The Art of Avatar opinions

(1/11) > >>

Txura Tirea:
I just bought this book and I think it deserves it's own thread. The pictures in this book are amazing, it's like you're on Pandora again when you read it.
Instead of seeing the movie over and over again, this is a good (cheaper) alternative, just looking at the pictures while listening to the soundtrack.  :)
(Of course nothing beats seeing the movie.  :P)

What are your opinions on The Art of Avatar?

Nume fpi sänume:
I flipped through it, and i may pick it up as something to put on the coffee table or something, but im still undecided so far.

Unilmokri:
Waiting for it to arrive in the mail ;)

And while I don't wish to sound like an advertiser of a website, it's up at a reduced price on amazon.co.uk
Found the Art of Avatar, the soundtrack and the survivor's guide to Pandora as a 3-package set, should by any luck arrive tomorrow, latest by the coming monday :D
Can't wait!

Suteyä Hawnuyu:
As an artist, I have a very high appreciation for the concept art in the book. It should be a good reference for whenever I feel the need to draw a Pandoran ioang (animal).

kintìomum:
I just picked it out of the mailbox and...
wow! Tears of joy are streaming down my face when looking into it.
It's as you said, ma Txura Tirea: a journey back to Pandora.
But it's even more. The book is full of awesome work and details. You get to see the thought, effort and design process behind the creation of this wonderful world.
(Damn you, Cameron! I'm addicted to a MOVIE!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version