Avatar 2 - spekulacje i dyskusja

Started by Pxemìswa, January 27, 2010, 11:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eltusiyu

Quote from: Pxemìswa on March 15, 2010, 01:53:52 AM
Fajniej by brzmiało (bo tytuł "Na'Vi" brzmi cokolwiek nie za bardzo), gdyby dał zamiast 'Avatar' nowe imię Jake'a (które na pewno przyjął). Skoro tak bardzo upiera się na zmianę tytułu...

Ale bardziej oponuję za tym by tytuł "Avatar" pozostał. Dlaczego? Otóż pomimo tego, ze Omaticaya przyjęli Jake'a, jest jednym z Na'Vi (i prawdopodobnie liderem klanu), to pod względem biologicznym wciąż jest Avatarem - mieszańcem Na'Vi i człowieka. O właśnie chyba odkryłem nowe przesłanie Avatar - "tolerancja"  8)

Hmmm. Co do zmiany tytułu to mi nie przeszkadza :)
"Tolerancja" rzeczywiście pasuje :P

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Eywayä tsmukan

Byle nie było tytułu Avatar 2. Jest straszliwie banalny.

"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."

Na'Vi Polish Compendium v.1.2

Kxamìl

Wątpię żeby Cameron dał taki tytuł. Przecież powiedział, że w dwójce Jake nie jest już avatarem tylko Na'vi. Wiec dlatego nazwa będzie musiała być inna.
Ke'u ngay ke lu, fra'u letsunslu lu.

Livu mì fpom.

Eltusiyu

QuoteSam Worthington , gwiazda filmu "Avatar" przewiduje, że powstać może nie tylko jeden sequel tego przebojowego obrazu, ale nawet kilka kolejnych części. Aktor zdradza także, że choć podpisał już intratne kontrakty na role w kilku sequelach przeboju, to z Jamesem Cameronem jest w stanie pracować nawet za "wiadro ryb".

- Coraz bardziej wydaje mi się, że będą "Avatar 3, 4 i 5" - mówi aktor w jednym z udzielonych wywiadów i dodaje: - Powstaną one jednak tylko wtedy, kiedy Jim [Cameron] rzeczywiście postawi sobie takie wzywanie. To nie jest człowiek, który osiada na laurach. Jeśli uzna, że będzie to dla niego wyzwanie, a przy okazji będzie mógł dokonać jakiejś rewolucji, to kilka sequeli na pewno powstanie.

Aktor zdradza także, że choć żadne oficjalne decyzje w sprawie kolejnych odcinków "Avatara" nie zostały jeszcze podjęte, on zgodził się na udział w kilku sequelach tego filmu podczas podpisywania umowy na rolę w oryginale. Kontrakt przewiduje dla niego dość solidną gażę, ale Worthington zapewnia, że za możliwość pracy z Cameronem jest gotów wziąć nawet "wiadro ryb".

Źródło: www.stopklatka.pl

Kxamìl

Według mnie Cameron nie powinien przesadzać z częściami Avatara. Mi wystarczy tylko jak nakręci jeszcze te dwie części by powstała trylogia.
Ke'u ngay ke lu, fra'u letsunslu lu.

Livu mì fpom.

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

mogło by się skończyć na jednej. w końcu zakończenie jest.

Thorinbur

Do powstania Sequela jeszcze daleko, ale Cameron już ma kilka dobrych pomysłów. Jak widać po poniższym teaserze fabuła będzie dużo bardziej skomplikowana. Wprowadzone zostaną również nowe postacie. Zresztą obraz wart jest więcej niż 1000 słów a zatem:

oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Eltusiyu

:D:D:D Dobre :P
W sumie złe by nie było jak by nakręcili parodie Avatara coś na styl "Strasznych Filmów" :P

Mato

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on March 26, 2010, 01:11:44 AM
W sumie złe by nie było jak by nakręcili parodie Avatara coś na styl "Strasznych Filmów" :P

To raczej nie ulega wątpliwości, że takowe powstaną :)
"In ancient times, the land lay covered in forests, where, from ages long past, dwelt the spirits of the gods. Back then, man and beast lived in harmony, but as time went by, most of the great forests were destroyed. Those that remained were guarded by gigantic beasts who owed their allegiances to the Great Forest Spirit, for those were the days of gods and of demons."

