Movie replicas, action figures.

Started by shiaru, December 24, 2009, 03:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiaru

~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Txon Tsyal

They don't look very realistic, could be done better i think.

Quote from: Txur'Itan on December 24, 2009, 09:24:29 PM
Oe f<ol>ahe<ie>u kawng!

http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/avatar-jake-sully-action-figure.html

Eywa, t<ay>oa oe srak?

What does the ol infix mean, i haven't seen it before.

And toa isn't in any of the dictionaries, can you please translate?
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Ftiafpi

These are crap, rushed out just like the survival guide.

Tsmukan Ikranä

LOL yeah they arent that good approximations, but no matter how hard i have tried i only have one neytiri ( 3-1/4 ) and 4 jakes ( 2 7inch, 1 6inch, 13-1/4inch ) . . . . a toruk and im having a heck of a time getting an Ikran, the 8inch neytiri, and possible the nantang attack set . . . sorta looked cool. I got them all so far at target, i keep checking everyday. I thought it was awesome that the 7inch figures have glow in the dark markings n.n I wish they were alot better but its close enough fer now.
Seze
Tsteu Seze! Txur Seze! FKEU SEZE!!
Nawm ronsem lonu ta fkeu tokx, fpi Na'Viä fpom.
Mawey txur txe'lan, tswayon nìwin.
Set unil ftue.
Eywa ngahu tsmuke! ( Irayo! everyone who helped me edit this n.n )

Queso6p4

Quote from: Txon Tsyal on January 12, 2010, 01:37:00 PM

Oe f<ol>ahe<ie>u kawng!

Eywa, t<ay>oa oe srak?

The infix <ol> indicates the perfect aspect of a verb, which, in English is  equivalent to some form of the verb "to have + past participle." An example would be I have hunted.

There is a list of infixes both in a thread (the first link) and also on learnnavi.org (the second link) Hope this helps.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/prefixes-infixes-and-suffixes/infix-list/
http://www.learnnavi.org/

There is a possible source of confusion between the original Na'vi pocket guide and the one that was updated on Jan. 6th concerning the infix <ol>. The first one lists (on page 6) the infix  <am> as indicating the perfective aspect but gives an example of simple past for said infix. Here is the sample. This is further corroborated by the Inflections pdf linked in  the Beginner Forum Etiquette thread.

t<ol>aron [hunt <PFV>]
"hunted"

The  updated one, however, lists the infix <am> (page 7) as past and <ol> (page 8 ) as being perfective.

t<am>aron
hunted

t<ol>aron
has hunted

My guess would be to go with the updated version, at least until it changes again  :D. I mean, hey, this is a beautiful language in its delightful infancy. Perhaps the Na'vi don't have any practical distinction between the two. Below are some links for further clarification of simple past and present perfect usage, respectively.

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/simplepast.html
http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html

Tsmukan Ikranä

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 12, 2010, 01:49:38 PM

I explained in another post on a different topic, the Survival guide was meant to have errors and spelling mistakes on purpose, its supposed to be a collective of notes, journals and other info compiled by the first and most early explorers of pandora. It was made that way to seem authentic. Of course the info is going to be incorrect here and there, the movie and state of the Pandora we know is mostly 6 or more yrs after these notes were all compiled. Its an easy mistake, and i guess they should have made that more clear, but i guess its actually sorta fun to see how the knowledge has changed and progressed since the compilation of all those notes into the Survival Guide. To me i think they should have left all the "foreward"and other portions out and just left it like a tattered guide hastily put together by those who took the info and secretly sent it out to us. James hinted on another kind of pandorapedia coming out at a later time, being considered by fox at the moment i guess. If you take time to read the whole interviews youd be surprised at some of the info others miss. I had to have read some 60 some-odd different interviews LOL

Im not saying that they shouldnt have did things the way they did, but i sorta like how the journal turned out, but i wish they did it a little differently. Srane, the toys are crap, but there isnt anything better at the moment. Lets Face it, they could have been real cheap and chinsy, been non articulated, have had bad cases of lazy-eye, very little quantities or variations. They could have gone a completely different route, they are not perfect, not by a longshot. But its better than spending 100+ bux on a shoddily painted custom statue of neytiri, with the wrong proportions colors and cloths. Trust me folks i have seen some really bad ones >.< ebay non-the-less LOL.
Seze
Set unil ftue.

kxanì tsamsiyu

yes im just waiting for some more detailed models to come out that aren't to expensive.

