Started by Alan, June 30, 2014, 02:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkowilson

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Wind12

Very cool!!!  :) :) :) thanks for the camping pics, maybe next time I can join   :)

Raiden

Quote from: Wind12 on July 15, 2014, 06:54:44 PM
Very cool!!!  :) :) :) thanks for the camping pics, maybe next time I can join   :)

There are a lot more to come.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Ftiafpi

Wow, how do you find all those? You must have very keen eyes.

Tirea Aean

Nice pics, ma Raiden!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 15, 2014, 07:41:38 PM

It's Raiden. He's all about this stuff. I too was surprised at first. I was there for a couple of these he found. Really cool stuff living out there. This guy really knows a lot about little creatures. :)

Seriously ma Ftiafpi I really wish you and Taronyu and Skxawng and Omängum Fra'uti and wm.annis and Lance could be there too for this meetup. It felt a bit empty without you guys.

Raiden

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 15, 2014, 07:41:38 PM

They're my friends.

Throughout my life, humans have let me down in various ways; animals never have, whether they are my dog, my terrarium/aquarium animals, or wild animals I find outside. I don't like people, and I'm generally kind of a loner.

I've been doing this ever since I was little. I still have an old plastic lunchbox in storage of field notes that I took of insects from my backyard when I was six. I never really stopped, and I can pick out snakes and grasshoppers from patches of dry grass, track coyotes and bobcats (sometimes to the remains of their prey...), and I know which plants (from my own region) are edible, which have medicinal properties, and which are toxic.

Part of the reason I pushed for camping to be an official part of the meetups was so that I could share some of this knowledge with other people; hoarded knowledge is useless unless it is shared, and some people in this community seem to have been deprived of experiencing such things due to living in heavily urbanized areas (such as Los Angeles).

Wind12

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I think I am going to add that quote to my syllabus as well! And I agree, animals have never let me down!

I had an avid deer hunter co-worker in Green bay, Wisconsin. One time, we had to take a field trip into upper Michigan to look at some TV translator installations. On the way, he would spot deer everywhere.... I would see one in five. I guess it is all in what you have trained yourself to see!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsu'tey

Sorry unfortunately can see the pictures  :-\

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Pictures not visible here anymore, either.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Sìkat

Pictures are all 404ing here as well.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on July 17, 2014, 06:13:26 AM
Btw, I can't see your pictures, "The image you are request does not exist or is no longer available"

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 15, 2014, 01:11:25 AM
I'm incredibly jealous of all of you but I'm so happy to hear what I great time was had. Thanks everyone who could make it, the banner was a great idea and I'm excited for any more news and pictures from the meet.

Yeah, we missed you, dude. Gotta make the next one.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Raiden

Okay, sorry for the issue with the photos; I reuploaded them and deleted the older ones so I needed to grab the new links for them.

Should be visible now; go to the camping photo thread if you want more.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 17, 2014, 05:21:22 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 15, 2014, 01:11:25 AM
I'm incredibly jealous of all of you but I'm so happy to hear what I great time was had. Thanks everyone who could make it, the banner was a great idea and I'm excited for any more news and pictures from the meet.

Don't worry, I will. Already budgeting time and money for it.

Alan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 20, 2014, 12:46:39 PM

*In the style of the Emperor in Star Wars..."Goooooooood..." :D

Alan

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Alan on July 20, 2014, 03:40:13 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 20, 2014, 12:46:39 PM

*In the style of the Emperor in Star Wars..."Goooooooood..." :D

Alan

Ftiafpi

Alan

Hehehehe....That's 'Goooooood'!  ;D ;D ;D

Alan *goes to save link for potential future use... ;)