Kredke

Quote from: Mato on March 26, 2010, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: Kxrekorikus on March 26, 2010, 01:11:44 AM

To raczej nie ulega wątpliwości, że takowe powstaną :)

Tylko żeby to była jakaś sensowna parodia, a nie coś w stylu "Meet the Spartans" (gdzie poczatek jescze dawal rade ale im pozniej tym gorzej)
Luke, ipse sum pater tuus!

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

QuoteAvatar 2 Trailer - Hungry Beast
QuoteTylko żeby to była jakaś sensowna parodia, a nie coś w stylu "Meet the Spartans" (gdzie poczatek jescze dawal rade ale im pozniej tym gorzej)
widząc motyw z Dark Vaderem , chyba niczego innego nie można się spodziewać.  głupie do cna :-\

przedobrzyłem trochę ;D

Pxemìswa

Pxemìswa

Sorki za post pod postem:

Dość soczysty wywiad z Jonem Landau, współproducentem Avatara. O sequelu, DVD i innych ciekawych sprawach. Proszę o przetłumaczenie, jakoś nie mam dziś do tego głowy ;)

As James Cameron's producing partner, Jon Landau knows exactly what goes into making one of the director's epic films, as he was there for every aspect of Titanic and Avatar, which has become the highest grossing film of all time.

With Avatar scheduled for release on Blu-ray and DVD to coincide with Earth Day (April 22nd), Jon Landau spoke to the press about the decision to put out a film-only version now, and then a special edition with extensive extras in the Fall. He also talked about the Oscar experience, the desire to make a sequel, and that their possible next project will be Battle Angel, which was put on hold to get Avatar finished first.

Q: How was your experience with the Oscars? What was it like to go through everything running up to that?

Jon: I think the awards season has become much too drawn out. It's no longer about a celebration of movies. It's about running a campaign, which I think is not good for the industry. For me, if we look at Oscar night itself, while I was certainly hoping that we might capture a Best Picture, what really disappointed me was that our sound team didn't win the Oscar and that our editors didn't win the Oscar. We are here, standing on their shoulders. It's about the work of our crew. Jim [Cameron] gets the accolades. I get some of the accolades. They don't. That was their night to shine, and I think they were the ones that were deserving of those technical awards that night.

Q: If you had to do it over again, would you do anything different?

Jon: If I had to do it over again, I would probably participate in less of the award shows, in between the nominations and the Oscars. We are the ones that give weight to these shows. When we went through with Titanic, and were lucky enough to do that, the Broadcast Critics wasn't televised. Suddenly, it's a televised event. The BAFTAs were after the Oscars, now they're before the Oscars. It was so draining, on both Jim and I, physically. Jim went to the Writer's Guild award show, that was over at 8 o'clock at night, raced to a plane, flew to London, got off the plane, raced to the hotel, had just enough time to get dressed and then went to the BAFTA Awards. It's too much.

Q: The title of the #1 highest grossing film of all time must be a good consolation prize, right?

Jon: Absolutely! For us, that's the vote that we wanted. The box office is about people's acceptance of the movie. It's not about the dollars and cents. It's about that fact that, in almost every country around the world, we're #1 or #2 in the all-time box office. This is not a movie that has come out and played in Europe, but not in Asia, or Latin America, but not in North America or Africa. This has played globally, around the world, and it has reached people. That is a bigger reward than any gold statue can be.

Q: Do you think the lack of a win came from a fear of the new technology?

Jon: I think the biggest possibility is that the Academy truly did not understand how the movie was made. I don't think they understood that these were actors playing these parts. What we are doing with this process is not replacing the actor, but truly enabling them to play characters that they could not otherwise play. We see it, down the road, as prolonging careers and not eliminating job opportunities.

