Who died and who survived?

(1/23) > >>

archaic:
Ok so we know that:

* Eytukan: Dead, but he lives within eywa.
* Dr Grace Augustine: Dead, but she lives within eywa. Booked for sequel.
* Col Miles Quatitch: Booked for sequel?!**(survived somehow? lives within eywa like Augustine? Cloned? Flashback? Time Travel? Avatar2 is a prequel?)

What we do not know for sure:

* Norms Avatar: The older script say's dead, but if we don't see it did it happen? Alone 2-3 hits in the shoulder shouldn't be enough to kill it, Quaritch states clearly that the Na'vi are "very hard to kill".
* Trudy Chacone: Watch her samson explode, is there an ejector seat saving her life? I can't be sure, but just possibly. I hope she lived, she's too good a charater to just kill off, but it's a stretch.
* Tsu'tey:Why does everyone assume he is dead? 5-6 entry wound on his front, no exit wounds, we see him adjusting his fall to begin a leaf fall landing. I think it's safe to assume he's well practiced. Dr Norm Spellman phd is on foot in the right area so could have been able to stop the bleeding, which would have saved his life. Plus as Quaritch states Na'vi are "very hard to kill". Or he lives within eywa.
These are just my opinions feel free to tell me if/why you think I'm wrong.

tìngay mungeyu:
I'm very sad about the fact that Tsu'tey is dead but this is true, you can read about it in the moviescript.  :'( :'( :'(

Tsu'tey was mortally injured, then a human soldier came and cut Tsu'tey's queue off near the base. Later when Jake found him, Tsu'tey named him Olo'eyktan and ask him to set his spirit free, because death is better than living without a queue which is the only connection to the world-consciousness which his life. I would also choose death in the same situation.  :'(

"Tsu'tey I can never ride again, or bond with my woman -- or hear the voice of Eywa. I can not lead the People. You will lead them, Jakesully.
Jake: No. I’m not officer material.
Tsu'tey: It is decided. Now do the duty of Olo’eyctan. Set my spirit free.

Of course he lives within Eywa.

archaic:
I read that too, but if we don't see it on screen, does it happen?

Tìmuiäyä'itan:
As for Norms Avatar: Wasn't he in the scene at the end where they guarded the humans entering the spacecraft? For Tsu'tey I can guess that in the end Cameron decided to not get into the "what happens if the hairplug is cut off" discussion and left the scene out because of that. PLUS: Tsu'tey is an interesting character, more than Quaritch, who is just the bad guy. You can have bad huys all around, but a developed character like Tsu'tey is something different.
Imagine all the possible plots in Avatar 2 with Tsu'tey being Olo'exktan and rather conservative, and Jakesully being Turuk Makto (or having been), but not as conservative Na'vi as he grew up in different traditions. Both able leaders, both can work together and have respect for one another, but they both have also their problems with one another (or have had but they could rise up again)...

Just my 2 cents (do they have to be dollar cents or do euro cents suffice? ;D)

Kìyevame!

archaic:
Human troops & AMP's are dropped off before the bombing run starts, the Direhorse riders have some distance to travel from the tree of souls area to reach them, Tsu'tey falls from the dragon late in the bombing run maybe as much as 20-30km from the ground battle.
Could a human soldier really have reached him that quickly? How? (and why would he break all his bones as in the script?)
It was a moving scene, just too implausible, I felt it was right to cut it.
But in the scene where the aliens are being loaded into the shuttle, jake is wearing Tsu'tey's choker and necklace combo, so they have met since the battle.

--- Quote from: Tìmuiäyä'itan on March 15, 2010, 07:33:43 am ---As for Norms Avatar: Wasn't he in the scene at the end where they guarded the humans entering the spacecraft? For Tsu'tey I can guess that in the end Cameron decided to not get into the "what happens if the hairplug is cut off" discussion and left the scene out because of that. PLUS: Tsu'tey is an interesting character, more than Quaritch, who is just the bad guy. You can have bad huys all around, but a developed character like Tsu'tey is something different.
Imagine all the possible plots in Avatar 2 with Tsu'tey being Olo'exktan and rather conservative, and Jakesully being Turuk Makto (or having been), but not as conservative Na'vi as he grew up in different traditions. Both able leaders, both can work together and have respect for one another, but they both have also their problems with one another (or have had but they could rise up again)...

Just my 2 cents (do they have to be dollar cents or do euro cents suffice? ;D)

Kìyevame!

--- End quote ---
Squeeeee!
Now that would make for some plot depth, I like.

(depends on the exchange rate)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version