AvatarMeet 2014 to visit Lightstorm Entertainment!

Started by Alan, February 14, 2014, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Yes, you read the heading correctly. Lightstorm Entertainment is opening their doors to AvatarMeet 2014 for one day only!

A chance of a lifetime!:
Don't miss the opportunity to learn how James Cameron's Avatar was created from the individuals behind the magic. Attendees will also get a chance to tour the production facility where the Avatar sequels will be created. This will be an amazing experience for any Avatar fan.

The AvatarMeet planning team is extremely grateful to Lightstorm for this incredible opportunity. One aspect that prospective attendees will need to be aware of is that they will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which is normal practice for such visits. Discussions are still taking place with Lightstorm to confirm the details of the visit. As they become finalized they will be communicated through the usual channels. This will be a 'txantsan' experience for us all.

So if you would like to attend AvatarMeet 2014 and have an Avatar experience of a lifetime, don't forget to sign up as soon as possible as we need to know the numbers of who will be attending. The final day to sign up is Thursday, May 29th 2014.

NDA, not RDA!
Non-Disclosure Agreement: As you will have read, everyone will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement if they are to visit Lightstorm. Do not be alarmed; this is normal practice when visiting such venues. However, it cannot be overstressed the importance that the NDA has. To help with questions you will have we have created a 'FAQ' section, which you can access by clicking here.

Get Signed Up
So now you know. AvatarMeet will be visiting Lightstorm.  If you are intending on coming to the meet up now is the time to register.  This will help us plan the event, finalize the hotel accommodation and details regarding the clan visit to Lightstorm.

Tìtstewan

*MIND BLOWN* :o :o :o

Now it's a big pain that I can't be there... :'( :'( :'( :'(

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The links on the first post are broken.

I suspected this, and have been signed up for some time! Txantsan nìwotx!!

Ma Tìtstewan, too bad you can't make it over here. Besides, enjoying what should be an unforgettable experience, I would love to meet you in person! (I had hoped to attend LonCon this year in London, but that is basically out of the question.)

Los Angeles is also driving distance for me, and driving there gives me the opportunity to visit a number of other places I have never been.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Irayo ma 'Eylan.  All sorted.

Sorry you can't make it ma Tìtstewan :(

Alan

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Tewti txantsana fmawn nang! Rangal oe tsnì fìultxari tsnivun livu hawlyu. Slä sweylu fwa fìultxati tivok a fì'ut fpìl oel :)

Wow that is great news! I wish I could be a planner for this meet. But I think I should be able to be there :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti nang!! Its great to have you back on line, ma Txona!

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 15, 2014, 02:25:56 AM
Tewti txantsana fmawn nang! Rangal oe tsnì fìultxari tsnivun livu hawlyu. Slä sweylu fwa fìultxati tivok a fì'ut fpìl oel :)

Wow that is great news! I wish I could be a planner for this meet. But I think I should be able to be there :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Yawey ngahu!

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 15, 2014, 04:51:11 AM
Tewti nang!! Its great to have you back on line, ma Txona!

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on February 15, 2014, 02:25:56 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

Hrh irayo :) I know it's been a while since I've been away. I am still alive tho and still speaking Na'vi :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

CyanRachel

WOW!!!!!!  :)  :D  :o  8)
This is really awesome news!!!!!

Irayo, Alan, for making the announcement. I am getting SO excited for this! And with all luck, I should be there!  ;)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Sìkat

*reads the news, and blinks & keels over in a dead faint*

I very desperately want to pull the trigger on this, but can't until the camping situation is decided.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I was stunned when i heard about this, but too bad i can't go. It's way too far for me to travel, and i think it will be very very expensive.
I took a quick search and the flight-ticket will cost me between $1500 to $2000. I searched on the most efficient travel-guide here in Norway on their official website.

There is a big chance i can go next year, because this year after the summer i will start to earn more money than i do now.

Alan

Irayo ma CyanRachel :)  But I must add there is a team of us working on AvatarMeet - I was just the one who posted.  Anyway, no AWOL this time - right  :D

*Alan pours a bucket of water over Sìkat...  Are you alright mate?  Hehehe

Aye, we are trying to progress things on the camping and hotel front at the moment.  So if folks could sign up as soon as possible to help us understand numbers that would be txantsan.  Irayo.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng - Sorry to hear its looking like you can't make this meet up.  There's no thoughts on where next year's meet up will be at the moment, but when Pandora arrives in the Animal Kingdom, you can bet we will be having a meet up there!