One of the trade papers said, "Well, of course Avatar didn't get nominated for costumes because it was all created digitally." Yeah, but someone had to design it. The award doesn't say Best Manufacturing of Costumes, it says Best Costume Design. We had Deborah Scott and Mayes Rubeo design the costumes, but the Academy and the voters didn't understand that. I spoke to a truly world-renowned cinematographer who said, "You guys should not have won for production design because half of it was digital." Someone has got to design and create that, and have a creative understanding of what goes into it. People use different tools. That would be like saying a movie shouldn't win cinematography because it was shot digitally and not on film.

I think it was more a naivete. I think we were a little ahead of the curve. Because of how we approached things, we wanted to keep the wizard behind the curtain and not be out in front and say, "Okay, the movie's coming out and here's how we did it." We wanted to let people discover the movie, and then talk about how we did it, which was a little bit late in the game. I also think that we were not prepared to fight a dirty campaign, while others were out there saying, "Well, you can do anything with money. You can do anything with special effects. You can do anything in four years." But, look, the movie cost a lot because the script called for it. It is no harder to make a compelling, emotional story for $10 million than it is to do that with $100 million.

Q: Now that people do know some of what went into it and it's been so successful, what do you think the Academy will think, the next time around?

Jon: I think the Academy has to discover themselves in this 21st century, in terms of what their role is going to be, and I don't think they've quite done that yet.

Q: Have you gotten any backlash from the military?

Jon: It's interesting, we got backlash from certain quadrants of the military until they really understood our perspective on it. We explained to them that, truly, the only military person in the movie is the lead. He's the only one who wears the Marine fallen anchor. He's the moral compass of the movie. He's the one who doesn't follow orders blindly. He's the one who makes the right moral decisions. And, Michelle Rodriguez's character chooses not to do what she thinks is wrong. The troops that are there are really more Blackwater than they are military. We view this as honoring the military. It's so funny that these people criticized the movie when Jim historically has placed the military up on a pedestal, from True Lies, where they come in with the Harrier jets to save the day, to the Marines in Aliens, and so on.

We also went out on a Navy Entertainment Tour, where we took the movie to the Persian Gulf and screened it on the hanger deck of an aircraft character, and we screened it on a military base in Djibouti, and we screened it at a military base in Bahrain, and those people saw something totally different. We screened for the commander of the USS Eisenhower, which is a nuclear aircraft carrier, on the eve before they went to Afghanistan. I was forwarded an email, a couple weeks after we were there, from our First Assistant Director who had been forwarded the email from a friend of his that was a relative of the commanding officer, and the commanding officer talked about what it meant to see the movie on the eve of going into battle, and how it reminded them of how they have to act when they go into battle, and how inspirational the movie was for him and the 5,000 Navy personnel on the ship. That just happened to circle back to us.

Q: How has the theme of Avatar changed, since its conception? Since there were a lot of people who didn't grasp the political messages that James intended in the movie, did the meaning of the movie change at all?

Jon: No. Those themes were always there. People see in things what they want to see in them. I know they were there because the studio tried to get us to take them out. But, it's hard. Sometimes it doesn't translate when you read something on the page to when you see it up on the screen. That's why there's a difference between what we do and what the studio executives do, or between what we do and what the marketing people do. We have to be the ones who can see what's on the written page and envision it.

Q: How do you think Blu-ray versus DVD sales will be?

Jon: I think that you'll see a continuing trend for what we saw in the theaters for Avatar. People sought out the premium experience. They chose to go to IMAX. They chose to go to the digital screens. I think you'll see people turning to Blu-ray at a greater percentage on this movie than any before.

Q: What is the thought process behind launching the movie-only version on Blu-ray and DVD now, as opposed to waiting and putting out a special edition with extras?

