AvatarMeet 2014 - Dates & Location

Started by mikkowilson, December 17, 2013, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And AvatarMeet absolutely would not be the same without you, ma Alan! An I am sure Nantang 'Rrtaya will find it very much worth his time as well!

Now, if I can just come up with the resources to attend WorldCon in London...

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 03, 2014, 02:35:10 PM
And AvatarMeet absolutely would not be the same without you, ma Alan! An I am sure Nantang 'Rrtaya will find it very much worth his time as well!

Now, if I can just come up with the resources to attend WorldCon in London...

Awww  :-[  Ma tsmukan, you're too kind.  Everybody makes me so welcome and I really am grateful to you all for that.  Yeah Nantang, we are a friendly bunch.

Ma 'Eylan, if you make it to London, we'll have to have a mini-meet ;)

Alan

Clarke

Quote from: Alan on January 03, 2014, 03:50:48 PMMa 'Eylan, if you make it to London, we'll have to have a mini-meet ;)
I'm planning on attending Worldcon as well, so I'd be up for that.  :)

(This is going to be such an expensive year.  :'( )

Raiden

Quote from: Clarke on January 03, 2014, 04:31:17 PM
Quote from: Alan on January 03, 2014, 03:50:48 PMMa 'Eylan, if you make it to London, we'll have to have a mini-meet ;)

Golly, it would such a shame if you missed out on a chance to ask me crazy biology questions in person...
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

At least, you don't have an overseas flight to get there!

The idea of a meetup before/after WorldCon has been discussed previously.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

(This is going to be such an expensive year.  :'( )

Me too, but, hey we have to live a little :)

Raiden - Oh, don't worry, Clarke's coming - even if I have to go up to Scotland and get him myself!  ;D

Alan

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

It will be so awesome to see some of my friends that I haven't seen for a few years. I'm already getting my cosplay items ready to go.  :)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Sarah Noel

I feel like "getting cosplay items ready to go" literally never ends for me. planning anything new this year fiyerwall? I might have some new stuff this time around.

guest2859

I would employ the work of my current roommate knowing we could both go, she did some work on her boyfriend last halloween that quite literally shocked me when I went to visit (He's 6'7" so of course it worked even better)

DJ Makto

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Wow!  Give him a tsko swizaw and bring him along.  At 6'7" he'd be like a Na'vi teenager!

Alan

Clarke

Quote from: Alan on January 04, 2014, 01:06:28 AM

(This is going to be such an expensive year.  :'( )

Me too, but, hey we have to live a little :)

Raiden - Oh, don't worry, Clarke's coming - even if I have to go up to Scotland and get him myself!  ;D

Alan

That sounds like a challenge...  :P

More importantly, I haven't booked flights yet... *avoids vegetables thrown from the peanut gallery* ...so maybe we could be slightly more organized this year, rather than bumping into each other randomly at the airport?   ;)

Quote from: Alan on January 06, 2014, 01:51:00 PM
Wow!  Give him a tsko swizaw and bring him along.  At 6'7" he'd be like a Na'vi teenager!

Alan
I have no idea if it's deliberate, but IMO Neytiri definitely comes off as a teenager when Mo'at asks her to teach Jake. "Why me? That's not fair...   >:( " she moans, in exactly the same tone of voice as I'd expect for Mo'at asking her to tidy her room.  :P

Raiden

Quote from: Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 06, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
I would employ the work of my current roommate knowing we could both go, she did some work on her boyfriend last halloween that quite literally shocked me when I went to visit (He's 6'7" so of course it worked even better)

Holy s***....

How encouraging of you to show us....    -.-
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Alan

Quote from: Clarke on January 06, 2014, 06:14:10 PM
I have no idea if it's deliberate, but IMO Neytiri definitely comes off as a teenager when Mo'at asks her to teach Jake. "Why me? That's not fair...   >:( " she moans, in exactly the same tone of voice as I'd expect for Mo'at asking her to tidy her room.  :P

Yeah, that bit always kinda gives me a smile.  I can just images Mo'at saying "Well you brought him here, you can look after him!"  Hehehe.

Aye, I'll have to start thinking about flight booking soon too.  I'll have to see if I can use my Ikran air miles with Virgin Atlantic!

Alan

Kayrìlien

Los Angeles, eh? Well that's mighty convenient; just a three hour drive down the 101. I might actually make it to this thing.

Kayr

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Kayrìlien on March 27, 2014, 03:45:34 PM
Los Angeles, eh? Well that's mighty convenient; just a three hour drive down the 101. I might actually make it to this thing.

Kayr

Ma Kayrilien,
    I was just thinking about you a couple days back, and was wondering if you might just make the meetup. So your chiming in here is especially timely. It would be txantsan to have you there!

Yawey ngahu!