Who died and who survived?

Started by archaic, March 15, 2010, 04:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nifty

Quote from: Mithcoriel on March 21, 2010, 05:16:27 PM
Um..Quaritch is not a jellyfish, so I don't quite see your point..

It might be or not but, what I'm seeing is that Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn is trying to say that perhaps, after further sstudy we might be able to obtain immortality through a drug made from the DNA or something of the Quaritch.

Sorry if I'm yabbering on... or taking your que Nìwotxkrr.
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

Col Quaritch

No one died Jake had a massive annerisum in the machine we all just experiance his subconcious thoughts (Dallas surprise ending)

archaic

The arrows that Neytiri's shot into Quaritch, are not her own, she must have collected them after Seze's death.
The neurotoxin could have been wiped off during previous use, that just leaves the massive trauma to get round.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Mithcoriel

Quote from: Nìftxavangutan on March 21, 2010, 11:51:26 PM

It might be or not but, what I'm seeing is that Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn is trying to say that perhaps, after further sstudy we might be able to obtain immortality through a drug made from the DNA or something of the Quaritch.

Well that creature can regenerate itself via its DNA. We don't know if this Jellyfish actually keeps its old memories. I'm willing to bet that no. Jellyfish are extremely simple, as far as I know they don't even have a real brain. So, it's one thing being able to grow a new Quaritch based on his DNA. We know that's possible, it's called cloning. It's a completely different thing to assume his whole personality and memories were preserved.

And once again: if they could bring back Quaritch, why didn't they bring back Tom Sully?
As far as I'm concerned, Quaritch is a generic general, easily replacable by someone else from earth who's just as dedicated. He wasn't particularly knowledgeable of the Na'vi or anything else that would make him irreplacable. On the contrary: he acted rather stupid toward the end, not exactly beneficial to the RDA. Tom Sully, on the other hand, was a unique important investment, irreplacable except for his twin brother, but his memories are irreplacable.
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

Col Quaritch

Quaritch is a generic general!!!!

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I'm pretty sure that having two 5 foot long arrows lodged into your chest is fatal, neurotoxin or not. Massive internal bleeding. Broken ribs. Collapsed lung(s). If one even nicked an artery or the heart, he'd bleed out.

Quote from: archaic on March 22, 2010, 07:54:57 AM
The arrows that Neytiri's shot into Quaritch, are not her own, she must have collected them after Seze's death.
The neurotoxin could have been wiped off during previous use, that just leaves the massive trauma to get round.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Col Quaritch

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on March 22, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that having two 5 foot long arrows lodged into your chest is fatal, neurotoxin or not. Massive internal bleeding. Broken ribs. Collapsed lung(s). If one even nicked an artery or the heart, he'd bleed out.

Quote from: archaic on March 22, 2010, 07:54:57 AM

I want my milk back :P

Nifty

Quote from: Mithcoriel on March 22, 2010, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: Nìftxavangutan on March 21, 2010, 11:51:26 PM

Well that creature can regenerate itself via its DNA. We don't know if this Jellyfish actually keeps its old memories. I'm willing to bet that no. Jellyfish are extremely simple, as far as I know they don't even have a real brain. So, it's one thing being able to grow a new Quaritch based on his DNA. We know that's possible, it's called cloning. It's a completely different thing to assume his whole personality and memories were preserved.

And once again: if they could bring back Quaritch, why didn't they bring back Tom Sully?
As far as I'm concerned, Quaritch is a generic general, easily replacable by someone else from earth who's just as dedicated. He wasn't particularly knowledgeable of the Na'vi or anything else that would make him irreplacable. On the contrary: he acted rather stupid toward the end, not exactly beneficial to the RDA. Tom Sully, on the other hand, was a unique important investment, irreplacable except for his twin brother, but his memories are irreplacable.

Well, the main reason why they wouldn't show the cloning of Tom or even mention it since it would have probably killed the storyline James Cameron set up. Honest, many authors and producers sometimes leave parts making some things unrealistic, impossilbe, non-sense or such just to keep the storyline going.
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

Tìmuiäyä'itan

Maybe Quaritch won't be back. But what about his evil twin?  :o
srungìri ftära tsyokxìl ngeyä
ke ivomum futa pesuru
lu srung skiena tsyokxta ngeyä
ulte Jesus a nerìn ayfo pamlltxe
san sutehu lu keltsun
slä Yawähu frakem tsunslu sìk.

archaic

Tee hee. I posted this elsewere...

Quote from: archaic on March 15, 2010, 12:30:05 PM

Stephen Lang comes back, not as Miles Quaritch, but his identical twin brother, Kelvin Quaritch, hell bent on avenging his dead brother!

Seems we think the same way (book a psychiatrist now).
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Would they be able to make Norm a new Avatar or is that way to expensive? 

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: tìngay mungeyu on March 15, 2010, 06:37:04 AM
I'm very sad about the fact that Tsu'tey is dead but this is true, you can read about it in the moviescript.  :'( :'( :'(

Tsu'tey was mortally injured, then a human soldier came and cut Tsu'tey's queue off near the base. Later when Jake found him, Tsu'tey named him Olo'eyktan and ask him to set his spirit free, because death is better than living without a queue which is the only connection to the world-consciousness which his life. I would also choose death in the same situation.  :'(

"Tsu'tey I can never ride again, or bond with my woman -- or hear the voice of Eywa. I can not lead the People. You will lead them, Jakesully.
Jake: No. I'm not officer material.
Tsu'tey: It is decided. Now do the duty of Olo'eyctan. Set my spirit free.

Of course he lives within Eywa.

Yes, Tsu'tey is dead. There is a scene that was cut out of the movie at the last minute that will be included in the extended cut that will confirm this.

They might be able to make Norm a new Avatar, but keep in mind that it took the 5+ year journey to Pandora from Earth for that Avatar to mature....so, it could be awhile.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Col Quaritch

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on March 26, 2010, 12:19:13 PM

I dont think his avatar is dead he was shot more in the shoulder I think it was just the sheer pain that shot him out of that bed rather than lay there an keep feeling it.

Nifty

Quote from: Col Quaritch on March 29, 2010, 01:50:18 AM

I dont think his avatar is dead he was shot more in the shoulder I think it was just the sheer pain that shot him out of that bed rather than lay there an keep feeling it.

That's a plausible point, one that must be considered.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Nìftxavangutan on March 29, 2010, 02:36:59 AM

If that's true then why wasn't he in avatar form at the end when they where seeing off the soldiers?

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on March 29, 2010, 11:11:22 AM
Quote from: Nìftxavangutan on March 29, 2010, 02:36:59 AM

If that's true then why wasn't he in avatar form at the end when they where seeing off the soldiers?

It is most likely that it is too damaged for him to use, so he stayed as a human for the deportation of the humans.

LearnNavi Forums:

Tìmuiäyä'itan

Maybe the idea was: First things first. So first of all, they had to get rid of the sawtute, he was to guard this as we see in the end. After that, there would still have been time to repair his Avatar. But meanwhile no use for him going in Avatar form. If there would have been trouble, he maybe would not have been able in Avatar form to help in any way, as he was wounded. But human Norm was all healthy.
srungìri ftära tsyokxìl ngeyä
ke ivomum futa pesuru
lu srung skiena tsyokxta ngeyä
ulte Jesus a nerìn ayfo pamlltxe
san sutehu lu keltsun
slä Yawähu frakem tsunslu sìk.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I have Joel as a friend on Facebook and I sent him a message ;)  I'll let you know what he says

^now why didn't some before think of that, lol

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsufätu Ayioangä

because No one else is the presedent of the NSFC ;)