AvatarMeet 2013 Pictures (and Videos)

Started by Ftiafpi, July 31, 2013, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Well, considering it "says" it uploaded a 6 GB zip file in less than 30 seconds I'm going to assume it didn't work. I'll upload the videos one at a time. :) Let me know if you got them.

Javik

sorry, late to the party here, never did register for a learn navi account in all these years. i did post up a link to the pictures i took at the meetup on ToS, and a lot of you all have seen it, but ill drop it here for those who do not frequent ToS!

Quote from: Leonopteryxhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/61294640@N05/sets/
here is all the pictures i took, organized by location! enjoy!
Flickr isnt showing things in order, so it may seem jumbled to you, unfortunately, I cannot fix that.

(P.S. im not a very good photographer)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Zola'u nìprrte', ma oeyä 'eylan!. Welcome to LearnNavi!

I'm trying to place who you were at the meetup. There were a number of new folk there I had never met before.

This reminds me I need to get some of my pictures posted!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Javik

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 07, 2013, 11:12:49 PM

I'm trying to place who you were at the meetup. There were a number of new folk there I had never met before.

I was one of those people carrying around a dSLR that wasn't mikko, or yasu (or you, for that matter!)
I also didn't wear my name badge very much (whoops), but as you can see, my ToS username is Leonopteryx, but you should know me better by peter.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Javik on August 08, 2013, 07:37:26 AM

I was one of those people carrying around a dSLR that wasn't mikko, or yasu (or you, for that matter!)
I also didn't wear my name badge very much (whoops), but as you can see, my ToS username is Leonopteryx, but you should know me better by peter.

Happy to see you here ma Peter. Definitely glad to see the pictures, too. This reminds me that I should take a look at the ToS AvatarMeet 2013 topic now that I've registered for that forum, too.

Alan

You know this is sooooo great!  It is so easy for different fan forums following the same subject to become rivals and things to go soar.

But not in the Avatar fan community.  Well certainly not from what I have seen in my experience.  Long may that continue!  We may be different clans, but we are all one community.  It seems we echo the film story by our own collective actions.  I guess that is just how deep it runs in us...

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Javik on August 08, 2013, 07:37:26 AM

Ah, I remember you now!

Cool ToS username, as well!

Yawey ngahu!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Alan on August 08, 2013, 03:04:11 PM
You know this is sooooo great!  It is so easy for different fan forums following the same subject to become rivals and things to go soar.

But not in the Avatar fan community.  Well certainly not from what I have seen in my experience.  Long may that continue!  We may be different clans, but we are all one community.  It seems we echo the film story by our own collective actions.  I guess that is just how deep it runs in us...

Alan

Couldn't agree more. I definitely enjoyed meeting our brothers and sisters from the Tree of Souls clan.

Also, it's good that learnnavi.org is the clearly the best, otherwise we might have rivalries. ;) FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!   Kiss, kiss :p

(rooster teeth podcast joke there)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 09, 2013, 03:28:21 PM
Couldn't agree more. I definitely enjoyed meeting our brothers and sisters from the Tree of Souls clan.

Also, it's good that learnnavi.org is the clearly the best, otherwise we might have rivalries. ;) FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!   Kiss, kiss :p

(rooster teeth podcast joke there)

ooOOoooo!  Exo-packs at fifty paces then!  Hehehe

Alan

Eywayä tìmwiä

All of this is so amazing! Hopefully I can make it to Avatar Meet 2014  :P

Alan

Aye, and I think there are still some more photos to come too ;)

Well we have a year to save for the next meet up.  Would be great if you can join the rest of the clan.

Alan

Eywayä tìmwiä

Yay! I am super looking forward to joining the clan at the next AvatarMeet  :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 19, 2013, 09:57:53 AM
All of this is so amazing! Hopefully I can make it to Avatar Meet 2014  :P
Quote from: Eywayä tìmwiä on August 19, 2013, 06:00:41 PM
Yay! I am super looking forward to joining the clan at the next AvatarMeet  :P

^^ Totally this.

OMG I'm so mad I didn't get to go. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THEEERRREEEE

Ò______________________Ó

O well. Next time. FOR REAL THIS TIME. -.- D;

Tìtstewan

Don't worry, I also would been there. I really really hope to do a journey to the US/next AvatarMeet.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Ok, well, that's at least three for AvatarMeet 2014 then!  Cool.

*Alan shouts to rest of planning team..."Oi! We got a crowd gathering!"   ;D

Alan

Blue Elf

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 01, 2013, 03:52:45 AM
Nice pictures! Pity that America is so far from my place...
But - I can't see my ikran I've sent there by Ikxeru! Was it shown there? Any photos? Ma Ikxeru ?!?!
So, my first ikran reached USA :) But too late for this year... :(
It is directed to stay there until next meetup, so there's chance you'll see him next year. If there's any geocacher who wants to attend next AvatarMeet, try to catch him (no problem for me if you retrieve him and keep him until meeting).
No geocacher here? Become one!  :)
I'd be more than happy if someone bring my ikran to meetup. Help him to fulfill his task.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3242544
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

DJ Makto

Quote from: Blue Elf on August 21, 2013, 02:53:20 PM
Quote from: Blue Elf on August 01, 2013, 03:52:45 AM
Nice pictures! Pity that America is so far from my place...
But - I can't see my ikran I've sent there by Ikxeru! Was it shown there? Any photos? Ma Ikxeru ?!?!
So, my first ikran reached USA :) But too late for this year... :(
It is directed to stay there until next meetup, so there's chance you'll see him next year. If there's any geocacher who wants to attend next AvatarMeet, try to catch him (no problem for me if you retrieve him and keep him until meeting).
No geocacher here? Become one!  :)
I'd be more than happy if someone bring my ikran to meetup. Help him to fulfill his task.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3242544

As the current caretaker of the Ikran I can assure you that he is safe (needs a name?) and a active participant in the planning of Avatar Meet 2014, I have even attached photo proof:

Both he and I are looking forward coming to the next meetup!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I at least saw your ikran, and may have photographed him as well. At least we know who has him, now.

And HOPEFULLY, I will be there next year. A lot depends on location, and if I am going to Worldcon in London-- and if my right leg doesn't fall off ;)  (It is actually much better now.)

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Well ma Blue Elf, we have video evidence of the handover ceremony from Ikxeru to DJ. ;). In fact I was watching it tonight as I'm getting ready to start editing the camping part of the meet up.  All will be revealed!

By the way, you are coming to the next meet up...right. ;)

Alan