Finally got Neytiri!!

Started by Rogue Aw, April 17, 2019, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Aw

Well, I finally got Neytiri's Crazy Toys statue today! I love her! I really want to get her in a Sideshow statue, but, just like my Star Wars characters I collect, I can't even begin to afford Sideshow! The Sideshow Neytiri on ePay now is $1,000, with $120, that's a nope from me!! This piece was used, not new, but, aside from a couple paint necks, she's perfect!! She's big, the statue is over a foot tall! Crazy Toys makes Jake Sully as an avatar, so, I might get him to give Neytiri some company. This statue cost me $60 shipped, and, with the level of detail, I was impressed!

Anyone know the story of these Crazy Toys figures? Neytiri is labelled Avatar 2, and I believe Jake is too. Were these made when Avatar 2 was set to be released earlier? I can't seem to find any info on when they were made.
Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi.
(Do or do not, there is no try).

Lynxcat

That is so awesome! I have always wanted that Neytiri statue! I almost bought it this fall but I was low on money and needed to save. I'm so jealous of you!  :o I would also love to buy the Neytiri statue they have at Pandora in Animal Kingdom. - So much Avatar merch, so little money!!  :'(  Also, to answer your question about the odd 'Avatar 2' label: I guarantee you that it's a bootleg or 'fake' statue. It most likely was molded by a company then mass produced later in a factory. They most likely labeled it as 'Avatar 2' to dodge legal problems and copyright.
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Rogue Aw

I agree, unfortunately for me, I'm big into Star Wars, so, most of my money has been going to those figures. I have be diversifying my figure collection, got some Voltron Lions/figures recently, and, now, starting with Avatar with Neytiri. I looked at the Mattel 3.75" figures, but, Neytiri's face just didn't look right. That is a very important point with me, the face has to be right. There was another figure that was insanely expensive, much like the Sideshow figure I posted. I think it was the Tonner Neytiri figure/doll, as they call it. Even that expensive one, Neytiri's face still didn't look as good as this Crazy Toys statue. I just don't see the point in spending $700, even if I could afford it, if the face doesn't look right. My Neytiri does need a little touch up painting, one place on her butt, one of her right wrist, and the leather, I'm guessing, wraps around her tail. All of that I can do myself, so, I'm very happy with what I got!

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 17, 2019, 01:24:35 PM
That is so awesome! I have always wanted that Neytiri statue! I almost bought it this fall but I was low on money and needed to save. I'm so jealous of you!  :o I would also love to buy the Neytiri statue they have at Pandora in Animal Kingdom. - So much Avatar merch, so little money!!  :'(  Also, to answer your question about the odd 'Avatar 2' label: I guarantee you that it's a bootleg or 'fake' statue. It most likely was molded by a company then mass produced later in a factory. They most likely labeled it as 'Avatar 2' to dodge legal problems and copyright.
I have little money too! Txopu rä'ä sivi, one day, i'm sure that you can buy the statue of Neytiri! :D
I would like to get one too and i'm very happy to hear that Rogue Aw get one! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

Eìrä

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 17, 2019, 01:36:15 PM
I agree, unfortunately for me, I'm big into Star Wars, so, most of my money has been going to those figures. I have be diversifying my figure collection, got some Voltron Lions/figures recently, and, now, starting with Avatar with Neytiri. I looked at the Mattel 3.75" figures, but, Neytiri's face just didn't look right. That is a very important point with me, the face has to be right. There was another figure that was insanely expensive, much like the Sideshow figure I posted. I think it was the Tonner Neytiri figure/doll, as they call it. Even that expensive one, Neytiri's face still didn't look as good as this Crazy Toys statue. I just don't see the point in spending $700, even if I could afford it, if the face doesn't look right. My Neytiri does need a little touch up painting, one place on her butt, one of her right wrist, and the leather, I'm guessing, wraps around her tail. All of that I can do myself, so, I'm very happy with what I got!
Seysonìltsan ulte txantsan! :D
i'm very happy for You! :D
The translation of Na'vi language is in spoiler!
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!

Toliman

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 17, 2019, 01:14:52 PM
Well, I finally got Neytiri's Crazy Toys statue today! I love her! I really want to get her in a Sideshow statue, but, just like my Star Wars characters I collect, I can't even begin to afford Sideshow! The Sideshow Neytiri on ePay now is $1,000, with $120, that's a nope from me!! This piece was used, not new, but, aside from a couple paint necks, she's perfect!! She's big, the statue is over a foot tall! Crazy Toys makes Jake Sully as an avatar, so, I might get him to give Neytiri some company. This statue cost me $60 shipped, and, with the level of detail, I was impressed!

Great :) It looks very nice!

Eichhörnchen

Hello Rogue Aw

Congratulations to the pretty statue, but I'm afraid she is a fake. She is offered on Ebay. Country of origin China and the price is a joke.
The correct Price is over 300 Euro. The original statues from Sideshow are strictly limited and all have a number at the base and the Box.

Only 1750 of them was made.

Look here:

But is ok. The original statue is almost impossible to find. Its only a Info. :)

Greetings,

Robert
kxetse sì mikyun kop plltxe

Eìrä

Whou! Didn't know that!
Awesome! ;)

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Lynxcat

Don't feel down about her being a 'fake'. When I was about to buy her I knew very well that she was a fake. Not everyone can afford luxury items, and she looks great for a bootleg. There is nothing wrong about it! I hope this cheers you up!  :) 
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Eìrä

Quote from: Lynxcat on April 18, 2019, 01:18:36 PM
Don't feel down about her being a 'fake'. When I was about to buy her I knew very well that she was a fake. Not everyone can afford luxury items, and she looks great for a bootleg. There is nothing wrong about it! I hope this cheers you up!  :)
Completely agreed! :)

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!

Toliman

I agree, in any case it's a pretty statue, :)

Rogue Aw

I didn't know that it was a fake, per say. I just thought of it as just another statue at a WAY better price point than the Sideshow piece. No way in hell, even if I could find one, would I ever be able to get the Sideshow Neytiri. There are several Sideshow Star Wars charactors I would love to have, but, not at $1,000+ a piece! This will probably be the best Neytiri statue I can afford, unless a Gentle Giant Neytiri bust comes up for sale, LOVE that piece!! Basically, I'm very happy with what I got, so, no regrets for me!!

Toliman

Quote from: Rogue Aw on April 19, 2019, 01:19:40 PM
LOVE that piece!! Basically, I'm very happy with what I got, so, no regrets for me!!
Yeah, I would like to have one piece too.