Started by Alan, February 28, 2015, 03:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Kaltxì ma frapo

have there been, are there or will there be an Avatarmeets in Australia??

Tstewa
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Vawmataw

Since 2011, the AvatarMeets only occured in the United States (according to the website). I'm not sure if this will occur outside the U.S. in the future if the planning team is from the U.S., but anyway we never know the location until it's announced. (The others can confirm)
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 23, 2015, 01:26:14 PM
NICE. Are you going to rent a car when you land in Denver and drive to the campsite? If so, This would be a perfect means for A) us to meet in person for the first time ever and hang out while going there and B) to save money and number of cars on the road. :D

I'll let you know what I work out for sure. Almost positive I'll be renting a car at this point, just gotta see if my schedule will match up with yours (which shouldn't be too hard to make happen). I also forgot that we still have never actually met, gotta fix that.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ftiafpi on March 23, 2015, 06:29:50 PM
I'll let you know what I work out for sure. Almost positive I'll be renting a car at this point, just gotta see if my schedule will match up with yours (which shouldn't be too hard to make happen).

Cool!

QuoteI also forgot that we still have never actually met, gotta fix that.

I fail at life. We HAVE met. At Prrton's forest house in Oct 2010 for the Workshop. HOW could I have forgotten that you were there. I remember you being there. At least now I do. ;D ;D :-[

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 24, 2015, 02:24:18 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on March 23, 2015, 06:29:50 PM
I'll let you know what I work out for sure. Almost positive I'll be renting a car at this point, just gotta see if my schedule will match up with yours (which shouldn't be too hard to make happen).

Cool!

QuoteI also forgot that we still have never actually met, gotta fix that.

I fail at life. We HAVE met. At Prrton's forest house in Oct 2010 for the Workshop. HOW could I have forgotten that you were there. I remember you being there. At least now I do. ;D ;D :-[

I wish I went. But, doing that Pool Pirates short film was very fun.
私は太った男だ。

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 23, 2015, 01:26:14 PM
Are you going to rent a car when you land in Denver and drive to the campsite? If so, This would be a perfect means for A) us to meet in person for the first time ever and hang out while going there and B) to save money and number of cars on the road. :D

Ma Tirea, just booked my flight. Going to arrive at Denver at 12:00 PM on United Airlines 1716. I'll have a rental car that can fit one more person and 1 more bag.
Leaving Sunday at 11:23 AM on United Airlines 533. So, I'll have to leave around 8 AM on Sunday from the campsite.

You're welcome to ride along if you like.

Alan

Regarding transport to and from Denver airport...

Can't remember if I posted this previously, but for anyone looking for transport options there is an airport shuttle to and from Estes Park calling at the Hotel, Denver Airport and also the Amtrak Station.  It is $85 return or $45 one way.  Below is a link:

http://www.estesparkshuttle.com/DIA-airport-shuttle

In Estes Park there is also a free bus service too.  Information can be found here:

http://www.visitestespark.com/maps-and-info/free-shuttle-buses/

So for anyone who doesn't want to drive or be a bit greener there are options.

Eeee... can't wait to meet up with the Avatar family again :)

Alan

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Alan on April 19, 2015, 05:34:19 AM
Regarding transport to and from Denver airport...

Can't remember if I posted this previously, but for anyone looking for transport options there is an airport shuttle to and from Estes Park calling at the Hotel, Denver Airport and also the Amtrak Station.  It is $85 return or $45 one way.  Below is a link:

http://www.estesparkshuttle.com/DIA-airport-shuttle

In Estes Park there is also a free bus service too.  Information can be found here:

http://www.visitestespark.com/maps-and-info/free-shuttle-buses/

So for anyone who doesn't want to drive or be a bit greener there are options.

Eeee... can't wait to meet up with the Avatar family again :)

Alan

I would probably do that but have a few places I want to visit in Fort Collins at some point while I'm there so needed a rental car.

Alan

No worries ma tsmukan.  The information is posted for everyone who is looking to get to Estes from Denver.  I'm staying in Denver for a few days prior to do a little exploring and will be getting the shuttle from there.  Its great there is one available.

Alan

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 19, 2015, 08:20:13 PM

I would probably do that but have a few places I want to visit in Fort Collins at some point while I'm there so needed a rental car.

;D ;D

Sìkat

ARGH!