Alan

Sìkat

*coughs & sputters*

I'm waiting to see what the dates are for camping; once I have that & I get approval for the time off (not a problem this far in advance), those plane tickets are as good as SOLD.  I've been saving my money ever since getting back from Shenandoah :)

Southwest (the dominant carrier at Albany "International" Airport, the airport closest to my home) has flights to LAX, and their prices didn't look too bad when I looked a couple of weeks ago, certainly within my price range.  The only thing that worries me is a rental car; I was nervous enough trying to navigate DC traffic; I shudder to think of what LA traffic is like...

DJ Makto

Quote from: Sìkat on February 17, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
*coughs & sputters*

I'm waiting to see what the dates are for camping/DJ Makto's visiting-around-LA idea; once I have that & I get approval for the time off (not a problem this far in advance), those plane tickets are as good as SOLD.  I've been saving my money ever since getting back from Shenandoah :)  I'm leaning rather heavily towards DJ Makto's idea, since it means I won't have to purchase camping equipment, but at this point, both options are open.

Southwest (the dominant carrier at Albany "International" Airport, the airport closest to my home) has flights to LAX, and their prices didn't look too bad when I looked a couple of weeks ago, certainly within my price range.  The only thing that worries me is a rental car; I was nervous enough trying to navigate DC traffic; I shudder to think of what LA traffic is like...

Also the parking is horrific.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Sìkat on February 17, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
*coughs & sputters*

I'm waiting to see what the dates are for camping/DJ Makto's visiting-around-LA idea; once I have that & I get approval for the time off (not a problem this far in advance), those plane tickets are as good as SOLD.  I've been saving my money ever since getting back from Shenandoah :)  I'm leaning rather heavily towards DJ Makto's idea, since it means I won't have to purchase camping equipment, but at this point, both options are open.

Southwest (the dominant carrier at Albany "International" Airport, the airport closest to my home) has flights to LAX, and their prices didn't look too bad when I looked a couple of weeks ago, certainly within my price range.  The only thing that worries me is a rental car; I was nervous enough trying to navigate DC traffic; I shudder to think of what LA traffic is like...

Ma Sikat,
   I an not entirely sure yet if I will camp. The bad news with camping is I remember last year ;) The good news is because I can drive to LA, I can take my 'regular' camping gear, which is far better than what I brought to DC. But the good news for you is I would be happy to help you with camping gear, like what ended up happening last summer.
   To be honest though, I am far more interested in sightseeing in LA than I am in camping. There are a number of things there I have not seen, that this gives me a very good opportunity to see. One of these is a day trip to the San Diego Zoo.
   As far as driving in LA, I don't like driving there, either. But it is a lot more expressway driving and a lot less of the crowded, narrow streets typical of DC.

Yawey ngahu!

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

I would like to do some sight seeing in LA. I'm not much of a camper myself. I did let a squirrel into our cabin at last year's meetup.  :D
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Alan

Quote from: Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo) on February 18, 2014, 10:50:27 AM
I would like to do some sight seeing in LA. I'm not much of a camper myself. I did let a squirrel into our cabin at last year's meetup.  :D

Oh I remember that!  It was one of those chipmunk thingies.  Also night after you left for home I found out the noises we heard at night was actually a mouse!  I flash him with the touch on my phone and never heard him again.

I must admit I'm kinda split between camping and sight seeing.  I would like to do the camping...or rather lodging ;) , but it's an awful long way for me to come and not take in sound of the sights and sounds of LA, especially with me being an amateur film maker!

Sìkat - sorry about the bucket of water.  You looked kinda spaced out for a moment after reading the post.  As regards getting around LA, we might find that public transport could be quite adequate if there is only a small number who want to do the city experience.  It also appears to be really cheap, well compared to UK prices!  I think DJ Makto has a better take on it being as he lives there.  There is still some time to figure things out for both camping and city sight seeing.

Alan

Sìkat

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 17, 2014, 09:25:54 PM
   I an not entirely sure yet if I will camp. The bad news with camping is I remember last year ;) The good news is because I can drive to LA, I can take my 'regular' camping gear, which is far better than what I brought to DC. But the good news for you is I would be happy to help you with camping gear, like what ended up happening last summer.

Ma `Eylan Ayfalulukanä,

I greatly appreciate that :)  If you don't already have my contact info, PM me or throw me an email; I'll send it to you so we can coordinate as the time grows closer.

-Sìkat

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Sìkat on February 19, 2014, 07:01:55 PM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 17, 2014, 09:25:54 PM

Ma `Eylan Ayfalulukanä,

I greatly appreciate that :)  If you don't already have my contact info, PM me or throw me an email; I'll send it to you so we can coordinate as the time grows closer.

-Sìkat

I might still have your contact info, but we will definitely stay in touch!

Yawey ngahu!