Started by Alan, February 28, 2015, 03:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sìkat

Oh, SWEET!  From June 2000-February 2004, I lived in Colorado Springs, CO; I visited Estes Park on a camping trip in 2001.  I'm somewhat familiar with the Denver area, although my knowledge is outdated by 11 years.  Trust me, folks: it's seriously beautiful, and you will almost certainly want to bring cameras.

Tìlu

I might be able to go! :D
I've been up to Greeley and Red Feather Lakes, Colorado. And trust me, like ma Sìkat said, you'll definitely want cameras especially if you haven't been up in that area before.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The meetup dates work for me. If there is a camping event before, I don't think I can make that (conflicts with Golden State Star Party). This is definitely a train trip for me, and I really look forward to these!

I can now start planning all travel for the balance of 2015!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

AvatarMeet will never be close enough to me. :( Have fun, guys!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Wind12

I am going to Try to make it again this year, I am also going to try to do the camping portion as well, as long as I can figure out the logistics of getting from the Denver airport to the camping area and up to Estes, it was an honor to get to meet my aysmuktu and hope to be a part of the whole experience this time, I have never been to the mountains so I am very excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

@ Sìkat  - Cool - You'll be able to be our tour guide ;)  Hehehe

@ Tìlu - Hope you can.  It's great to meet new faces at the meetup.

@ 'Eylan - Yes, there are some 'pre-meet' activities.  There will be camping in Jasper and in parallel sight seeing in Denver, before everyone treks to Estes Park.  I'll be arriving by train too - from Chicago of all places!

@ Vawmataw - Sorry you can't make it this time.  We try to post every day so the rest of the clan can kinda feel part of it.

@ Wind12 -Go for it! ;)  I'm sure everything will work out as it should.

Alan

Sìkat

So, 22-26 July is the meetup itself; how many days for the premeet?

Alan

This is fairly flexible to those who want to the do the pre-meet activities.  The general idea of having the meet up start on a Wednesday means that the weekend before and the beginning of the week are available for people to travel and take part in the pre-meet activities.

There's no definitive answer yet.  It'll be down to what each group would like to do.

Alan

CyanRachel

Great "teaser trailer" video, Alan!  :D

Very much looking forward to this meetup, as it'll be my first time visiting the beautiful state of Colorado.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Txur’Itan

I was laid off back in August, and haven't yet found work. Because of this, I have financial trouble this year, and I can't afford the trip.  :'( I hope you all have a good time, those who can attend.  ;D
私は太った男だ。

Sìkat

Sorry to hear that, ma Txur'itan :(

Tìtstewan

I have mentioned the following words recently in another thread:
Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 01, 2015, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 28, 2015, 06:08:30 PMAnd I think there are a lot of us here who would love to meet you in person!
I also would love to meet you all in person too. :)

Yeah, the thing is that I can't get enough money to travel there. Let's use the upcomming AvatarMeet in Colorado as an example. A flight from Frankfurt to Denver costs around €1200 with return, /only/ the flight. Not to mention, that I will have to take the train to arrive the airport (from Ulm - Frankfurt) that cost me around €70.
After I would be in Denver, I have to take also the train or taxi/bus to get to Estes Park, Colorado. Also, I would need some money for other stuff like hotel, food, random activities etc. let say that would make minimum €2000.
So, I would have to save €3500 total for such a trip. And, as long as I haven't a well-paid job, I can't save €300 per month...

At the moment, it still a nice dream. :( :'(

This makes me so sad. :( I wish much fun to all who will participate! :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

I'm still a college student with no income outside financial aid refunds and the mercy of my family, so I probably can't afford this trip. I'd totally love to go though. At least I was lucky enough to be able to scrounge and make it to last year's priceless meet. (IRAYO ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanä sì Sìkat!)

Videos and posts! :D

Vawmataw

I'm not major, so I would have to go with my family. In the end, it would cost $3-4k, so no thanks.

Quote@ Vawmataw - Sorry you can't make it this time.  We try to post every day so the rest of the clan can kinda feel part of it.
I think I will never make it. If there will be AvatarMeets in the mid-2020s, maybe I will make it.
I will look forward the pictures. :)

Sìkat

I promise, ma Tirea ulte ma Vamataw...if I can do so during the event, I'll upload to my server *everything* I possibly can.  That's including videos from my GoPro.  The only problem is that I don't know what kind of Internet connectivity (if any) will be available.  During the King's Canyon campout last year, there was absolutely *no* Internet access of any kind.  In fact, we had to drive 2-1/2 hours out of there before there was a cell signal, and even then, it was weak enough that it basically killed my phone's battery.

Vawmataw

Well, if it doesn't work, then I will wait after.

Tìlu

Ma Sìkat reminded me of something to say (even though it's not internet connectivity). I'm not sure if it will happen at this AvatarMeet but I know in some parts of the Rockies (even the foothills!) there's some places without cell service at all. So just something to keep in mind.

Ftiafpi

Definitely going to be there this year with oeyä yawnetu again. I was actually born just outside of Estes so this is technically my hometown. I'm really looking forward to going there again. This should be a lot of fun.

Seze

I currently live near Denver, so I will definitely be showing up for some of the festivities.  I may be able to help drive people over from DIA, depending on when people arrive. 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available