AvatarMeet 2013 Pictures (and Videos)

Started by Ftiafpi, July 31, 2013, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Quote from: DJ Makto on August 21, 2013, 03:40:12 PM
As the current caretaker of the Ikran I can assure you that he is safe (needs a name?) and a active participant in the planning of Avatar Meet 2014, I have even attached photo proof:
Great! So if Eywa stand with us, two ikrans will fly to next meeting :)
I called that one you are holding just Seze, but you can propose different name you like :) In the movie we didn't hear any other name of ikran, I'm afraid...
QuoteWell ma Blue Elf, we have video evidence of the handover ceremony from Ikxeru to DJ. Wink. In fact I was watching it tonight as I'm getting ready to start editing the camping part of the meet up.  All will be revealed!
Can't wait to see it :) I'm looking forward very much.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

I finally made it on here! Life has been crazy for me since the meetup: new job, getting ready to move, etc. I'll be posting some of my pics on here in a bit when things get settled. I'm also in the midst of gathering all of the meetup photos for the scrapbook. The ones I've seen on here are excellent.  :)

And, Ftiafpi, in the first series of pictures you posted there's one that says Sarah in her Avatar. That was actually me. You know, the skxawng, that forgot her wig and tail?  :-[
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo) on September 02, 2013, 10:54:27 AM
I finally made it on here! Life has been crazy for me since the meetup: new job, getting ready to move, etc. I'll be posting some of my pics on here in a bit when things get settled. I'm also in the midst of gathering all of the meetup photos for the scrapbook. The ones I've seen on here are excellent.  :)

And, Ftiafpi, in the first series of pictures you posted there's one that says Sarah in her Avatar. That was actually me. You know, the skxawng, that forgot her wig and tail?  :-[

Hooray! I really need to post more on ToS now that I have an account there as well. I enjoyed meeting you at the meetup immensely.

Whoops! Sorry about the mixup, of course that's you. FIXED! You did a fantastic job on the cosplay and I honestly didn't even notice the lack of tail and thought the hair color choice was a personal preference. :)

Alan

Quote from: Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo) on September 02, 2013, 10:54:27 AM

Heyyyy.... Kaltxì ma Fiyerwall. :). Hope things are going well in your new job and home.  Can't wait to see some more piccies.

Editing the video is underway, as are the Na'vi class 102 videos too.  Sorry for the wait.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I finally got my pictures downloaded, and hope to be posting some soon! There are some nice shots in there, that I think everyone will enjoy.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Ooo...can't wait.  *Alan dances on the spot all excited....

Alan  :D

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Kaltxi! I'm finally moved in, but still have a bit of unpacking to do. As soon as I can get to them, I'm going to post some of my pics on here. I didn't take as many as I usually do, but I think that was because we had so many photographers there this year. 

I've already started compiling photos and as soon as I finish that, the scrapbook choosing ceremony will begin!  :D
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Sìkat

After learning the ropes on Adobe Lightroom 5, I'm in the process of reuploading my pictures.  Quite a few GB worth, and it's slow going even on a 25/25 Verizon FiOS connection.

Photos are in the same place: http://navi.scottcomstock.com/gallery

The limitations of my Nikon CoolPix P80 were made painfully clear to me over the course of the meetup, but next year I'm bringing a Nikon D3100, a proper DSLR.  I'm still waiting for my capture clips to arrive ;)

Shoot me a PM or email (scott -AT- scottcomstock DOT com) if you're in a pic and would like it taken down, or if you'd like an unwatermarked, full-resolution copy of a photograph.

Photos are licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, unless an alternative license is negotiated with me.

Ftiafpi

Some great pictures, to be sure. 8) I enjoyed seeing everyone again. :)

Alan

Kaltxì ma ayeylan,

After what seems too long, here is the first of the meet up videos from AvatarMeet 2013.  :D

This video covers the first part of the event that took place in Washington DC where the 'Avatar Driver Trainees' took in numerous training establishments centered around The Mall as well as Washington Zoo.  So sit back and enjoy the ride with your aysmuke sì aysmukan.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti! Very nicely done and edited. You have a job here if you ever decided to move to the 'States!

The opening was very 'Masterpiece theater-ish'. It was not what I was expecting, and added a very profesional touch to this video. Will you be usning this on the other installments?

I like your comments about using thanator dung as insect repellant. Prolemuris dung works even better, and the prolemurises there would even throw it at you ;)

Yawey ngahu!

Sìkat

Alan

Irayo ma tsmukan for your compliments.  Glad you liked it.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 11, 2013, 03:44:18 PM
Will you be usning this on the other installments?
Might be ;).

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 11, 2013, 03:44:18 PMI like your comments about using thanator dung as insect repellant. Prolemuris dung works even better, and the prolemurises there would even throw it at you ;)
Hehehe.  Remind me to take an umbrella with me to Pandora ;)

Alan

Tìtstewan

That video is indeed awesome! I've stole it and put it also in the German section. 8)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 11, 2013, 04:52:21 PM
That video is indeed awesome! I've stole it and put it also in the German section. 8)

Irayo.  No problem  :)

Alan

Alan

Kaltxi ma frapo  :D

Well, here's the next video from AvatarMeet 2013!

After our initial meet up in Washington DC the Clan headed out into the Pandoran forest, waaaaayyyy up in the mountains.  Although it is more locally known as the Shenandoah National Park.  The Camp site where we stayed was called Big Meadows and was an excellent place to stay.

In this video we start our journey with a musical road trip before gathering all together again.  We get to take in the first night of the camp before heading out to the Unobtainium mine on the following day.  To round off the afternoon we have a Na'vi Class 101 refresher that is given by our Karyu Pawl.  Enjoy.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Tìtstewan

And this video is awesome as well! Interesting lession you all did there with Pawl! :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Uhhhhh....

:(

EDIT: Nevermind, that only applies to mobile. Still tho. :(

DOUBLE EDIT: Yet another fantastic well-done video! Tsari irayo :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan nìmun! Another great video that showcases an event that (despite my bad hip) is filled with good times and pleasant memories! I really liked the amount of coverage you gave to the Na'vi lesson on Friday afternoon. The two Na'vi lessons were high points of this event for me.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Irayo ma frapo for your comments.  Much appreciated.

Still two more to get posted ;)

Alan