Avatar Nation:Episode Eight now Released!!

Started by ExLibrisMortis, March 28, 2011, 04:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Amaya on April 27, 2011, 03:37:11 PM
Ma Ikran Ahiyìk, try it again, but this time wait about 6-8 seconds before beginning 5m2a, in this way you'll find that everything lines up ;)

Music must start at once the scene start..

if waiting is required, than we can make conclusion without listening anything..

Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Amaya

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on April 28, 2011, 05:21:20 AM
Ma Ikran Ahiyìk, try it again, but this time wait about 6-8 seconds before beginning 5m2a, in this way you'll find that everything lines up ;)

if waiting is required, than we can make conclusion without listening anything..

*sigh* this was my point in the discussion.  All that would have been needed in order to make it line up would be a repeat of the first bar/two bars, which could have easily been done with sound editing software (something that was used on the music used in any case, when the music abruptly changes after Jake makes his shot)

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Amaya on April 28, 2011, 05:50:31 AM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on April 28, 2011, 05:21:20 AM

*sigh* this was my point in the discussion.  All that would have been needed in order to make it line up would be a repeat of the first bar/two bars, which could have easily been done with sound editing software (something that was used on the music used in any case, when the music abruptly changes after Jake makes his shot)

Its introduction is quite short, and carries a large difference from moment to moment.

I guess they must add something new or find Horner directly to fix it, another 8 seconds is a double of the original..

OK let's assume this is completed.

Then how about the fall when the piece plays up to half only?

I have made a ??? face when the hunter drops with the music changes like this.. :P

Amaya

okay, I went and re-did the test to see where the line-up is...start the piece when the view shifts to the ikran riders.

As for the intro, I mean the "duh-dum, DUH-dum" 4-note bar.  That is a very basic line which can be repeated as many times as is needed, with perhaps only a tiny bit of volume adjustment, starting very low and increasing in volume over a few repetitions until you get to the end.

When played this way, the end of the piece lines up perfectly with Jake's talioang falling to the ground.  Yes, a little bridge would have been needed after that point, but they had to do a bridge at that point with the music they used in any case.

I'm a musician, hon, I know how these things work :P ;)

edit: sorry for taking the thread so far off-topic :-[

Ikran Ahiyìk

If then the one to say sorry should be me. It's my question :(

OK I think we should end this, it seems this is very subjective.
Maybe I am the strange one, I still find it sounds not so right.
The main problem (for me) isn't from the beginning nor the ending..

Thank you for your comments and sorry for making wrong posts here (what should I make? ???)

DJ Makto

By all means continue, discussions over topics like the music are fun and interesting to listen to. As there are a number of viable solutions to handling the music in that scene.

Ikran Ahiyìk, I thank you for your feedback and kind words, we enjoy any and all feedback.  :)

Irayo.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Seems something like "what if I can share my views at there", replace by typing..

I can't say I have gone to the right nor the wrong place..

just.. sorry if I made anything bad here. really :-[

Hope you don't mind it :)

DJ Makto

Its all good. :)

Like I said before, I enjoy hearing what our listeners think. :)

DJ Makto

Great news folks! The new Avatar Nation website is now live!

Check it out at http://avatar-nation.net

There are lots of new features, with more to come soon!

ExLibrisMortis

Ikran Ahiyìk

DJ Makto

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on May 22, 2011, 12:28:47 AM
Finished listening. Great :D

Thanks for the feedback, we love hearing from our listeners. :)

Hopefully we shall have episode 4 done and published in about 2 weeks or so. (Hoping we don't run into technical difficulties again) ;)

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Speaking of EP4, I won't be able to record this Sunday because I will be coming back from the east coast. Sorry :(

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

DJ Makto

Good news! Episode 3 of Avatar Nation is now available for download on iTunes.

ExLibrisMortis

Avatar Nation is planning to be at the Seattle meetup! We will be doing a special show there, LIVE!! Anyone that's there can be a member of the show with us!

DJ Makto

Episode 4: The countdown to the Seattle meetup is now available for download via the following sources:

Podomatic
iTunes

Enjoy!

Special Note: Due to bandwidth issues with our current podcast host (Podomatic) we have had to temporarily remove older episodes from Podomatic and iTunes. All of older episodes are still available in the archive section of the Avatar-Nation website.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

So I guess we're back from our break? Would have been nice to know.....

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

DJ Makto

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on June 29, 2011, 09:56:35 PM
So I guess we're back from our break? Would have been nice to know.....

-Txonä Rolyu

Not quite, this was basically a mini-episode featuring the interview with Prrton and some of the latest Avatar news. We are technically on "break" still. ;)

Sent a PM with more details to you.

Plumps

Definitely interesting to listen to! :)
Always nice to get to know people of the community and one hears that you guys have a great time and enjoy what you are doing. Makes a fun listening session :D

And it's good to see the promotion for the Seatle Meet Up. Wish I could be there.

So, all in all: thanks for your continuing efforts!

DJ Makto

Quote from: Plumps on June 30, 2011, 02:39:58 AM
Definitely interesting to listen to! :)
Always nice to get to know people of the community and one hears that you guys have a great time and enjoy what you are doing. Makes a fun listening session :D

And it's good to see the promotion for the Seatle Meet Up. Wish I could be there.

So, all in all: thanks for your continuing efforts!

Cheers, we will be doing a "live" episode on location in Seattle--all for the benefit of those who could not make it to the meetup. ;)