AvatarMeet 2014 T-Shirt Competition

Started by Sarah Noel, April 30, 2014, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Noel

T-Shirt Competition
Your Chance to contribute to AvatarMeet history: This year we are bringing back the AvatarMeet T-Shirt competition! This is your opportunity to exercise your creative skills and come up with a design for the Meet Up T-Shirts. The simple guidelines for designs are as follows:

• Theme: Links the tag line with the location and studio visit.
  • Less colors is better for T-shirt printing.
  • The base color of the shirt is up to the designer, it doesn't have to be black!
  • Either vector graphics, or at least 300dpi resolution for printing.
  • The back of the shirt will sport the AvatarMeet 2014 logo, however feel free to do something creative with it if you like!

Closing date for entries is Monday May 19th 2014. After which they will be posted for the community to vote for their favorite. Voting will be open for 1 week only. After that the winner will be announced.

If you have an idea for a design, but could use some help realizing it; post what you've got and team up with one of the many artists in the community to flesh it out.

To enter, simply respond to one of the contest threads on Tree-Of-Souls.com or LearnNavi.org (right here!) with your design before May 19th.

You must be registered to attend AvatarMeet 2014 by the May 29th deadline to receive one of these exclusive T-shirts.

Sìkat

I screw up drawing stick figures, but I'm compelled to throw my hat in the ring for this.  I can't render this myself, but I'm hoping someone else can do so.

My idea is a representation of the Tree of Souls printed on a blue shirt (possibly tie-dyed). 

Palulukan-Makto

I have a few shirt ideas. Not sure if they will work or not.

I will edit the drawing and make it better, but it just gives everyone an idea.
Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri

Txur’Itan

I like the zoomed Ikran Dual-Eye that was posted here. It represents how we are watching the clock as Avatar 2 gets made.

http://www.tree-of-souls.com/characters/1900-toruk_ikran_pictures.html#post68086

私は太った男だ。

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Very cool, but hard to print on a shirt.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txur’Itan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 06, 2014, 02:46:32 AM

Pretty much anything can go on a shirt image-wise these days.
私は太った男だ。

Ekirä

My design isn't finalized, but I figured I'd post it anyway. It's lightly based off the LSE logo (color and position) but mostly it's from the "Eywa has heard you" scene since that's this year's tagline.

I'm dissatisfied with the hair but I've discovered that Neytiri's hairstyle is very hard to make look good in a silhouette like this. I've tried several different hair designs but can't come up with anything that's good. Suggestions welcome. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Txur'Itan on May 06, 2014, 07:39:27 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 06, 2014, 02:46:32 AM

Pretty much anything can go on a shirt image-wise these days.

Anything is certainly possible (and I have some very impressive screen printed shirts myself), but the really fancy printing gets to be expensive. If you read the original post, they want to try and hold the cost down (although I would pay more for a really nice shirt). So, I think that this would be outside the scope of what is economical to print.

What if you tried to simplify the design so it could be printed in say, 3 or 4 colors with less fine lines/spots.

Yawey ngahu!

Palulukan-Makto

How about this?

I still need to add the stripes.
Oel ngati kameie

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Ekirä on May 07, 2014, 06:27:08 AM
My design isn't finalized, but I figured I'd post it anyway. It's lightly based off the LSE logo (color and position) but mostly it's from the "Eywa has heard you" scene since that's this year's tagline.

I'm dissatisfied with the hair but I've discovered that Neytiri's hairstyle is very hard to make look good in a silhouette like this. I've tried several different hair designs but can't come up with anything that's good. Suggestions welcome. :)

I like this.  Simple, focused and relevant. Good one!

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Txur’Itan

I have downgraded the color pallets, and included some gray scale images. I embellished a little more on the design by adding a reflection in the big eye.
私は太った男だ。

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Very nice job! Although cyan/blue is more ikran color, I like the black and white images. You might want to experiment with leaving the black and white and coloring just the irises of the eyes.

Yawey ngahu!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 09, 2014, 03:01:57 PM
Very nice job! Although cyan/blue is more ikran color, I like the black and white images. You might want to experiment with leaving the black and white and coloring just the irises of the eyes.

"I can do that" - Colonel Miles Quaritch

I will get to it tonight.
私は太った男だ。

mikkowilson

Don't forget to include how's it's going to look on a shirt in the form of a background color. I'd assume from Ekirä's design that it'd be a black shirt. Not sure about the others.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Txur’Itan

Quote from: mikkowilson on May 09, 2014, 08:29:03 PM
Don't forget to include how's it's going to look on a shirt in the form of a background color. I'd assume from Ekirä's design that it'd be a black shirt. Not sure about the others.

- Mikko

Attached.

- Continued next post.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

More Image variations.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

All Images in one post.

Reprocessed a few items to give an idea of how they might look on a shirt. This image might work better on the back instead of the front depending on what everyone decides they like most.

The examples only show the front, but the material is the same.

私は太った男だ。

Palulukan-Makto

Heres a few of mine.
Oel ngati kameie

CyanRachel

Oooo, I like Ekira's design of Neytiri in silhouette! I think it could definitely work!  8)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)