Lightstorm's Irayo for the Irayo

Started by DJ Makto, August 19, 2013, 02:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Makto

Hey everyone, I had a chance to personally deliver the Avatar Meet 2013 Irayo message for Lightstorm that we recorded and edited together along with some goodies which included a t-shirt and MSG for everyone at Lightstorm who made Jon Landau's surprise video happen.

This was the finished video that they saw:

AvatarMeet 2013 Irayo Video to Lightstorm

Jon, Kathy, Kevin, Brooks, and Amber were all thrilled and touched to get their tshirts and MSGs, and thought the Irayo video was incredible. They wanted to again express their thanks to the whole community for their continued support and incredible enthusiasm for Avatar.

I was lucky enough to get a shot of everyone wearing their shirts.

From the left: Kevin, Amber, Brooks, Jon, Kathy

I have no words to describe the awesomeness.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Plumps

Very moving video and great work of you, ma frapo!

Thanks for the update! :D

Clarke

Ftiafpi

Quote from: hawnuyuna'viyä on August 19, 2013, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 19, 2013, 02:57:26 PM
Woutewtikosmannang??
^fi'u kop!
^^Fì'u nìngay!

That picture is amazing and I must give huge props to everyone involved on the AvatarMeet planning team. You guys are amazing.

Now, that said, WOOOOOOU! Jon and Lightstorm are the best! Over the past 3 years I have constantly been amazed at every turn by the fans of Avatar and the supporters of those fans. Paul, Jon, Lightstorm, James Cameron, and everyone who has contributed to one of the best online communities ever. I'm proud to be a part of this wonderful adventure and amazing family. :)

Also, as my yawnetu pointed out; why didn't Neytiri get a shirt??? :P

Tirea Aean

It pains me horribly to know that I have missed out on every meetup ever. I want this so bad.

Jelly to the max.

Clarke

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 20, 2013, 12:06:15 AM
It pains me horribly to know that I have missed out on every meetup ever. I want this so bad.

Jelly to the max.
Save your pennies for the next one, then.  8)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Clarke on August 20, 2013, 07:28:20 AM

Jelly to the max.
Save your pennies for the next one, then.  8)

It wasn't pennies, it was happenings in my life. Now I'm in a good spot. But you're right. I do have to start saving and planning for the next. I can't wait! :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Tirea, you were sooooo missed! I was really looking forward to finally meeting you, and learning from you! Don't feel singled out though. Taronyu was supposed to be there as well, but he had to bag as well. (Marki and I did talk about Eana Eltu, though ;)  )

To go this year, I had to consciously block out that time as soon as I knew about it and let nothing else interfere. Even so, attendance of this event was fraught with significant problems I am still sorting through. Almost all nonbusiness travel this year has been canceled, or cut short due to circumstances beyond my control.

So my advice to you is, as soon as the place and time of the next AvatarMeet is announced, block out the time there and then, and let nothing else, even the RDA, interfere!

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 19, 2013, 10:23:55 PM
Now, that said, WOOOOOOU! Jon and Lightstorm are the best! Over the past 3 years I have constantly been amazed at every turn by the fans of Avatar and the supporters of those fans. Paul, Jon, Lightstorm, James Cameron, and everyone who has contributed to one of the best online communities ever. I'm proud to be a part of this wonderful adventure and amazing family. :)

Well said ma tsmukan.  :D  We have all been amazed at the constant generous support of Lightstorm and of course Karyu Pawl.  But I also think they like it too and it gives them a buzz to know that we are here appreciating their work and creativity.  IT'S JUST....HMMMMPH...WOUTEWTIKOSMANNANG!!!!

Alan :D :D :D :D

CyanRachel

Kaltxi!

Oh WOW -- how awesome to watch that Irayo video and see that photo of Jon Landau & crew wearing the AvatarMeet T-shirts! Truly EPIC!  :)

A Big Irayo to Alan, DJ Makto, and everyone else here for sharing your experiences and photos from AvatarMeet 2013! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to be there with you all...I was so looking forward to attending the meetup, had everything all planned/packed up and ready to go...then my body decided to rebel against me, so I wasn't feeling well enough to make the trip to the meetup in the end.  :'(

As badly as I wanted to be there, if I had tried to get there and take part in the meetup, it wouldn't have been enjoyable given how weak I was feeling, and I couldn't be selfish and only think of myself -- I had to think of the rest of the clan and I didn't want to hinder anyone else's enjoyment of the meetup; I didn't want to be the one unwell clanmember there slowing everyone else down. So I decided not to even attempt it (smartly in the end), and stayed at home so I could get well again. Now I have a whole year to try to make sure I'm as fit and healthy as I can be so I can make it to AvatarMeet 2014...and I am determined to be there next year!  8)

Due to my absence, I did really miss seeing my fellow clanmates again (Mikko, Sarah, Fiyerwall, Raiden, Alan, DJ Makto, Marki, etc.) and getting to be in the presence of our great Karyu Pawl of course! I do want to add another Big Irayo to Jon Landau and the Lightstorm crew for their VERY generous support of the meetup/their contributions to making the Avatar screening even more awesome! Yay! Just wish I could've been there for that.  :D

Well, sorry it took me this long to post here re: AvatarMeet 2013, but in closing I want to say I'm glad everyone who attended the meetup had a great time, that the meetup was successful (how could it not be?), and hopefully I will be seeing you all at AvatarMeet 2014! Kiyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

Awww...we really missed you at AvatarMeet ma tsmuke :(. These things are sent to try us.  Although you weren't with us in body, your were with us in spirits.

