Started by Alan, July 31, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Well, what it says on the tin really.

Feel free to post in this thread any comments you have regarding the meet up: Good, bad, what went well, what could be done better, improvements for next time, things to carry forward, event format, activities. Whatever comes to mind, feel free to comment here. If you prefer, you can also contact any of the planning team directly with your thoughts.  So feel free to fire away.

Alan

Ftiafpi

Everything was absolutely amazing. Only thing I would add is more planning devoted to the food and cooking preparation. But, I think that was obvious. ;) Great job to all of the meetup planning team and everyone involved. I had a wonderful time and would love to go again.

hawnuyuna'viyä

I agree with Ftiafpi that some more planning of food would have been good.

More newsletter information would also have been nice: there was no information at all in May, since having been told to book flights in April, it wasn't until mid-June that the accomodation could be booked.Simply saying that you are waiting for the hotel to respond, would have been ok; but 2 months of silence doesn't inspire confidence.

Other than those, the meetup seemed to go pretty smoothly...

Alan

Irayo for the feedback.  Yeah, you're right we did drop the ball a bit on the newsletter front.  Certainly a lesson to learn for next time.

Some comments I received were that we need to have the dates and venue fixed by the beginning of the year as many people have to book their holidays at work that far in advance.

Some thought the cosplay should have been earlier in the meet so people could have worn their paint longer as they felt it was a bit of a waste of paint otherwise.

Generally, I felt like we all enjoyed each others company and we all seemed to get on really well.  I just enjoyed being with 'family'.

Keep the feed back coming.  It's all good useable intel!

Alan