Started by Alan, December 19, 2015, 02:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Well, I think you've all waited long enough, and so to celebrate Avatar's 6th birthday here's AvatarMeet 2015 - The Movie. Irayo nìtxan to Ekirä for her amazing artwork and 'eyland ayfalulukan for his photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su2aiL7T8_Y

Alan

Vawmataw

My favourite part is the Estes Park Observatory.
You went there without me. :'(
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Alan

Yeah, that trip to the observatory was pretty special.  You'll have to join us at the next one ;)

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan nìwotx, ma Alan. These documentaries keep getting better and better!
I liked the effects you had in there, like the revealing panoramic photo. Most importantly, to your credit (and a mark of an experienced editor, who knows how to tell a story), the effects were not overdone.
Did you use some stock footage for the zoo section? It was a drab, gray day that day, but your footage was bright and sunny! I like how you used the 'kitty' pictures I took. I never envisioned them being used in that way!
Too bad you didn't get some footage or pictures from Raiden's herping trip, which ran parallel to the zoo trip.
What music did you use for the mountain tour from Saturday morning? That was some very naʼvi-ish music without being Naʼvi music.
One notable boo-boo though...at the very end, you mispronounced Eywa ;)
Still though, txantsan frato!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Irayo nìtxan ma tsmukan for your kind words.

Must thank Ekirä for the amazing artwork that is featured in the title sequences.  She did it in Phtoshop and put the elements on different layers that enabled me to add some z-depth in After Effects.

As for the zoo video that is my own footage that I took when Rachel and I visited there before the meet up.  ;)  Your photos were great.  You took a shed load so I was able to join them up to sort of animate them.  Sorry about my poor corny jokes - Hehehe.

Unfortunately I didn't get any piccies or video from the camping trip, but then I forgot to ask too.  However, I think Raiden said there is some available and so we might be able to pull something together for that.

As for the music I used during our trip up the mountains it is called "Prayer for the Earth" and is from a 1994(!) Album called The Songs of Distant Earth by my most favourite composer - Mike Oldfield (of Tubular Bells fame).  The actual piece of music is an hour long, but is made up of multiple parts.  Here's an excerpt with the bit that I used in it at about 4 min 20 sec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPznM5cg6jk

Ahhh.....Eywa.  So is it pronounced "EEE-wa" or I-wa"?  Every day is a learning day.  :)

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

More like Eh-wa. Watch the film. /ey/ is kind of a long /a/ sound.
I'll explore that music tomorrow evening. Irayo nìtxan.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 20, 2015, 04:38:12 AM

Irayo :)  Ehhhhh....waaa.....   Ehhhyyy....ooops...waaa ;D  Ey-wa, Eh-wa.  :D

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Alan on December 20, 2015, 05:57:36 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 20, 2015, 04:38:12 AM

Irayo :)  Ehhhhh....waaa.....   Ehhhyyy....ooops...waaa ;D  Ey-wa, Eh-wa.  :D

Alan

Txantsan! Neytiri won't slap you, now ;)

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Phew! ....errr....but then again I might like a slap from Neytiri!  Hehehe.

Alan

CyanRachel

Awesome job on the meetup video as always, Alan!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

Irayo nìtxan ma CyanRachel - and for putting up with me waving the camera around!  :D

Alan