out what she had 'digitized', a thousand trees died ;)

It makes sense for Quaritch to appear in a prequal, of which at least one of the movies is supposed to be. But bringing him back later is IMHO, just plain tacky. This sort of thing has been the demise of many a movie. But if anyone can make something like this work, it will be James Cameron.

'Upxare fpi aysamsiyu: Hayalo, ngal neykekx tsavrrtepit!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 22, 2013, 09:00:25 PM
Ma Tìtstewan, ketsukspaw is a wou! word. Go put that under new word suggestions. Do not pass , do not collect any unobtanium!
I think, we could use that word, ketsukspaw, as a wou! word especially in cases like this. And I will not collect unobtanium, that stuff is like jeans and alcohol-free beer - it has no importance for a real Na'vi! ;)

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 22, 2013, 09:00:25 PM
'Upxare fpi aysamsiyu: Hayalo, ayngal neykekx tsavrrtepit!
Slä...slä...slä...munea swizaw ke lolu nìtam fte tspivang poanit?! :o
old gallery link?id=5349[/img]

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Niri Te on October 22, 2013, 07:46:40 PM
I am going to wait till AFTER the movie has been out for a while, and then read up on it. If Quaritch is in it, Ateyo and I have already decided, we won't WASTE our money. It will be like all the other blockbusters, the people got greedy for the bucks, and screwed up the sequels BIG TIME. We will watch and watch again and again and again...... and LOVE everything about AVATAR, but as far as we will be concerned, there never WERE any continuing stories.
Niri Tawä

Perhaps you should wait for the story before throwing rocks. It may not be as bad as you think, because Jim Cameron is pretty good.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txo fo neykekx tsavrrtep fa txep, 'u angäzìk lu a sawtutel leyku tsavrrtep a rusey nìmun! :)

Yawey ngahu!

Tìtstewan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 23, 2013, 12:34:10 AM
Txo fo neykekx tsavrrtep fa txep, 'u angäzìk lu a sawtutel leyku tsavrrtep a rusey nìmun! :)
And if they cloned him?

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toruk Makto on October 22, 2013, 03:33:50 PM
Stephen Lang has signed on for all three sequels according to an Avatar FB post. #zombiequaritch ?
Oh hell! Die another day - you live only twice!
QuoteI am going to wait till AFTER the movie has been out for a while, and then read up on it. If Quaritch is in it, Ateyo and I have already decided, we won't WASTE our money
Well, part two and more of successful movies are often not as good as first part, but you can decide only when you see it. One (not big) bad investment do not hurt :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 23, 2013, 05:37:40 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 23, 2013, 12:34:10 AM
And if they cloned him?

It would be hard to do if he was ashes. Or if he only existed as ikran or palulukan dung. Yom, yom, yom!

Yawey ngahu!

Tìtstewan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 23, 2013, 02:58:39 PM
It would be hard to do if he was ashes. Or if he only existed as ikran or palulukan dung. Yom, yom, yom!
I think, the RDA would have some organic samples from him, before buring...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 23, 2013, 03:16:22 PM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 23, 2013, 02:58:39 PM
I think, the RDA would have some organic samples from him, before buring...

Its the job of the samsiyu to make sure there are no 'samples' left when the RDA gets there. Especially when they realize that the Cameron-God has power over even Eywa... ;)

Yawey ngahu!

Tìtstewan

I mean, that the RDA on the Earth would have some samples of him. (They should collect some medical stuff, before they leave the Earth) They could clone him on Earth and they comes back to Pandora with a cloned Quaritch.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 23, 2013, 03:23:41 PM
I mean, that the RDA on the Earth would have some samples of him. (They should collect some medical stuff, before they leaf the Earth) They could clone him on Earth and they comes back to Pandora with a cloned Quaritch.

Or maybe Quaritch had a twin too?

The big problem with 6 years between films is that it gives people too long to entrench their preconceptions about sequels :D