AvatarMeet 2014 - Dates & Location

Started by mikkowilson, December 17, 2013, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Can't wait to see what's in store for us this time!  ;D 8)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Raiden on December 21, 2013, 07:01:05 PM
You mean LaBrea city park?

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. I really do mean the La Brea Tarpits.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Raiden

The tar pits are sort of interesting, but they've been turned into a tourist destination.

It would have been better as a state park, with the landscape around the pits preserved as an example of how they would have looked when they were still ensnaring things.

But that's coastal California for you. It's a city planning nightmare abortion from hell.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Fine, but that won't stop me from enjoying the tarpits. Lots of fossil falulukan there!

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

I would NOT recommend diving in after one though.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Ikxeru

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Alan

Quote from: Ikxeru on December 25, 2013, 02:43:42 PM
COUNT ME IN!!!  :)
For diving into the tar pits?  Hehehe. ;D ;D

Hope to see you in El Ey ma tsmukan. We need our Ikxeru!

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

La Brea Tar Pits was one of my fave attractions as a youngster.  I would take a bus trip into LA, go to the art museum and wander around the park with the life sized statues of sloths and mastodons.  The Nat. History Museum is in another direction near the USC campus.  There was an orthodontic clinic nearby.  After my adjustment I would visit the museum, catch a chamber orchestra recording session, go to the tarpits or Olvera Street and the Union Station.  Nerd Holiday.  I never considered myself a delinquent for not "rushing back to school an hour away!
I was fortunate to has experienced these places before they got commercialized.  I also remember Knotts Berry Farm BEFORE they ever put rides in! I don't even want to GO there!

Niri Te

The only time I was ever in LA was when Ateyo and I went to the Queen of Angels Hospital to do some refurbishing for a Recording Studio that was going in there. Never saw anything outside the Hospital Complex, except when we rode our Motorcycle straight there from Phoenix in a pack of Bikes, and then rode straight back when we were done.

Niri Te

Ateyo and I will each put something together this spring, if for nothing else than wearing it around here on the Sky Ranch every once in a while. (In the event that we will be unable to afford to go to LA this year, as we have a TON of bills.) We will each make Cosplay costumes for one of the characters in our FanFictions. Don't feel bad for us if we CAN'T make it. If we cosplay out here, we could be totally naked, the population density in Hudspeth or Culberson Counties is one person per 3 to 5 square miles. Plus, this "Rebel" Avatar pilot,(Tai Tae Ao), could actually Take "Ateyo" her Na'vi wife up in a plane IN COSTUME.

guest2859

Got my "Sinfeiril" account updated on the site. No guarantees but I keep the option for travel open

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Nantang ʼRrtayä, long time no hear from! It would be great if you were able to make it.

Ma Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, it sounds like you have a background in the recording arts.

I don't yet know if I will cosplay (Plus, I make a really lousy looking Naʼvi/avatar ;) ). The way things are going right now, I'll just be happy if I can attend.

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

It WASN'T Ateyo that sent the post about the recording studio being set up in the basement of the Queen of Angels Hospital by Tommy Barnett's Son in the nineties, it was ME.  I have experience on BOTH sides of the glass.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ah, glass as in cockpit window and recording studio window!

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

Also on both sides of the Studio Window my friend.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

What instrument do you perform, or do you sing?

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

Guitar, (6, and 12 12 string, Dobro, Fiddle, Keyboard, and a voice that goes from Tenor to Soprano, NOT Falsetto).

guest2859

Hm... I think I'll be down south right before this all happens... then I'd have to find a flight from Amarillo to LA then from LA to Des Moines...

I'll ponder on this. New things scare me and make my head hurt haha.

Alan

Three years ago I had never left the shores on my country on my own and yet I found myself on a plane to an Avatar 'family' meet up in Seattle.  One massive step for me and the best step I ever made so far!  Go for it if you can ma tsmuk and join the clan. :)

Alan