For folks who weren't aware, at the meet up we gave Karyu Pawl and John and couple of gifts from us and also a card that was signed by all of us.  That card was designed by CyanRachel.  So it was doubly sad she was not able to make it and present it to them.

Anyway, next time ma CyanRachel... ;).

Eywa ngahu ma tsmuke,

Alan

Clarke

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 20, 2013, 10:57:10 AM
Quote from: Clarke on August 20, 2013, 07:28:20 AM

Jelly to the max.
Save your pennies for the next one, then.  8)

It wasn't pennies, it was happenings in my life. Now I'm in a good spot. But you're right. I do have to start saving and planning for the next. I can't wait! :D
We'll have to pile on the hugs to compensate, then.  :P

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: CyanRachel on September 02, 2013, 11:17:38 AM
As badly as I wanted to be there, if I had tried to get there and take part in the meetup, it wouldn't have been enjoyable given how weak I was feeling, and I couldn't be selfish and only think of myself -- I had to think of the rest of the clan and I didn't want to hinder anyone else's enjoyment of the meetup; I didn't want to be the one unwell clanmember there slowing everyone else down. So I decided not to even attempt it (smartly in the end), and stayed at home so I could get well again. Now I have a whole year to try to make sure I'm as fit and healthy as I can be so I can make it to AvatarMeet 2014...and I am determined to be there next year!  8)

Don't feel bad, ma Cyan Rachel. I was the 'weak one' this year, when my right hip gave out unexpectedly on day three of the actual meetup. It had been hurting prior to that, principally from overexertion while in Washington, but not so bad as to slow me down much (and it was improving). Once I got up and around in the morning, it was generally OK. But not Saturday morning. I could barely stand or walk. Just getting to hear K. Pawl's Na'vi 102 lesson was a really painful experience. I ended up sitting in a lawn chair that was propping a door open for ventilation. Still, I was able to participate somewhat, and Pawl even talked about the derivation of my Na'vi name.

I ended up driving to an urgent care clinic about 40 miles out of the park (I was OK if sitting in a comfortable seat, which the park was generally lacking). They diagnosed the condition as 'wear and tear osteoarthritis'. This officially made me an 'old fogey' ;) (I am 52 years old, a little young in my opinion for osteoarthritis, but my weight does not help me. And I work very hard to keep my weight under control, but nothing short of drastic measures seem to work now). I got back to the park an hour into the movie. Despite my frustration with missing part of the movie, I still had a good time, and the medication allowed me to at least stand a little bit.

The next day was better, but I was lame enough I couldn't hike, etc. But I ended up instead being able to spend some time with Paul's partner John, and learning about his fascinating background. Although I did not 'paint up', I did wear my wig and tswìn all day.

Clan meal times were bit of a challenge, but I tried to participate as much as I could. Except for Saturday, I was still able to take pictures, speak on Alan's video, etc.

On Monday, I was able to give my hotel roommate, Hawnuyuna'viyä a ride to the airport, as we were both flying out of Dulles. (I ended up staying in the hotel, as the portable power system for my CPAP machine utterly failed, preventing me from camping. This was incredibly frustrating to have happen to an electronic engineer!)(I know now that the battery failed due to overcharging from a new solar panel array I had used for camping a couple of weeks earlier.) Hawnuyuna'viyä also helped me get packed. We took the 'back way' to the airport and enjoyed a great few hours together.

So, even though I was laid-up more than I wanted to be (and I did complain a little ;)  ) for the most part, I tried (not completely successfully) to not let these problems get me down. As I write this, I am almost back to normal, although a lot of bad stuff that has happened over the Labor Day weekend has set me back a little. I was well enough to go to the Nugget Rib Cookoff yesterday, and gorge like a palulukan!

Yawey ngahu!

CyanRachel

Irayo, Eylan, for sharing your AvatarMeet experience, and I'm sorry to hear you had a bit of a tough time with your health issues -- that's never fun.  :(

If I had already been at the meetup and then felt unwell/weak, that would've been a different story...but I was not feeling well *before* I had even left my home to travel to the meetup, and since I was going to be traveling there by myself, for close to 5 hrs on a bus, I didn't want to risk it. *Maybe* I would've tried to go IF I was going to be traveling with another person/fellow clanmember, but I'm not sure.  :-\

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. But I'm determined to be at AvatarMeet 2014, so hopefully everything will work out for me to be there!  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)