Zoe Saldana talks Uhura-Spock and where Avatar 2 is at

Started by Seze Mune, March 03, 2013, 08:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze Mune

Zoe Saldana took some time out Sunday to talk about the upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness and where the heck James Cameron is at with Avatar 2.

MTV News spoke to Saldana on the red carpet at the Oscars, with Josh Horowitz managing to get in a few questions about her two sci-fi franchises, J.J. Abrams' successful Star Trek and James Cameron's successful-er Avatar. While Star Trek is expecting a sequel this year with Into Darkness, the future for Avatar 2 is a bit less certain.

So here's what Saldana had to say about Star Trek Into Darkness, specifically regarding the romantic relationship between her Uhura and Zachary Quinto's Spock. Are the two still together in the sequel?

"I don't know. They're figuring things out" she said. "They're definitely together, you know, because they work together on the Enterprise, and there's so much that's going on this time around with their situation as a crew, as the Enterprise, that it definitely is going to add a little stress to their relationship."

Then, there's Avatar 2 and even Avatar 3. According to i09, the original release date for the 3D sequel was 2014, then it was pushed back to 2015, and now James Cameron has purchased a farm in New Zealand to finish the scripts in seclusion.

"Last I heard, I spoke with his wife, Suzy [Amis], and she told me that he was definitely very reserved right now and taking his time," Saldana said. "She barely sees him. He's just locked up writing, finishing up the script. I know that it's just a matter of time."

Are you excited for Star Trek Into Darkness and/or Avatar 2? Check out Zoe Saldana's interview below:
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/549366/zoe-saldana-talks-uhura-spock-and-where-avatar-2-is-at/#m2c4uamOoswPFGDD.99

Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan

"Check out Zoe Saldana's interview below:" it says.  And the video says: "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location".

Truely great stuff!

Taronyu Leleioae

I copy/pasted the url into Firefox.  Then clicked on the video and it played ok.  Interesting update.