My little Report about a Avatar Knife

Started by Tsu'tey, January 30, 2011, 02:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsu'tey

Hello all,

I would Today again share a little of my product reports, want a present of the daggers of Jake, it could bid for just 56 € at Ebay, normal original price 120 euros. I like any report, again made a small series of pictures:

The first picture was taken after the unpacking, as we see is very careful to safety, all packed in styrofoam:

The second picture shows the display for the dagger, the foot is made completely of wood.:

The third picture shows the stand with a dagger on it, I have to say visually a great thing:

The fourth image is, for the most Fans the greatest Picture the dagger alone,the Dagger is making of a very very sturdy plastic,in the hand feels genius:

Then again the whole of the page:

Finally, I can say to stand up for a fan just the right home for it, because it is a visual treat in any case, good luck with these daggers can someday meet more often on Ebay, and does not spend the 120 €.

Sorry for my bad English  ;)

Greetz Tsu'tey

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Wouldn't this have fitted in the Avatar Merchandise section better? :)

Anyway, very nice report, I always like to read them! :) The knife looks amazingly beautiful :D

Swoka Ikran

Niiice. Someone else got one of these. Have one myself :) I have a few pics of mine over in Avatar Merchandise in my collection topic.

Your pics came out better though...and you took a lot more of them.

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 30, 2011, 08:01:19 AM
Wouldn't this have fitted in the Avatar Merchandise section better? :)
I was thinking the same thing...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsu'tey

Kaltxì,

Thanks for all the positive Comments to my Post, i wanted my Post not Write to the wrong area  ;) Sorry

@Swoka Ikran

Cool i looked your Pictures here in the Merchandise Area, i making my Pictures with a Canon EOS400D, you have a really nice Avatar Collection to Home, have the same Things to Home, but only one Knife ;-) Here a few Pictures of my Collection, a German Collection  ;D

My Jake and Neytiri Paper ? What is the right Word for the Thing in English ?

My Poster on my Room Door

My two Posters on my Room Wall

My German Cinema Cards from Cologne, Düsseldorf, Essen, Bonn, Solingen  ;)

My Book Shelf with my Avatar Things, The Ikran Model, DVD and Blu Ray Disc, and my big big Idol Tsu'tey  :D

This was my small and little Avatar Collection  :D

Greetz Marco/Tsu'tey

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Sehr schön! :) You have a big collection. :3

I believe the product you showed on the first pic (with Jake and Neytiri) is called a standup. ;)

Eana Tanhì

wow! I want everything from your collection ;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tsu'tey on January 30, 2011, 03:15:26 PM
@Swoka Ikran

Cool i looked your Pictures here in the Merchandise Area, i making my Pictures with a Canon EOS400D, you have a really nice Avatar Collection to Home, have the same Things to Home, but only one Knife ;-) Here a few Pictures of my Collection, a German Collection  ;D
Nice. The standee in pic #1 is really cool. We used to have a store at the local mall that sold stuff like that. They had reproductions of those (well...a USA version ;) ). I went back to get one recently, only to find the store was in the process of going belly up :'( Everything was on liquidation, and there wasn't a single piece of Avatar merchandise anywhere.

Also, are those posters in pics 1 and 2 real (that is, not a reprint that was made to be sold)? Don't know about Germany, but in the USA, getting real movie promo material is difficult. Stores and theaters typically refuse or aren't allowed to give promo stuff to the public, even if it's being thrown away :( (getting my hands on the 2 theater posters I have was $$$$$ as a result).

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 30, 2011, 04:11:26 PM
Sehr schön! :) You have a big collection. :3

I believe the product you showed on the first pic (with Jake and Neytiri) is called a standup. ;)
Names vary, but yeah, "Standee" and "Stand-up" are the terms usually used to describe these.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsu'tey

Thanks for the Right Word, now i know the Word  ;) The Story with the Store is really s***, here in Germany have no a Store for Avatar Article, i have buy all my Things at Ebay or from the German Site www.elbenwald.de a Seller for Movie Matters  ;) but also here is the Problem, Cinemas and video libraries want not give.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tsu'tey on January 31, 2011, 06:37:39 AM
Thanks for the Right Word, now i know the Word  ;) The Story with the Store is really s***, here in Germany have no a Store for Avatar Article, i have buy all my Things at Ebay or from the German Site www.elbenwald.de a Seller for Movie Matters  ;)
In the USA, the cheap made-for-sale posters can be found pretty much anywhere. Walmart, arts & crafts store, even discount $5 stores have them. If you want any real promo stuff...eBay.