Nawma 'eveng

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tsmukan Ikranä on January 13, 2010, 02:00:16 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 12, 2010, 01:49:38 PM

I explained in another post on a different topic, the Survival guide was meant to have errors and spelling mistakes on purpose, its supposed to be a collective of notes, journals and other info compiled by the first and most early explorers of pandora. It was made that way to seem authentic. Of course the info is going to be incorrect here and there, the movie and state of the Pandora we know is mostly 6 or more yrs after these notes were all compiled. Its an easy mistake, and i guess they should have made that more clear, but i guess its actually sorta fun to see how the knowledge has changed and progressed since the compilation of all those notes into the Survival Guide. To me i think they should have left all the "foreward"and other portions out and just left it like a tattered guide hastily put together by those who took the info and secretly sent it out to us. James hinted on another kind of pandorapedia coming out at a later time, being considered by fox at the moment i guess. If you take time to read the whole interviews youd be surprised at some of the info others miss. I had to have read some 60 some-odd different interviews LOL

Im not saying that they shouldnt have did things the way they did, but i sorta like how the journal turned out, but i wish they did it a little differently. Srane, the toys are crap, but there isnt anything better at the moment. Lets Face it, they could have been real cheap and chinsy, been non articulated, have had bad cases of lazy-eye, very little quantities or variations. They could have gone a completely different route, they are not perfect, not by a longshot. But its better than spending 100+ bux on a shoddily painted custom statue of neytiri, with the wrong proportions colors and cloths. Trust me folks i have seen some really bad ones >.< ebay non-the-less LOL.

Okay spelling errors I could get but making up horribly incorrect Na'vi words and putting pictures of not fully rendered movie scenes? That's just damned lazy. I still stand by that if you're going to do something you should do it right.

Tsmukan Ikranä

oh yeah i fergot about those obscene renders >.< ewww i wanted to get sick looking at some of those. I can totally detest its the one thing i despise about the book . . . . and if you look closely at the pic they used for the Na'Vi section, page 35, top half . . . . the one Na'Vi male in the pic has a gut, A GUT . . . . so that means in a race that perfect, where balance is key to life . . . . . . they have overwieght Na'Vi too? I cant comprehend that, specially since none of them look out of shape in movie or any other media ive seen. A GUT, like a beer belly >.< are you serious . . . . . The words i can sorta understand . . . them not knowing fully about the language when the book was made, yeah its not one of the things i follow closely in the book. I actually ignore those translations . . . . but i wanted to know all i can about them and pandora, and until ( or if fox allows it ) we get the other pandorapedia this is all we got . . . . . even if its complete rubbish, until the other book comes out ( fox, you better allow it damn it! ) THey should have sided alittle bit more with the movies creators . . . . it would have been better off instead of having guidlines like the publishers did.
Seze
Set unil ftue.

Tsmukan Ikranä

Quote from: Nawma 'eveng on January 13, 2010, 06:14:22 AM
! I want the Toruk so bad...
http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/avatar-leonopteryx-creature-collectible-figure.html

AND the ikraan  :P
http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/avatar-jakes-banshee-creature.html

I don't know, I like to collect stuff that later turn to clutter  ;D

I got Toruk . . . i was quite suprised and dismayed . . . . it has a huge 20 inch wingspan, which is quite awesome. I also only payed 18 bux at toysRus LOL BUT  the details are what dismayed me, the off colors, things not matching or being painted right. I have alot of wierd dots on mine, aswell as chipped painted. The colors are too dark aswell. The one i got ( the head is suppose to rotate ) the head was stuck in a very awkward position. I tried to rotate it only to have the head seperate from the knob that holds it in place. It took me a few hours to remove the knob from the neck. I did get it fixed perfectly tho, i used some gorrila glue and a scuffed up paper clip for strength. Now the head moves easily now. The wings articulation leave alot to be desired. They only move a few degress up or down, one audible click is heard, that tells you the wing is moved into its other position. Basically this allows you to put toruk in a glide pose . . . thats it, his wings are basically designed to allow him to glide by the design of this replica. We all know his wings move a whole LOT MORE than that.

