Ride for Two? NY --> DC for Avatar Meet 2013

Started by Taronyu, July 08, 2013, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

Me and my friend Claire are thinking of coming to the Avatar Meet. Anyone have a ride from NY or know a cheap way to get down there?

Alan

Kaltxì ma 'eylan,

If you are not able to get a lift with someone you could try either the bus or the train.

The buses leave from the Port Authority Bus station, with is on 42nd street and 8th Avenue, not far from Times Square.  Here is the website for Greyhound who do services to Washington:

http://www.greyhound.com/

You could also try Megas bus:

http://us.megabus.com/

However, for me the best way to travel has to be by train!  But then I would say that being a rail traveller rather than road traveller!  So, Amtrak is the rail company who does that route from Penn Station to Union station in Washington DC.  Here is their website:

http://www.amtrak.com/home

Both the greyhound and trains arrive in the same place in Washington DC, not too far from Capitol Hill.  There are metro trains from there to various places and below is the website with info on them:

http://www.wmata.com/

Hope that sets up up for joining us at AvatarMeet 2013, but please hurry up and register at www.AvatarMeet.com using the following link:

http://www.avatarmeet.com/?m=4&s=7

We need to know numbers soon.  All the information you need to know about the meet up is there, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

mikkowilson

If you can't find a direct ride from NYC... If you can get to DC, I'm sure we can find you a seat in a car from there out to Shenandoah on Thursday and back to DC on Monday.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Ikxeru

We'll arrive in NYC next week and we have choosen to go by Amtrak. Maybe you want to join us?

But we'll leave on Sunday and take the #143 train leaving Penn Station at 10:05AM.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

mikkowilson

Ma Taronyu,

Please be sure to sign up that you are attending AvatarMeet 2013 at www.AvatarMeet.com so that we can have accurate numbers on who is attending!

If you have an account on the site from last year, just log in and update your profile to include this year's attendance.

Irayo!

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Taronyu,
    I hope you can find a way to make it. Ultxa si tokx eo tokx a lu prrte' oeru. If there was some way to help, I would. Meanwhile though, I need to sort through some bad stuff that's happening to be sure I am there at all :(

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Taronyu

Alan, Mikko, and Ikxeru - irayo nitxan for the help! Alas, it seems my plans changed in the past ten days - I'm flying back to NY on the 31st of July, so I'm going to miss Avatar Meet this year. :( I wish I could come, but it didn't work out with my work and travel plans.

Claire is still coming, though! I directed her to this page. She's really cool, a wee Scottish journalist. She doesn't know Na'vi, but will have some interviewing questions for you guys. :D

Irayo, Tim, for the message. Wish you could make it! I'll be hoping you can. Hope all is good with you.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo nìtxan! I am now fully committed to going. My camping gear (89 pounds of it, much of it related to CPAP therapy) shipped on Monday. I'll be meeting some non-Avatarmeet friends as well, before the actual meetup.

One cool thing would have been having the four people most familiar with Eana Eltu (besides Tuiq) together in one place! Oh, well...  :)

I hope there will be an opportunity in the future where we can meet tokx eo tokx!

Yawey ngahu!

chc2149

Hi all - Figure I should throw myself into this discussion! Thanks for the suggestions! I am sad I won't be coming with Taronyu, but I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

If anyone wants to start up a conversation with me before the meet, I would be more than happy to! (Especially as I will be there as a total novice, and newbie to everything...) I can be contacted on [email protected].

Thanks!

Claire

mikkowilson

Claire,

Have you been able to secure transport to DC and Shenandoah?

Drop me a line if you're having trouble.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

chc2149

Mikko - I have done. Thanks! Your help is much appreciated.

Claire

Taronyu

Glad you're going! Have a kick-txìm time, Tim. There should be an opportunity some time. :) Maybe next year.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!