AvatarMeet 2014 - Day 2 Video Part 6

Started by Alan, December 17, 2014, 07:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

This sixth part of the video covers the panel discussion with the creatives of Lightstorm.  Topics covered are: Real world issues and a strong voice for change, reaction to growth of Na'vi, merchandising, balancing consumerism with the message of Avatar and most memorable moments.  There was also a group photo before everyone settled down for a screening of Avatar.

If you would like your own smaller image copy of the Avatar Fan Banner you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/5kpcoamtztao1f6/Lightstorm_Banner_-_A3.jpg

Alan

Plumps

I'll answer here for the whole group of videos rather than on every one ;)

I can honestly say I spent the last hour taking all of that in and was very amazed by the friendliness and openness of this whole process. Again makes me a little bit sad not having been able to be there but proud at the same time of what this community has achieved so far. The people at Lightstorm seem really amazing and engaged to take the fandom and franchise seriously!

Thanks for the insight into that day! :)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Plumps on December 19, 2014, 02:14:58 PM

I can honestly say I spent the last hour taking all of that in and was very amazed by the friendliness and openness of this whole process. Again makes me a little bit sad not having been able to be there but proud at the same time of what this community has achieved so far. The people at Lightstorm seem really amazing and engaged to take the fandom and franchise seriously!

So much this!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Irayo nìtxan ma aysmuk  :D

When we met with them they said it was like a recharge for them too, to have people visit who appreciate their work.  They really were so welcoming to all of us and accommodating.  It was just a wonderful day and I wish the both of you could have been there.  I'm sure there will be other opportunities along the way when appropriate.

Alan

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 19, 2014, 02:17:59 PM

So much this!

I need to third this as well. Great summary of how I feel watching these.

Alan

The people at Lightstorm seem really amazing and engaged to take the fandom and franchise seriously!

Totally agree.  Lightstorm are a group of very sincere and engaging people.  This might be of interest to see their take on us: http://forum.learnnavi.org/general-avatar-discussion/merging-media-conference-2013-lightstorms-take-on-fans/

Alan

Plumps

Quote from: Alan on December 21, 2014, 04:18:14 AM
The people at Lightstorm seem really amazing and engaged to take the fandom and franchise seriously!

Totally agree.  Lightstorm are a group of very sincere and engaging people.  This might be of interest to see their take on us: http://forum.learnnavi.org/general-avatar-discussion/merging-media-conference-2013-lightstorms-take-on-fans/

Alan

Thanks for sharing. Even without that amazing talk from Kathy, that's exactly what I gathered from the clips of this year's meetup

Alan

No worries.  We are so fortunate to have such great folks at Lightstorm.

Alan

CyanRachel

A massive Irayo nitxan to you, Alan, for putting these awesome videos together and sharing them with us! I've really enjoyed watching the ones you've posted so far, and I look forward to watching the rest from the meetup.

And see, Jon Landau specifically said he's looking forward to AvatarMeet *2015*...so that means we really must have an official meetup in 2015!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

No worries, ma tsmuke.  Two more waiting to be posted.

Yeah AvatarMeet 2015.... ;)

Alan

Sìkat

Now I have to figure out how I'll do both AM2015 and my 15-year college reunion ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Any idea when we will know any details about AM2015? 2015 is going to be a really tough year for me travelwise, and the sooner I know dates and locations, the more likely it is I will be able to attend.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]