Im picking up a banshee today, its my fav of all pandoran animals, i called target, they have one left and im leaving now to get it ( a friend works there and is holding it for me, thats how i got the exclusive jake sully rda avatar that came with the ps3 game fer 55 bux ) He also told me when they will get movie masters neytiri in and he is gonna hide her for me too so i can pick her up friday fer 16.99 not 60-75 bux that they are priced everywhere else. LOL
Seze
Set unil ftue.

Nume fpi sänume

I got an RDA AMP suit :D but that's all.

Txon Tsyal

Quote from: Queso6p4 on January 13, 2010, 01:44:10 AM
Quote from: Txon Tsyal on January 12, 2010, 01:37:00 PM

Oe f<ol>ahe<ie>u kawng!

Eywa, t<ay>oa oe srak?

The infix <ol> indicates the perfect aspect of a verb, which, in English is  equivalent to some form of the verb "to have + past participle." An example would be I have hunted.

There is a list of infixes both in a thread (the first link) and also on learnnavi.org (the second link) Hope this helps.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/prefixes-infixes-and-suffixes/infix-list/
http://www.learnnavi.org/

There is a possible source of confusion between the original Na'vi pocket guide and the one that was updated on Jan. 6th concerning the infix <ol>. The first one lists (on page 6) the infix  <am> as indicating the perfective aspect but gives an example of simple past for said infix. Here is the sample. This is further corroborated by the Inflections pdf linked in  the Beginner Forum Etiquette thread.

t<ol>aron [hunt <PFV>]
"hunted"

The  updated one, however, lists the infix <am> (page 7) as past and <ol> (page 8 ) as being perfective.

t<am>aron
hunted

t<ol>aron
has hunted

My guess would be to go with the updated version, at least until it changes again  :D. I mean, hey, this is a beautiful language in its delightful infancy. Perhaps the Na'vi don't have any practical distinction between the two. Below are some links for further clarification of simple past and present perfect usage, respectively.

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/simplepast.html
http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html

Irayo  ;D
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

kxanì tsamsiyu

I was just looking at some Figures and came across this. Its very nice its 22" tall and VERY detailed.
http://www.surrealaward.com/avatar/shopavatarcollectibles.shtml
Go to the bottom of the page for a video of it.
There is a link just below the first image on the right to take you website that sells them.

Technowraith

Quote from: Nawma 'eveng on January 13, 2010, 06:14:22 AM
! I want the Toruk so bad...
http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/avatar-leonopteryx-creature-collectible-figure.html

AND the ikraan  :P
http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/avatar-jakes-banshee-creature.html

I don't know, I like to collect stuff that later turn to clutter  ;D

I have both the ikran and toruk. I hang them from the ceiling with a string. But i do still have the stands just in case i decide to bring them down to earth. the i-tags that came with them work all right, though it depends on the webcam you use. if you use a bad webcam, the i-tag doesn't work as well. I also got the larger jake sully avatar form figure. I accidently bought the battle pack figure, which is the smaller one. i'm having trouble finding neytiri for some reason though. oh yes, the ikran cost me $15.95 and the toruk was $26.95, both came from walmart. Jake i got from toys r us before they pulled the avatar line off the shelf for some odd reason. he cost around $12.95 i think. i don't remember.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Étienne

Pfft I'm awesome, I have 3 count them 3 Neytiri McDonalds figures.

And no I did not get them normally. Everyone thought it was so damn funny I was learning Na'vi that they gave me them...one after the other...I hate my friends.

Tsmukan Ikranä

I would be glad that they think of you,  ;D  good or bad  :P

ahahaha i got one by finding her in a Bj's parking lot . . . . she was missing an arm tho >.>  I call her Battle Damage Neytiri. ( Eywa, im soo sorry for that comment )

Seze
Set unil ftue.

Étienne

Quote from: Tsmukan Ikranä on January 21, 2010, 08:03:28 PM
I would be glad that they think of you,  ;D  good or bad  :P

ahahaha i got one by finding her in a Bj's parking lot . . . . she was missing an arm tho >.>  I call her Battle Damage Neytiri. ( Eywa, im soo sorry for that comment )

Post-Vietnam Neytiri

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Skrew action figures. Life size marble statues ftw!  8)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it