Attention gamers

Started by Sìkat, June 29, 2014, 05:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sìkat

If anyone's interested, I'm bringing some video gaming stuff to the meetup: a Wii U, Retron 2 (NES/SNES rebuild) and my PC laptop.  So if anyone is interested, bring games for those systems.  Wii U folks interested in multiplayer games will need to provide controllers, since I only have one.

DJ Makto

And for Magic the Gathering players bring your EDH decks. :)

Sìkat

And speaking of cards, I'm also bringing along the professionally-printed Cards Against Humanity + all expansions.

mikkowilson

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Alan

This is Mikko's idea...is there an archery game on the Wii? ;)

Alan

Sìkat

There is, but I don't have it.  Assuming for the moment that it isn't available on the Virtual Console, I'll try to find it locally before Saturday.

Alan

Cool!  I wonder how I would doing coming from Robin Hood country...or if I am more of a Friar Tuck!

Alan

Sìkat

I found a GameStop that has it, and I'll be picking it up after work.

Alan

Kosman!  Irayo nìtxan.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'll have to see if I have something more benign, like a chess set.
Will a chess set fit in the car with all Sikat's gaming gear?? ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Sìkat

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 02, 2014, 03:04:30 PM
I'll have to see if I have something more benign, like a chess set.
Will a chess set fit in the car with all Sikat's gaming gear?? ;)

If it doesn't, I'll throw a chess app on my iPad ;)

Raiden

I like the idea of doing some gaming at AvatarMeet, but we need to have a dedicated night for it and plan it in advance.

I brought a ton of stuff and nobody really wanted to play anything; we wound up mostly doing CAH instead, which is fine, but I paid to take that gaming stuff on the plane as checked luggage, and I was the only one who played anything. This was not the case in 2012, but the video games had no "competition" for attention then, so people might like CAH more than video games.

Maybe next time we can plan things out better.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Sarah Noel

I personally liked CAH more than videogames (even multiplayer ones) because it is more social, but that's just me.

Sìkat

Quote from: Raiden on July 15, 2014, 01:04:02 AM
I brought a ton of stuff and nobody really wanted to play anything; we wound up mostly doing CAH instead, which is fine, but I paid to take that gaming stuff on the plane as checked luggage, and I was the only one who played anything. This was not the case in 2012, but the video games had no "competition" for attention then, so people might like CAH more than video games.

I paid nearly $200 to ship my gaming stuff out there...and even *I* didn't touch any of it!  One thing's for sure, if I go next year, I'm gonna stick with CAH, since it seems to be a decent hit.

I swore I'd never do this, but because I only had one suitcase and Southwest allows two checked bags free, I decided to check the electronics (PC laptop included) and ship the rest via UPS Ground (irayo ma `Eylan Ayfalulukanä :) )  I'm not gonna get home until well after 1am Eastern time, so I'm probably gonna just drop my bags and hit the sack.

Wind12

I really did enjoy playing CAH with you guys, that was a very good time  ;D ;D :D