Na'vi instruction at AvatarMeet 2013

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, April 30, 2013, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

What, if any, plans are being made for teaching and taking Na'vi lessons at AvatarMeet 2013? I see the European folks are doing something like a little daily class, at a couple of different skill levels. I think they might also be doing a nìNa'vi nì'aw, where fko pivìylltxe nìNa'vi nì'aw fratrr a'aw

I am willing to help out in any way.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Taronyu Leleioae

From the Na'viteri post today...
Quote from: Na'viteri/Karyu PawlI'll be teaching a Na'vi 102 class and an informal 101 refresher as well. John will be there too.
We're really looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones.
Txo tsivun, rutxe ziva'u!

By the way, as I'm putting together the 102 class, if you have any ideas about content—anything
in particular you'd like to hear about or practice that would suitable for a 102-level class, please let
me know, either here or privately.

It would be great if this teaching could be filmed and posted similar to the 101 class from the West Coast.  Then everyone could benefit learning from this meetup!

DJ Makto

Planning is underway with the Na'vi classes, right now all I know and can confirm is that there will be a 101 and a more advanced 102 class. Both classes will be extensively recorded for those who could not make the journey by either myself or Alan.

Blue Elf

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 30, 2013, 08:34:33 PM
What, if any, plans are being made for teaching and taking Na'vi lessons at AvatarMeet 2013? I see the European folks are doing something like a little daily class, at a couple of different skill levels. I think they might also be doing a nìNa'vi nì'aw, where fko pivìylltxe nìNa'vi nì'aw fratrr a'aw

I am willing to help out in any way.
Well, nìNa'vi nì'aw day never occurred in Berlin, although there were plans - maybe you'll be more successful. But lessons were useful despite this fact, I've learned some things I didn't know until that time.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

It will be interesting to see what happens. With Tirea Aean there, I expect to see things taken to a new level. The fact that the group is relatively small, and that we will be in a relatively isolated place may make learning some conversational Na'vi a real possibility.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Aye, well I'm up for the challenge of recording it for the community as best I can.  I'm sure just verbally practicing will bring everyone on leaps and bounds. ;)

Alan

Sìkat

Alan

Are you coming SFC78?  Cool.

For anyone who would like a refresher of the Class 101 lessons, just follow the link below to Karyu Pawls website where there is a download of the help sheet, audio examples and also the videos from the lesson:

http://naviteri.org/2012/10/audio-and-video-learning-materials-for-navi-101/

Think I'll need some practice.  Ngaru lu fpom srak?....Oe zene kiva!...suvey...Om, yom, yom.... ;D

Alan

Blue Elf

Quote from: Alan on July 02, 2013, 01:54:36 PM
Think I'll need some practice.  Ngaru lu fpom srak?....Oe zene kivä!...syuve...Om, yom, yom.... ;D

Alan
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Alan

Hehehe.  Irayo ma Blue Elf.  :D  Like I say - I need the practice!

Alan <-- Skxawng  ;D

Sìkat

Quote from: Alan on July 02, 2013, 01:54:36 PM
Are you coming SFC78?

Yes, I'm coming, and I'm very excited about it :)

Alan

Txantsan! :D. Well hope you really enjoy it.  See ya there.

Alan