Sorry, folks; I'm not going to be able to make it to AvatarMeet this year.

I just learned today that I have both cubital and carpal tunnel syndrome. (The cubital is basically the elbow version of carpal) Both will need surgery, but I'm only having the elbow done because I haven't had any problems with my wrist.  The surgery is going to require me to be out of work for 3-4 days.  That alone would have precluded me from attending this year, but I don't even know how much of a dent this surgery is going to make in my bank account.

I have a personal favor to ask: would any of you be interested in using my GoPro to record additional video?  If so, PM me your address, and I'll send it to you.  I'll pay for the return shipping.  In return, all I want are unedited copies of whatever you shoot with it.  I'll provide a place on my server for you to upload the videos.  The only mount I have is a chest mount; please let me know if you'd prefer another style, and I'll pay for it if it's reasonably priced.  I'll also look into getting a couple of extra batteries.

If the bandwidth is available, I'd also like to give a shout-out to all of you over Skype (or at least over the telephone) just before you watch the movie, and after that's done, I'll also watch the movie.  

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Sìkat on April 23, 2015, 06:29:12 PM
ARGH!

Sorry, folks; I'm not going to be able to make it to AvatarMeet this year.

I just learned today that I have both cubital and carpal tunnel syndrome. (The cubital is basically the elbow version of carpal) Both will need surgery, but I'm only having the elbow done because I haven't had any problems there.  The surgery is going to require me to be out of work for 3-4 days.  That alone would have precluded me from attending this year, but I don't even know how much of a dent this surgery is going to make in my bank account.

I have a personal favor to ask: would any of you be interested in using my GoPro to record additional video?  If so, PM me your address, and I'll send it to you.  I'll pay for the return shipping.  In return, all I want are unedited copies of whatever you shoot with it.  I'll provide a place on my server for you to upload the videos.  The only mount I have is a chest mount; please let me know if you'd prefer another style, and I'll pay for it if it's reasonably priced.  I'll also look into getting a couple of extra batteries.

If the bandwidth is available, I'd also like to give a shout-out to all of you over Skype (or at least over the telephone) just before you watch the movie, and after that's done, I'll also watch the movie. 

Sìkat, I have a GoPro and will probably use it some. I'll see if I can send you what I record but if you also want to send your GoPro to someone else in addition then by all means.

So sorry to hear about your medical woes but definitely take care of yourself first. :)

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Sìkat on April 23, 2015, 06:29:12 PM
I have a personal favor to ask: would any of you be interested in using my GoPro to record additional video?  If so, PM me your address, and I'll send it to you.  I'll pay for the return shipping.  In return, all I want are unedited copies of whatever you shoot with it.  I'll provide a place on my server for you to upload the videos.  The only mount I have is a chest mount; please let me know if you'd prefer another style, and I'll pay for it if it's reasonably priced.  I'll also look into getting a couple of extra batteries.

If no one person picks up this mantel, maybe see if Marki or Aketuan are willing to be the shipping address. That way it at least gets to AvatarMeet, once there we could take turns wearing it maybe? I know I'm up for wearing it for at least a few hours, but might feel over obligated if I had to do it all the days.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I would offer to take the GoPro, but it is now unlikely I will be attending, either. :( There is still a lot of time between now and then, and I have more travel options than Sìkat. If a few things go really right in the next 6-8 weeks, maybe I will be able to attend. But I am not counting on it.

I like the idea of sharing the camera, though. You never know what might get captured!

I tried to win a Go Pro this year at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas, where they usually give away about 20 of them (the 4K version, nonetheless!). But I was not very lucky this year.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Sìkat

That's an excellent idea, and I'll get in touch with both of them later today.

Sìkat

Quote from: Sarah Noel on April 24, 2015, 02:01:06 AM
If no one person picks up this mantel, maybe see if Marki or Aketuan are willing to be the shipping address. That way it at least gets to AvatarMeet, once there we could take turns wearing it maybe? I know I'm up for wearing it for at least a few hours, but might feel over obligated if I had to do it all the days.

I've thrown both of them a PM, but neither have responded as of yet.

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Sìkat

Got it, and I've responded with my own information.

Ftiafpi

Any idea when we'll have the recommended hotel arranged? Seems like we should get that nailed down sooner rather than later to help with booking and getting the cheapest rates available.