Possible comprehensive book on Na'vi?

Started by ZombiezuRFER, January 10, 2010, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombiezuRFER

I have been thinking a lot lately, and I thought "in the movie they had that book for learning about the Na'vi, entitled the Na'vi, so I think that it is highly likely that a version of this book will be available for reading."  It seems to me that they will publish the Na'vi book as a guide to all their rituals, songs, and other important stuff.  I just think it is possible that they will release such a book.  Don't you think so as well?
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

Txura Tirea

I think they already did such thing by making the Activist's Guide. Still, they could tell us more about the Na'vi.  :)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Sol Lupusnight

He's right and i was also pondering the same thing today while at work reciting some navi words i knew, i hope they do because that would help a bunch. and the survival guide was a very good look into our beloved world of pandora, but more on the Na'vi would be very important.
Oel Hawnu Eywati

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

It would be amazing to have that book they had in the movie. I hope come out with a book like that, but I don't know if Fox would allow it or not.

Technowraith

I'd love to have that book that grace wrote in the movie. The Activist Survival Guide is a treasure trove of information though. It just arrived today i might add.  ;D
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eywal ngaru teing oeti

That book is also full of mistakes, but it's still a good source of information.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Eywal ngaru teing oeti on January 20, 2010, 01:12:37 PM
That book is also full of mistakes, but it's still a good source of information.

I have read the book but did not see all of these mistakes people are talking about. If there are that many mistakes, someone who noticed them should start a thread and people can add mistakes they find. THAT would be useful information.

As to Na'vi books. look for the DVD release date. FOX thinks in terms of DVD suport, sequel, Halloween (costumes) and xmas. As Avatar is now OFFICIALLY FOX's biggest single movie ever (screw Star Wars!--Avatar is now bigger at this moment than SW was at this moment), they have learned from Star Wars, and the efforts of other studios. Did anyone know that Avatar is FOX's first "billion dollar" movie? This is the biggest thing yet for them, and it may just sink the boat in a few weeks. $200 million is a LOT for any movie to make in first-release, but Avatar is only $200 million away from beating Titanic to become the number one movie--ever (Worldwide. It need to make $100 million domestically to be the US champion).

Add all of this up and what do we get? Well we have seen Star Wars toys, costumes, comic books, HUNDREDS of novels, and other crap. Star Wars just got it's b**** little butt kicked all over Endor by Pandora (I always hated Ewoks anyway). The prospect for Avatar books (novels, Na'vi language, possible graphic novels--don't think they will go full comic book mode) looks to be extremely high, but I am thinking they will look to release these things just before the sequel(s) and around major shopping holidays. If we were smart, we would start coming up with ideas for novels, instruction manuals, costume pieces (and whatever). Perhaps the final product that is corporate made will be cheap and flimsy, compared to what one of aynga dreams up. Perhaps you might get licensing rights (it is not an impossibility). But books on Na'vi? I think FOX made a MAJOR mistake in underestimating JC's vision and is gearing up to capitalize on teh sequel(s). Merchandising is the difference between a $300 million movie and a three billion dollar pin-off empire--or in this case a 1.6 billion dollar movie and a (???) $ merchandising jackpot.

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

kintìomum

Congratulations!
very precise and clear analysis of the way a corp works (or exploits poor fans like us if you want to see it that way).
Hmm, I guess FOX shares took a rapid liftoff in the last days? Are they a publicly tradeable corp anyway?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Yes, it'll be a while before we get the book we saw in the film, but is that a bad thing? It looked like a full on comprehensive book on an academic level. We'll get a few more books like the Survival Guide before we get something that intense and I see that as a good thing. It should be the top of the line, something that should only be written once every angle has been explored. I kinda like how they released the book, it was the first report on Pandora. Next we'll get another report and than we'll get the full on text book. It'll be there for the third movie XD
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on January 22, 2010, 01:07:29 AM
Yes, it'll be a while before we get the book we saw in the film, but is that a bad thing? It looked like a full on comprehensive book on an academic level. We'll get a few more books like the Survival Guide before we get something that intense and I see that as a good thing. It should be the top of the line, something that should only be written once every angle has been explored. I kinda like how they released the book, it was the first report on Pandora. Next we'll get another report and than we'll get the full on text book. It'll be there for the third movie XD

Wait until you see the images they release of Earth. It only goes to show that it is the same load of problems we see in slums everywhere. "Trash, trash, trash, oh look! Some bikini-clad supermodel will smile at me if I consume this product? trash, trash . . ." It is like they feel people are so stupid they will ignore the hell they are in and keep buying lottery tickets, never bothering to improve the world around them. Of course if they ever did,k the landlords would raise the rents. The Activist book really opens a lot of issues. JC really thought this through. Hopefully future (forthcoming) books will be held to high standards as well.

But look at it this way: FOX owns Star Wars--and how many books did they make for THAT franchise? mark my words: sve your money for next xmas. We will probably be flooded with new stuff. Hopefully some will be language-based.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

'Awve Tìkameie

I've thought about this in the past, and I believe they will. However, not for awhile. There isn't enough information on the Na'vi. Once the 2nd Avatar is released, there should be enough know information to compile one that would be similar to The Na'vi.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tsu'roen

There is of course also James Cameron's Pandora Bible - the Pandorapedia - that was compiled as a reference for making the movie. It should contain everything that has been sought out about Pandora, it's flora, fauna, geology, astronomy ...
This book exists. The only question is - will it be released to the public anytime soon? Probably not in it's entirety as it may give hints to plotlines of the sequels. But maybe in a "censored" version. For the full release we may have to wait until all the movies are done.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)