Puk Pxaw 'Rrta at the Avatar Meet 2014

Started by Tìtstewan, June 21, 2014, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ma smuk!

Last year I started an awesome project called Puk Pxaw 'Rrta - A Book Around the Earth.
The idea was, I buy a little book write something in and sent it to a member. The member who has it,
write/draw something in and he/she send it to another and so on.
Tsmukan Ikxeru will have this book as next and he will take it to the upcomming Avatar Meet in LA. :)
(Irayo nìtxan, ma Ikxeru!)

The Book
[smg id=5050][smg id=5049]

Following table are the forum member, who want it, and who had the book ()

Nick Name   Country   State/ProvinceWho has / had the book
Tìtstewan   Germany   Bayern   
Eana Unil   Germany   Baden-Württemberg   
Eichhörnchen   Germany   Hessen   
Toruk Makto   USA   Texas   --
Tirea Aean   USA   Maryland   --
Blue Elf   Czech Republic   --   --
`Eylan Ayfalulukanä   USA   Nevada   --
eejmensenikbenhet   Netherlands   Limburg   --
Il Sogno Viandante   Sweden   Värmland   --
Ftiafpi   USA   Maine   --
Alyara Arati   USA   Missouri   --
Sìkat   USA   --   --
Tsu'tey   Germany   Nordrhein-Westfalen   
Yaknun   Germany   Nordrhein-Westfalen   
Vip'kan   Germany   Nordrhein-Westfalen   
´eveng te atan   Germany   --   
Ikxeru   Germany   --   --
hemmond   Czech Republic   --   --
Xelloss   France   Aube   --
Wokan   USA--   --
??--??   ??   --

More info are in the main thread: Puk Pxaw 'Rrta - A Book Around the Earth

Now, there is the idea, that the meeting members (who want, of course) could do some group work in the evening,
but of course, one could also write/draw/what ever separately (member 1 write something in some pages, member 2
write some awesome stuff in some pages etc.) Anyway, feel free to be creative!

If you have questions or ideas, please post it here or PM me. :)

Eywa ayngengahu!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alan

This is a txantsan idea! I like it.  Just a couple of questions:

- What do people write about?  Can it be about anything, themselves or something Avatar related?

- What will happen once the book is complete?  Will it be all scanned for everyone to read through?

This is great!  It is project like this that keep the community together and will give us all something to look back on in years to come.  Irayo nìtxan

Alan

Tirea Aean

From what I remember from the original thread, it was decided that one's entry could be anything, and when complete, the book will be scanned and posted.

EDIT: My state needs to be updated from Texas back to Maryland. ;D //offtopic

Alan

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Alan on June 22, 2014, 12:32:17 AM
- What do people write about?  Can it be about anything, themselves or something Avatar related?
- What will happen once the book is complete?  Will it be all scanned for everyone to read through?
Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 22, 2014, 01:48:41 AM
From what I remember from the original thread, it was decided that one's entry could be anything, and when complete, the book will be scanned and posted.
This plus, there is the idea that if it's filled (expect the last page), to send it finally to P. Frommer. (as a gift from the community :))
He could fill the last page and put some stuff on Na'viteri.
But as far as I remember me, at the meet, P. Frommer will be also there. Way back, the idea was that this book travels to all EU
smuk before going to the US. But the time was against this idea. As you can see at the list, some people are still waiting for it.
I'm thinking about, if Frommer could add something during the meet, or to keep this at the final...difficult.

Edit:
This video was taken from a old photo camera...

Quote from: Alan on June 22, 2014, 12:32:17 AM
This is great!  It is project like this that keep the community together and will give us all something to look back on in years to come.  Irayo nìtxan
Nìprrte'! :D

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 22, 2014, 01:48:41 AM
EDIT: My state needs to be updated from Texas back to Maryland. ;D //offtopic
Updated ;D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Blue Elf

Well, it's good idea - book will be expanded by many pages at the time, that's great!
As one of my ikrans will be at the Avatarmeet too (IIRC currently it is held by DJ Makto), you can take group photo with him and put into book (you should also add his detailed photo to be visible ;D)
My second ikran with my greeting to meeting participants stucked in someone's hand, so it will not attend, how ke sunu! Some players do not play fair, pak!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Alan

Cool!  Well, we'll have to make sure that folks get the opportunity to add to this.  Is it ok if they prepare something that they can stick in the book?  If so what size does it need to be?  A5?

Perhaps the book can be returned for scanning before forwarding to Karyu Pawl?  There will be a way round it :)

Ah, yes ma Blue.  DJ Makto has him at the moment so he'll be able to bring him along for the meet up and a group photo.  Here's a couple of piccies of Mr Ikran at AM13:

Irayo for the video ma Tìtstewan.  That will give folks an idea of what it is and what it is about.

Alan

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Alan on June 22, 2014, 06:46:36 AM
Cool!  Well, we'll have to make sure that folks get the opportunity to add to this.  Is it ok if they prepare something that they can stick in the book?  If so what size does it need to be?  A5?
Why not? They can prepare. :)
As for the size, lemme look at the prototype book, I have somewhere...
---
Size of a page:
height = 209mm (20.9cm) [8.23" ?]
width = 146mm (14.6cm) [5.75" ?]
(nearly A5)

Perhaps the book can be returned for scanning before forwarding to Karyu Pawl?  There will be a way round it :)
The plan is, to scan the whole book before it goes to Frommer. Everyone who had the book would like to have a copy (as PDF?) of it. Actually, there is missing 5 members from EU and some from the US who maybe couldn't be at the meet. They should also have the possibility to add their stuff in the book before it goes to Pawl.

Oh, and if you could convince some Lightstorm smuk to add some stuff too, it would be uber awesome. :)

Irayo for the video ma Tìtstewan.  That will give folks an idea of what it is and what it is about.
Kea tìkin. :) Just the video quality makes me cry...

HRH! love this! :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Its cool to see the book come to AvatarMeet. I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done. The only concern I have is there is not a lot of time at a busy convention to do thoughtful entries, if this is becomes your only shot at doing it. I am hoping there will still be a chance to spend a few days and do a nice entry vs. rushing something in 10-20 minutes. Also, if everyone on a given continent fills it out in one spot, it is hardly a 'Puk Pxaw 'Rrta'.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ikxeru

Right, the concept is that this book should travel the world - and anyone should have a chance to get it. But this book was halted for several months now by a certain person due to unforseen circumstances.
A lot of people have already prepared something to add to the book (and they are waiting very long now to add something.) So this is a good chance to bring all these people together at the meetup.

But if anyone wants to have the book at home to add something - which is highly recommended if there is nothing so far prepared - everyone is still very welcome to take all time needed to add something nice, of course..

Anyway, I will take the book with me to AvatarMeet and it should stay in the US, so that this book can continue it's way to travel the world.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...