AvatarMeet 2016 dates & location announced!

Started by mikkowilson, December 18, 2015, 09:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkowilson

Aysmuk! The dates & location of AvatarMeet 2016 have been set!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixZu5Gu_Xc

Get the full scoop & register at AvatarMeet.com

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Vawmataw

Oh, great! :D
I hope you guys will have fun there. :)
Will there be a Toruk show during the Meet?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 18, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
Lu na'vi ata'lengean srak ;)

Now, I can start planning!

Nice animation,  ma Mikkowilson!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

mikkowilson

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

Sìkat

Sweet!  I'm putting in for the time off as soon as I'm able to; no way in Hell I'm missing this :)

Might there be a pre-meet next year as well?

mikkowilson

Quote from: Sìkat on December 19, 2015, 09:27:22 AM
Might there be a pre-meet next year as well?
Don't know yet. Camping options are also being discussed.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

Alan

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 18, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
Oh, great! :D
I hope you guys will have fun there. :)

Sraneeeeeeee!!!  That's one of the main reason we're going to Raleigh - to see Toruk - The First Flight.

Is there any chance you might join us?  It's 7 months away still.  ;)

Alan

Vawmataw

Quote from: Alan on December 19, 2015, 02:23:40 PM
Is there any chance you might join us?  It's 7 months away still.  ;)
As long as I am not autonomous with a job and a house I think I will not make it. :(
Anyway, I'll see the show in January. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ma Vamataw, you will see the show before many of us will! (Would one be blue with envy here?? ;) )
I really do look forward to meeting you when you are in a position to travel, preferably some place where we can do some astronomy. It would be even better if Kamaliehope could join us! (Maybe someday, we will have a meetup at Great Basin National Park, hint, hint)

If there is no Feline Conservation Federation convention the week before (Raleigh is high on the list for this year, and it is usually about the same time as this event is scheduled) AND I can find someone to assist me with shipping logistics, I might consider camping. Otherwise, not this year. OTOH, this might be one of the better years to cosplay!

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 19, 2015, 02:26:41 PM
As long as I am not autonomous with a job and a house I think I will not make it. :(

Well, I hope you will be able to make 2017 ;)  Resistance is futile  MOWHAHAHA... *cough, cough ...errr....oops....wrong series!  Hehehe

Alan

CyanRachel

Yay! Glad to see the news is posted for AM2016! I just put my name on the Roll Call for the meetup.  :D

And great job, Alan, on the meetup teaser trailer video! Love those 3D computer graphics!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

Irayo nìtxan ma tsmuke :).  That reminds me I need to add my name to the roll call!  Hehehe

Alan

Sìkat

I just tossed my hat in the ring :)  I'm wondering if the $270 worth of Southwest travel credit (from when I had to cancel my AM2015 plans) will still be available.  If so, great; if not, it's within a day's drive for me.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Sìkat on December 20, 2015, 01:40:08 PM
I just tossed my hat in the ring :)  I'm wondering if the $270 worth of Southwest travel credit (from when I had to cancel my AM2015 plans) will still be available.  If so, great; if not, it's within a day's drive for me.

You should check. I forget if the credit is good for six months or a year.

Yawey ngahu!

Vawmataw

Quote from: Alan on December 20, 2015, 04:20:25 AM
Quote from: Vawmataw on December 19, 2015, 02:26:41 PM

Well, I hope you will be able to make 2017 ;)  Resistance is futile  MOWHAHAHA... *cough, cough ...errr....oops....wrong series!  Hehehe

Alan
I'm 15 :(

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 27, 2015, 05:57:59 PM
I'm 15 :(

I think I was 16 or 17 when I went to my first sci-fi convention. There were three or four of us, all of us underage, who went together. I can't remember now if we took the bus, or if one of us had a driver's license. I do know I shot part of my student film there (on film!). Those were kinder, gentler days (1977 or thereabouts), and our parents weren't the least bit concerned about our safety.

Yawey ngahu!

allrock123

How can one call the gathering   "before the first songs" ? in indigenous storytelling "The people" and there history "did not exist" before the singing of the first songs ?  A return to the place of the first songs or the creation of the first songs gave birth to existence of "The people" "The Na'vi" in Avatar
since Avatar's story does contain "reflective" elements one would be symbolicly returning to a time before the source creation of the  "Na'vi unified community's" possibly to the place of the "time of great sorrow" where these people where fighting each other before they were called into unity by first "Toruk Makto" (rider of Toruk)   

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That is an excellent point, ma Allrock123. By the time of this story, Naʼvi culture was already highly developed, and they had a functional language. I would say not only was this story not 'before the first songs', but actually considerably after that time.

Yawey ngahu!

Toruk Makto

Quote from: allrock123 on December 30, 2015, 07:55:19 PM
How can one call the gathering   "before the first songs" ? in indigenous storytelling "The people" and there history "did not exist" before the singing of the first songs ?  A return to the place of the first songs or the creation of the first songs gave birth to existence of "The people" "The Na'vi" in Avatar
since Avatar's story does contain "reflective" elements one would be symbolicly returning to a time before the source creation of the  "Na'vi unified community's" possibly to the place of the "time of great sorrow" where these people where fighting each other before they were called into unity by first "Toruk Makto" (rider of Toruk)   

The tagine is borrowed from the title of the Cirque show...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Quote from: Toruk Makto on January 01, 2016, 03:50:49 AM
Quote from: allrock123 on December 30, 2015, 07:55:19 PM

The tagine is borrowed from the title of the Cirque show...

In the movie, when Neytiri is speaking to Jake after their escape from the toruk, she says that the first flight of a toruk with a rider was in a time before the first songs. :toruk:

:palulukan:
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!