Jon: We chose the two-tiered approach for a couple of different reasons. One, there's a demand for the content now, by the public. The public wants to be able to go back, at their leisure, and return to Pandora. It's like people wanting to listen to music, over and over again. Why do we do that? Because we get something out of it, emotionally. There's no reason you can't do the same thing with a cinematic experience. People want it now. Practically, we could not deliver the add-value content at the quality we want to deliver it at now. It would just suffer, and we'd come out with an inferior product. Two, whatever we put on the disc that is not just the movie, takes away from the quality of the presentation of the movie. You're limited. You can only have so much storage data on a disc. Blu-ray is great, but we wanted to make sure it was the best possible presentation. That's what we focused on with both the Blu-ray and the DVD release.

Q: Can you give more details about what extras will be on the special edition Blu-ray and DVD that is coming out in November?

Jon: We're going to create a documentary that we call "A Filmmaker's Journey," that really chronicles the odyssey of the making of the movie, over a four and a half year period of time, through a lot of interviews and behind-the-scenes material. It will really be an in-depth exploration. And, I think we're going to make available behind-the-scenes how-tos to show how some of the visual effects were created and how that works, and allow people the opportunity, as their watching the movie, to branch to lower levels of visual effects, going back to reference cameras. I think we'll have deleted scenes available, most likely for branching. It's very hard with Jim Cameron, at this point in his career, to say that what is out there is not the director's cut.

Q: Do you feel pressured to top this for the sequel?

Jon: I don't think we ever look at topping ourselves. We look at our movies like you look at children. You don't necessarily have a favorite child, but you want each child to be the best that they can be. No matter what project we attack, and let's say it's an Avatar sequel, that movie has to stand on its own merits and warrant being made. If you look back at Jim, who has done two sequels in his life, I would argue that both times he's done that, he's done better versions than the first time because he will only do them if that movie makes sense, not because they're received well.

Q: Some of the actors have said that Jim would give them ideas for a possible sequel while they were filming the first film. So, at what point did you start thinking about a possible sequel?

Jon: A sequel always lurks in the back of your mind. Any stories the cast tell you about talk of sequels while we were making the first film are exaggerated. It would have been more like, "Boy, that would be a fun thing to put into a sequel. We'll do that." It would have just been on the spur of the moment, and not any real in-depth thinking. We said, "We don't want to think about a sequel until we see if the public wants to think about it." We really tried not to do that.

Q: When would you want to start work on a sequel?

Jon: The release date is 20-something. Sometime this century. That I guarantee you.

Q: Did the studio start pushing for a sequel right away?

Jon: You know enough about James to know that James isn't going to be pushed into doing something. The studio wants us to do it, and we want to do it, but we want to do it right. We want to go in with all eyes open, and with the studio's eyes open. We want to make sure that we have a story that justifies a commitment of two plus years of our time and a big emotional investment.

Q: How do you feel you've changed the film industry, in terms of creativity and artistry?

Jon: What Avatar has done is that, by embracing technology to tell a story that could not otherwise be told, we have opened a crack in the door for other filmmakers to tell stories that also couldn't be told. No longer do we have to limit to what is possible, but anything is possible, whether it's from the great pages of literature or the great imaginations of filmmakers today. That door is cracked open now. Enter it and make this process whatever you want it to become.

Q: Now that you've cracked it, do you think the critics of it will eventually accept it?

Jon: I think that's going to take time. People growing up in the video game age, the younger generation, accepts it before the older generation until, all of a sudden, the younger generation is the older generation. I don't really know. But, it's funny because it has scared people a little bit. When they were looking at other performance capture in the past, they were more willing to embrace it because it wasn't as real. And then, all of a sudden, there was a confusion. We got nominated by one big body for Best Make-Up, but it wasn't Best Design, it was Best Application of Make-Up. We didn't apply make-up, but I don't think they understood that. So, it's going to take time. But, audiences don't care. Audiences care how you do something, as long as you engage them and move them somehow, emotionally.

Q: If you're not going to do a sequel immediately, is there something else that you're looking to do next?

