AvatarMeet 2013 Pictures (and Videos)

Started by Ftiafpi, July 31, 2013, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyanRachel

Irayo, Alan, for posting these videos! Looking forward to watching them so I can feel like I was there.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

You were missed ma tsmuke and of course you did very much contribute by doing the irayo card for Paul and John.

You're coming to the next one though - even if I have to get my ikran to fly you there ;)

Alan

Alan

Kaltxì ma frapo,

Well, time for another video from AvatarMeet 2013.  This one covers the Saturday of the meet up, which ended up being a bit of a monsoon day!  However, that did not matter as we were inside for most of the day getting our Na'vi lesson Class 102 from Karyu Pawl to whom we owe a massive irayo nìtxan.  We also watched a few Avatar related videos and received a special message ;) before settling down to watch Avatar and enjoy some quality clan time together.  Enjoy.

Remember if you would like to see the Na'vi lesson videos they are available on Karyu Pawl's blog: http://naviteri.org/

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti nang!! A great job, as usual. Now, I know what everyone did while I was away getting my hip attended to. Sometimes, rainy days that interfere with otherwise planned activities ca be the best days!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

Whoooo!! That video is great! Irayo! :D
Meh, I wish, I were there...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Irayo ma aysmukan :D

Well there is always next year ;)  I think we have about 9 or 10 months to save up for it.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And I hear the Avatar museum exhibit will be back in Seattle next summer. I can think of worse places for a meetup :) .... (Great Basin National Park would still be a swell place, and I am still researching it.)

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Oooo....its going back to Seattle!  Well how about that.  I must admit that of the places I've have the privilege of visiting in the US Seattle is my most favourite place.

Alan

Alan

And finally....

This last of the meet up videos from AvatarMeet 2013 that covers cosplay day on the Sunday!  The Big Meadows site in the Shenandoah National Park provided the ideal backdrop for our Avatar drivers to go exploring.  It was great to share our Avatar enthusiasm with the people we met along the way as you will see.  But sooner or later you have to wake up and wait for the next meet up...

In the meantime enjoy the ride with us:

If you would like to view any of the meet up videos from this meet up or the one in 2012, visit the You Tube channel below to immerse yourself with your Avatar family:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AvatarMeet/videos

Eywa ngahu frakrr,

Alan

Tìtstewan

Awesome! Just awesome! :D :D :D
*posted in the German section too*

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan nìwotx, ma oeyä 'eylan! Excellent as usual! I know now why you were all gone so long in the gorge!

I also liked that 'sucessive highlight' feature on the end credits. I will have to get our production folks to try that in one of our shows.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Irayo Tìtstewan sì 'Elyan Ayfalulululukanä :)

Glad you like the last of the AvatarMeet 2013 videos.  Ahh, the pineapple picture at the end was taken by Mikko, I kinda changed the Norwegian Air logo slightly ;). Hehehe.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Alan on November 02, 2013, 12:10:54 PM
Irayo Tìtstewan sì 'Elyan Ayfalulululukanä :)

Glad you like the last of the AvatarMeet 2013 videos.  Ahh, the pineapple picture at the end was taken by Mikko, I kinda changed the Norwegian Air logo slightly ;). Hehehe.

Alan

Maybe this is a dangerous question to ask: Is the pineapple scheduled to make a return appearance? ::)

Yawey ngahu!

Blue Elf

Well, this third video is one I wanted to see most - finally my ikran appeared among the people! Thank you especially for this part, now I can say I was there too :) Take care about him well!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Alan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 02, 2013, 02:07:38 PM
Maybe this is a dangerous question to ask: Is the pineapple scheduled to make a return appearance? ::)

Maybe...and...maybe ;)

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 02, 2013, 03:09:39 PM
Well, this third video is one I wanted to see most - finally my ikran appeared among the people! Thank you especially for this part, now I can say I was there too :) Take care about him well!

Yay!  Irayo for your Ikran and a great idea. :)  Maybe we ought to get a passport for it?  I'm sure DJ Makto will take good care of Mr Ikran for the next meet up.

Alan

CyanRachel

Irayo, Alan, for posting Parts 2 & 3 of the AvatarMeet videos! Loved watching them, and esp seeing the special video message from Jon Landau! How awesome was that!  :D
A BIG Irayo to Jon Landau and Lightstorm for their support of our fandom and AvatarMeet -- it's really great!  :)

I'm so definitely planning on attending next year's AvatarMeet...hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to be there, and make up for my absence from this year's meetup.  ;)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Sarah Noel

Watched through the videos in their entirety just now, great job as always Alan. I was particularly impressed with that desk thing you animated, that was used to transition between scenes.

Alan

Kaltxi ma aysmuke :D

@ ma CyanRachel - Glad you liked the videos.  It was a real shame you could not make it to this one.  You were missed.  I'll definitely make sure you come to the next one ;)

Yeah it was a wonderful suprise for the clan to have a message from Jon Landau to the whole community.  They really appreciate the Avatar fan community.  I must record a massive Irayo to Jon and Kathy and the rest of the Lightstorm team for allowing us to use Jon's video message in our meet up videos.

@ ma Sarah - Irayo.  It must have taken a while to watch through them all in one go, but probably the best way to relive it all.  For me it has been like I never left you all as I have been able to see everyone again and again whilst editing.  I have been really lucky in that respect...now its done I'm missing everyone... :(

The desk thing at the beginning of the video was fun to do.  I needed something different to the Na'vi hand from last year's meet up video and that is what eventually evolved.  I did go a little extreme on the unobtainium tray.  Take a look at the original from the film:

Now here is the one I modelled:

I kinda went a bit over board with the detail which you don't actually see - what a numpty!  The picture below is the 3D model on the table, again with stuff in it that you don't see like the chair, which I didn't model - it came with Cinema 4D which is the toy...errr..I mean tool I use to do the fun stuff:

So there you go a little behind the scene stuff for a bit of fun.  If anyone has any ideas for the next meet up videos I'm all ears!

Kiyevame,

Alan

muplazy8

Want to know why you have so much talent here. I want to do the things you do not. Since it is difficult.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Well, just think about this: 15 years ago, you would have needed about $200,000 worth of equipment to do an edit job like this. You would have had to be an expert in videotape and understood enough engineering to understand things like color framing. You would have needed a competent maintenance engineer to periodically service your VTRs and large floppy disk drives, and keep your CRT color monitors matching each other. Plus keep your video system 'in time'. And all this was for standard definition, analog video. Digital video would have added an additional $300,000 worth of equipment. An HD system would have set you back $2-3 million. And of course, you needed a carefully climate controlled room, with subdued lighting, to do this work in.

Now, people can shoot progressive scan HD video on their phones, and edit it on a tablet computer while sitting at the beach. A lot of the effects available to you on that tablet were not available on the videotape-based system mentioned above.

The hardest part of learning how to edit isn't learning how to edit, but how to tell a story in pictures and sound. Alan is pretty good at that, so if you learn anything from him, learn how to tell a story!

Yawey ngahu!