Quote from: Tsu'tey on January 31, 2011, 06:37:39 AM
but also here is the Problem, Cinemas and video libraries want not give.
In most cases, they aren't allowed to give them away. :( The text on the bottom edge of my two theater promo posters (in like 4pt font) says the following:
Quote from: Bottom edge of my Avatar posters
For promotional use only. Sale, duplication, or other transfer of this material is strictly prohibited.
This is the main reason why the real ones go for so much on eBay...and why prices go up as the already limited supply drops.

Tsu'tey

You can buy Posters here online or in Electric Stores (Saturn,Media Store, Prostore) all german Stores, they have posters for 7 €. The original Posters with Signature from Ebay, but they are too expensive  :( I have no luck when I ask in Stores or Markets  :( Many people make with their sales, much broken  >:(

Txura Rolyu

You have a great set up in your dorm room it looks like. I wish I could put up all my AVTR stuff without my room mate being all weird about it.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Tsu'tey

@Txura Roylu

Thanks for the nice Comment ;-) This is my Room and i can make what I want :D

@All

I have making a little comparative photo from the Replica Dagger to the Movie Dagger, the originality is brilliant but looks  ;)

Greetz Marco

Txep swirä

you have there a very nice collection ;)
i like the stand-ups, the are like 1.5m high or something?
i have seen some for sale in the Netherlands... maybe, maybe i will get those :)

maybe i will post my little collection too.
"You not be here. Go back!"
Neytiri

I survived Black Mesa, I went trough City 17, I fought trough Rapture and escaped....
So what can possible go wrong on Pandora?

Stories:
The untold stories of the war on Pandora (written in Dutch)written in English

Tsu'tey

@Txep swirä

The Height from the Stand Up is 2,00m not folded. In the not folded Condition 1,00m.

For the Stand Up looking in the German Ebay, there it is, they often !

Greez Marco

Human No More

Nice! :D

I have ordered the Neytiri one but it hasn't arrived yet... :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

oooh, where did you buy the dagger? and for how much?
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Well, I don't know where the people who bought a dagger found theirs, but you can find Avatar daggers here for 95$. :) And perhaps Tsu'tey found his there, since he is German? :P I don't really think you can find a good-quality replica from a trustworthy seller at a price cheaper than 95$, but let's see what the other people say. :)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

yeah, I ended up finding the website myself. I, a few weeks ago, ordered the plastic 'toy' one off Amazon. perfect, looks real, all is well except the X strap to strap it to your chest is totally bogus; you velcro the dagger to the strap with a small patch of velcro that goes around the knife; but by the HANDLE of it. how the hell would I be able to slide that out quick enough to defend myself against a palulukan if it is the handle that is velcroed to the strap? also, if you try to velcro it around the sheath (it doesn't give you much leeway) you end up, when going to pull the knife from it's sheath, it pulls it right off, the entire knife, from the velcro. >> so I'm gonna have to make my own 'strap', it seems like. besides, the male Na'vi have their daggers across their chests, the female have them on their waists.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 18, 2011, 11:03:08 AM
Well, I don't know where the people who bought a dagger found theirs, but you can find Avatar daggers here for 95$. :)
That's where the one I have came from.

And perhaps Tsu'tey found his there, since he is German? :P
He did :) (He mentioned it on the first page. ;) )

I don't really think you can find a good-quality replica from a trustworthy seller at a price cheaper than 95$, but let's see what the other people say. :)
Haven't looked recently...but I couldn't find anything decent when I looked back in December. All I found was a couple of dubious websites and ebay auctions at inflated prices.