Jon: If we learned about three months from now that the sequel wasn't going to happen immediately, we would jump into a project like Battle Angel Alita, or a project like The Dive. One of those two.

Q: Originally, you were going to do Battle Angel before Avatar came out. What changed that for you?

Jon: I think that the script never got to a level that was 100% of the way there. And then, when the idea of doing Avatar resurfaced, we looked at what movie would benefit the other movie more, by coming first. A lot of them use some of the same technologies, and we felt that Avatar would have a greater impact on making Battle Angel easier, rather than the other way around.

AVATAR on Blu-Ray and DVD April 22nd

Źródło: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8863:interview-avatar-producer-jon-landau-says-cast-stories-about-a-sequel-are-greatly-exaggerated&catid=44:interviews&Itemid=172

rodrygo

Dziś rano wysłuchałem w pewnej rozgłośni, że Avatar 2 będzie kręcony w parku w Chorzowie. Ładnie tam i są dinozaury.
szkoda tylko że dziś 1.04  8)

Kredke

Quote from: rodrygo on April 01, 2010, 01:27:16 PM
Dziś rano wysłuchałem w pewnej rozgłośni, że Avatar 2 będzie kręcony w parku w Chorzowie. Ładnie tam i są dinozaury.

Heh, juz szybciej bym sie nabrał gdyby powiedziano ze beda to lasy puszczy bialowieskiej - szczgolnie ze to tam krecono troche scen Opowiesci z Narnii (szczegolnie ksiecia kaspiana - tu juz wiecej scen) - tak te piekny las z filmu jest w polsce:).

Eltusiyu

:P Avatar 2 hmmm
Ktoś za dużo wypił...

Quote from: Kredke on April 01, 2010, 03:38:47 PM
Heh, juz szybciej bym sie nabrał gdyby powiedziano ze beda to lasy puszczy bialowieskiej - szczgolnie ze to tam krecono troche scen Opowiesci z Narnii (szczegolnie ksiecia kaspiana - tu juz wiecej scen) - tak te piekny las z filmu jest w polsce:).
Racja

Kxortelung

Quote from: Kredke on April 01, 2010, 03:38:47 PM
To zależy co by tam nagrywać.  :) Jeśli chodzi o sceny odbywające się na terenach zniszczonych przez ludzi, to Górny Śląsk doskonale się do tego nadaje.  ;D

Kredke

To zależy co by tam nagrywać.  :) Jeśli chodzi o sceny odbywające się na terenach zniszczonych przez ludzi, to Górny Śląsk doskonale się do tego nadaje.  ;D
[/quote]

Do tego bym wybrał zniszczony las w sudetach.

Link: http://pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Plik:Gory_sowie_-_forest.jpg&filetimestamp=20050304190944

Górny Śląsk jeszcze kilkanaście lat temu owszem by się nadawał - miał nawet wiszące góry w powietrzu - szkoda tylko ze to była siarka :)

Teylu

Idąc tym tropem można by kręcić w kopalni odkrywkowej w Bełchatowie

http://pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Plik:Be%C5%82chat%C3%B3w_Ha%C5%82da.JPG&filetimestamp=20080224131852

Miejsce do złudzenia przypomina kopalnię na Pandorze  ;D

Eltusiyu

James Cameron ujawnił, że w drugiej części "Avatara" zamierza zejść pod wodę. Kontynuacja przeboju wszech czasów będzie się rozgrywać w wodach oceanu księżyca Pandora.

Jeszcze w październiku mówiło się, że akcja "Avatara 2" miałaby się przenieść na inną planetę systemu Alfa Centauri. Teraz Cameron zmienił zdanie - wycieczka do innych odległych krain czeka nas dopiero w 'trójce'.

Reżyser jest w doskonałej sytuacji. Fenomenalne wyniki finansowe pierwszego "Avatara" sprawiły, że producenci zgodzą się na jego każdy, nawet najbardziej szalony pomysł.

Na razie nie wiadomo, kiedy rozpoczną się prace nad sequelem.

Źródło: www.filmweb.pl